Official eBay finds thread!

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Im new to CAG but old to deal finding, game hunting, and gaming in general. Anyway, I noticed that while there is a yard sale finds thread and a craigslist find thread, we don't have an ebay finds thread! I double checked in the search as well.

So I figured may as well! So go ahead and post if you've bought a hard to find game, snagged a great deal, or won an exciting bidding war! Non-game auction victories can be posted here as well!

I'll start it out. Pics:
100_0719.jpg

Descriptions:
These four games are from four different auctions over the last year from ebay. They aren't super recent, but like I said i'm new to CAG and I just want to share a little of my hobby with you guys, my new online community, because it's been a big part of my life for...well, my entire life!

The first game in this picture is Jump Superstars. I'd love this to come out in North America, but I don't see that happening. The appeal of a smash bros-esque ds anime fighter was to much to resist so I picked this one up. Paid $23.89 shipped.

The next one, as you can tell, is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I never played a GTA game until GTA4, and I loved it. A friend of mine reccomended GTA San Andreas and I happened to find this rare copy on ebay with the AO rating on the packaging. It was still factory sealed at the time too! Paid $21.54 (i think .54) plus $2.00 shipping. Note: the AO is a sticker (one on front and one on back) covering the normal 'M' rating. The stickers are directly on the cover art insert, not the case.

The next games from two separate auctions, Pokemon Box Ruby and Sapphire and NCAA College Basketball 2k3 are both for the GameCube as you can tell. Pokemon Box has been a great tool to have (it's basically an expanded version of the PC storage system in the gba games). It's really handy to not have to delete my pokemon when I do start new games. The last game, NCAA 2K3 features Jay Williams on the cover, and as a Bulls fan made me want it. These are considered by a lot of people to be the rarest games on the GameCube system, especially Pokemon Box, and both games came complete with instruction booklets. Pokemon even came with a Ruby and Sapphire colored memory card (not sure if this originally came with the game or was sold separatley). These are two of the more exciting finds i've had in my many game hunting days.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']how much did you pay for pokemon box and ncaa?[/QUOTE]

Pokemon Box was a little pricey for my taste for a used game ($57.83 shipped, although that is still fairly cheap for this game...gotta love 3 AM ending auctions!). I got a nice deal on NCAA Basketball 2k3. I was lucky enough to find that copy available as a BuyItNow for $20.00 ($24.00 shipped).

Also note: I think it was .83 for the cents for Pokemon Box's price. I sometimes forget how much cents the price included, lol.

Yeah, those are definitely two of the rarest Gamecube games.. the Pokemon Box technically wasn't a retail release but is still extremely hard to find.. NCAA 2K3 is the rarest game on the Gamecube.

My best find was the Parasite Eve millenium collection. I originally found it on eBay but ended up purchasing it from dv8mad, I think. Great guy. Anyway, the Millenium Collection comes with an import copy of PE2 and a glass bust of Aya Brea. The Squaresoft Millenium collection is rare by itself, but this one is one of the rarest of the collection. IF you can find it listed on eBay, it'll generally fall in the $150-$175 range. I don't think mine was complete, sadly, because I don't remember a trading card being in mine.

pe_box.jpg
pe_1.jpg

Only thing I brought recently was a complete Gyakuten Saiban 4 LE for $44. Comes with the bonus headphone too.

Bought a Dragon Age CE for PS3 for 34 shipped. There's a bit of damage on the sleeve. Got lucky as the person put the normal version as the picture. Turns out the codes weren't used at all and I sold all three separately $70 total.

bought a sealed copy of silent hill 1 in mint condition for a little over $100 about 2 months ago. recently, bioshock limited edition in mint condition for $100.

[quote name='javeryh']I just bought the Lego Batman and Pure combo for my son for $6.05 shipped. What do I win?[/QUOTE]

you won the lego batman and pure combo

Pokemon Box used to go for over $200 so you definitely got a good deal

I got MySims Racing for 15.99 shipped + cashback a couple weeks ago, new copy. Its still going for $30 or more everywhere.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Bought Heavy Rain brand new a few days ago for $40 + 8% bing cashback, deal or what?[/QUOTE]

Heck yes! Thats still a new game, going for 50-60 bucks

[quote name='SaraAB']Pokemon Box used to go for over $200 so you definitely got a good deal

I got MySims Racing for 15.99 shipped + cashback a couple weeks ago, new copy. Its still going for $30 or more everywhere.[/QUOTE]

I showed this to my buddy lol...he just paid $28 for a copy

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']your deal is obviously better, but someone has them at $7.49 shipped, brand new. i bought 1 and there are 2 left if anyone wants one. $7.49 for two games isnt half bad imo

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XBOX-360-Vi...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item1c10dc002d

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XBOX-360-Vi...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item1c10dbfffb[/QUOTE]

Wow I wish I knew about that sooner. Mine are supposedly new and factory sealed but I bought it from a seller with 3 feedback and no history in the past 12 months. Not a big deal since it was only $6 but still for the extra $1.50 it would have been worth it for peace of mind.

anyone have some sniping tips (last second bids not fps stuff ;))?

or better yet ways to help remember that you're watching an item (I've missed out on LO for under $15 several times :bomb:)

very jealous of those pokemon box and ncaa finds. i collect gc and those are the last two rarer games i need to find. good job op

Fallout original PC "big box" w/manual: $18 shipped
Fallout/Fallout 2 "Dual Jewel" set SEALED: $12 shipped
2x Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition (same seller): $45 each shipped
Mass Effect Collector's Edition (half.com): $47 shipped
Halo 3 Legendary Edition w/Helmet: $31 shipped
Fallout 3 GotY Edition: $19 shipped
Dragon Age Origins PS3 + CE hardcover Guide: $43.99 shipped

Oh, it goes on...

is there really such thing as an "Ebay find"? arent the rest of the "Finds" threads basically comparisons to how much you'd turn around and make on Ebay? these for the most part seem like used game prices and not that special. this is just my opinion when i first saw this thread

[quote name='juangrande386']is there really such thing as an "Ebay find"? arent the rest of the "Finds" threads basically comparisons to how much you'd turn around and make on Ebay? these for the most part seem like used game prices and not that special. this is just my opinion when i first saw this thread[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, there are eBay "finds". In fact, it's one of my two primary ways to find rare games and valuable games at a discount. Yes, a search for "Bioshock Limited" pulls up multiple copies on eBay, but getting an early morning $19.99 buy-it-now on a copy certainly qualifies as a "find" (this did happen to me for the complete w/Big Daddy PC version). Ditto for the OP's grab of jewels like Pokemon Box NTSC and NCAA Basketball 2K3. Those are not at all easy to find in the wild to begin with so to find them anywhere at a discount is a Big Deal.

[quote name='juangrande386']is there really such thing as an "Ebay find"? arent the rest of the "Finds" threads basically comparisons to how much you'd turn around and make on Ebay? these for the most part seem like used game prices and not that special. this is just my opinion when i first saw this thread[/QUOTE]

Sometimes people will set a low BIN so there are ebay finds

So much shadiness on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MLB-2K10-Xbox-3...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item3a5908ab76

"This is an original xbox360 game disc and not a copy. There are a few light scratches but nothing deep. It is for the disc only. It does not come with a cover or inserts. This is how i originally bought the game."

Yet he has 2 available. I'm thinking they got scratched as he hurriedly removed them from the case the local retail store.

[quote name='confoosious']So much shadiness on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MLB-2K10-Xbox-3...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item3a5908ab76

"This is an original xbox360 game disc and not a copy. There are a few light scratches but nothing deep. It is for the disc only. It does not come with a cover or inserts. This is how i originally bought the game."

Yet he has 2 available. I'm thinking they got scratched as he hurriedly removed them from the case the local retail store.[/QUOTE]

based on the number of disc only game he sold they are probably stolen

"This is how i originally bought the game for a cheaper price then buying from the store"

I guess stealing it is always cheapter THAN buying it from the store.

well the last 2 months on ebay i have gotten the following and most within days of release on the newer titles, i have lots and buy ti nows on a 30 sec refresh on my home system, and pick up tons of stuff with low buy it nows right as they are posted.

AvP - $30 shipped
Ao2: 40th Day $25
COD 2 - $5 shipped
COD3 - $6 Shipped
COD4: Goty - $12 Shipped
Just cause 2 - $40.03
7 game lot ( disc only - SW: TFU, Spidey WoS, Too Human, Section 8, gears, halo Wars ) - $40
Mass Effect 2 - $24
COD MW2 - $30 Shipped, then flipped it at GS trade in bonus for $47
L4D, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell DA - $17 Shipped

a few others... i love the buy now quick sells... there have been more but those are off the top of my head... lots of deals there.

I really want a copy of Borderlands 360 on the cheap, been scouring but no luck. I looked at completed listings and someone scored a $15 BIN!! So jealous.

Not a video-game deal, but I just bought a Florida Panthers replica NHL jersey (older CCM-made one but with the tags still attached) for $20.94 shipped.

I got a boxed N64 Pikachu edition console with Hey Pikachu game, microphone, Pikachu blue controller and AC adapter, but no AV cable. The console was like new. The total was about $40 ($24.99 + $15 shipping). Somehow, I was the only bidder so the starting bid was the selling price.

I thought this was a great deal.

[quote name='confoosious']"This is how i originally bought the game for a cheaper price then buying from the store"

I guess stealing it is always cheapter THAN buying it from the store.[/QUOTE]

I think it's pretty clear that they're stolen. He's sold multiple copies of the same game quite a few times.

[quote name='confoosious']So much shadiness on ebay:

Yet he has 2 available. I'm thinking they got scratched as he hurriedly removed them from the case the local retail store.[/QUOTE]

So...

1) This guy is obviously selling stolen goods.
2) He wanted $40 shipped for each of the scratched, disc-only copies of the game he stole.
3) People actually paid $40 shipped for each of the scratched, disc-only copies of the game he stole, a game that we've already seen on a sale at a number of places.

Wow...

EDIT: Looking at his complete auctions, seems like he probably works in a retail store and has been ripping them off slowly but surely. Bunch of disc-only games and a some iPhones.

Well i got a couple of good deals.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn - mint & complete $27 shipped

Dragon Warrior VII - mint & complete $39 shipped

I got a PS3 80 GB new for 280 but the seal was open and the box was more beat up than in photos. I think I'm going to return it.

Shipping will end up costing me a bit but I guess it could have been a more expensive lesson.

Man I was using fatfingers (searches typos) found a DS Lite for parts but in the description he sort of just says that he doesn't know if it works or what's wrong with it.

I figure maybe the battery was dead (didn't come with a charger).. worst case is I can always relist it and probably get my money back and more (since it was a typo listing).

Bought it for about $15... got it today.. works perfectly. Little beat up (tons of stickers, hinge a bit loose) but works fine! Just needed to be charged. It's pink but really for $15 for a working DS Lite I could give a shit.

grabbed assassins creed 2, fable 2, and MUA1 for less than $20 total shipped on ebay, Mass Effect for $9 ( eh ) ebay is saving me tons of cash right now...

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Dreamcast - some scratches, with case and manual, plays fine $14 shipped

Capcom Vs. SNK for Dreamcast - near mint disc, complete, cracked case - $13 shipped.

Soul Calibur for Dreamcast - complete, cracked case, minor scratches on game disc - $5.75 shipped

Earthworm Jim for Genesis - complete, all like new - $9 shipped

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']So...

1) This guy is obviously selling stolen goods.
2) He wanted $40 shipped for each of the scratched, disc-only copies of the game he stole.
3) People actually paid $40 shipped for each of the scratched, disc-only copies of the game he stole, a game that we've already seen on a sale at a number of places.

Wow...

EDIT: Looking at his complete auctions, seems like he probably works in a retail store and has been ripping them off slowly but surely. Bunch of disc-only games and a some iPhones.[/QUOTE]

Looking at his history now, he has a bunch of negatives within the past week.

Picked up a D.J. Hero Renegade edition (PS3) complete for just under $40 shipped. It arrived in minty condition (seriously, it looked like it'd been used maybe twice) and works perfectly.

The seller was dealtree-techstore. If it's the same company I'm thinking of, the irony is that I could trade it in through their Best Buy program and actually make 7 bucks. Yet, I wonder how a company stays in business selling things for less than it pays while it also fronts the shipping the trade in (it's freakin' heavy)...

In any case, the Renegade turntable seems a bit more responsive than the standard unit and while I likely won't use the case as a stand, it's really nice for storage. Can't vouch for all the seller's merchandise, but they seem to have had a lot of the Renegade systems posted lately (most all closing at less than $40 w/tax and free shipping) and the one I got was outstanding, with the qualifier that they don't pack the outer box in anything (they just slap a mailing sticker on it and send it on it's way).

[quote name='Boeing 747']Man I was using fatfingers (searches typos) found a DS Lite for parts but in the description he sort of just says that he doesn't know if it works or what's wrong with it.

I figure maybe the battery was dead (didn't come with a charger).. worst case is I can always relist it and probably get my money back and more (since it was a typo listing).

Bought it for about $15... got it today.. works perfectly. Little beat up (tons of stickers, hinge a bit loose) but works fine! Just needed to be charged. It's pink but really for $15 for a working DS Lite I could give a shit.[/QUOTE]

you can always buy a replacement case from DX for $10 and you've got a new DSlite of any color for $25

bread's done
Back