The Art of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -Limited Folio Edition - ONLY 200 are made

Holy mama :shock: :shock: :shock:, that's expensive... i love the book, man, $300? And even the paper version is $65 :(

Oh yeah, not to mention shipping... I would have jump on it if they include the key/dagger...

[quote name='Jodou']So where's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Only 200 made... don't look too much into it, obviously no for everyone, but don't flame the OP, we do need this sort of thread from time to time. Like the limited Bioshock 2 faceplate, i made some money on that!

[quote name='Jodou']So where's the deal?[/QUOTE]Think of the money saved by NOT buying it? :lol:

Personally, I put mine between my Uncharted 2: Fortune Hunter Edition and my "Down with 1.06 Patch" protest sign that I made the other day... ;)

Edit: OP no offense meant. Just having fun at the concept of it all.

I know not everyone can afford $300 on an artbook there are collectors and people who would buy high quality artbooks. The regular edition is only $81.42 shipped which is a very reasonable price. People paid much more for Half Life 2 artbook, and many paid $70 for FF13 soundtrack. There are plenty of people that were upset that they didnt get in on limited Bioshock faceplate or Ace Attorney DSi case so this is worth a post.

[quote name='kidrocklive']am I the only one who the link doesn't work for?[/QUOTE]
It's not working for me... but was working originally. I suggest trying again later.

It was working for me earlier, but not now... You can flip through the book on-line, it's pretty cool, a lot of pictures and original concept arts.

[quote name='ninja dog']website's dead?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it. Demand for the $300 book must have crushed the poor publishing website.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Couldn't they at least get the devs' signatures for this if they're gonna charge you $375?[/QUOTE]

ding, and the dagger replica...

Website's back up for anyone waiting. Just snagged #200 (as in the book numbered 200, there are still over 100 left).

#69 still left for those who want a good number!

Pretty cool how they let you select your book #, but this price is too much for me. I'd only end up eBaying it later anyways.

site was down so i just went to google...googled "http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/uncharted2/", and clicked the cached version

I do love the game that much. I wouldn't mind dropping that $ if I was still employed. LOL

It also seems like the lowest number avliable to purchase is #30.

congrats to the #29 other people that bought this thing. :)

$300 buck for a stack of paper that probably cost less than $5 to produce.

Pass. Probably will never be too significant of a flip in this decade.

Only reason I'm interested is because of what the Fortune Hunter pack is fetching on eBay. Laying down nearly $400 is a bit much though.

[quote name='DefaultGen']Website's back up for anyone waiting. Just snagged #200 (as in the book numbered 200, there are still over 100 left).

#69 still left for those who want a good number![/QUOTE]

You sir just got the next best number if not better than or equal to number 1.

[quote name='Ocajavati']$300 buck for a stack of paper that probably cost less than $5 to produce.

Pass. Probably will never be too significant of a flip in this decade.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I'm just not sure how they can justify $300 for a...book. Unless every page is encrusted with gold or something I'm just not seeing it.
For $75 shipping I'd expect them hand deliver these things in a protective case too.

With so many people complaining about a dent on their FF XIII guides I can only imagine what would happen if someone got a dent on something that costs almost 20 times more...

[quote name='Ocajavati']$300 buck for a stack of paper that probably cost less than $5 to produce.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit of a stretch. Art books and coffee table books aren't cheap to make. There's plenty they could do make it a very expensive book to produce, but unfortunately the website is skimpy on the details.

[quote name='Vegan']That's a bit of a stretch. Art books and coffee table books aren't cheap to make. There's plenty they could do make it a very expensive book to produce, but unfortunately the website is skimpy on the details.[/QUOTE]

If you go to the checkout for the guide, it says it comes with a black suede protective case as well... It looks pretty slick. I'd actually consider buying this, as U2 is maybe my favorite game ever, but I really can't justify $75 for shipping. I mean, seriously, what the hell? Maybe I'll pick it up if it's still available in a couple of weeks, but $375 is a whole hell of a lot for something that'll mostly just sit around untouched.

[quote name='Vegan']That's a bit of a stretch. Art books and coffee table books aren't cheap to make. There's plenty they could do make it a very expensive book to produce, but unfortunately the website is skimpy on the details.[/QUOTE]

As an artist who prints very often I must say, printing is f*cking expensive. My portfolio (most likely 1/10 this size) can cost around 50-70 Dollars to print. Then if I were to bind it and make a cover... That said I don't want to pay 67-300 dollars but I am tempted. I mean to own something so rare from a game that people will look back on as an example of a game that helped defined a new generation. You have to admit that in the long run that seems tempting.

Odd choice of purchase. Uncharted 2 is just a really sweet action adventure game with your hollywood-esque plot line. Doesn't really pull any sort of emotional attraction to it that would cause someone to buy a $300 art book, you know?

I mean, is there really an Uncharted enthusiast out there would that would die to get their hands on this?

bread's done
Back