Steam Midweek Deal - Dragon Age: Origins 33% off (33.50)

I've been trying to find a deal on this but haven't found anything significant. I'm considering going for this. Does anybody know of any better deals?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm holding out for the inevitable GotY with all that DLC and the expansion(s?)[/QUOTE]

ditto on that one right there
too much in the backlog anyways

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm holding out for the inevitable GotY with all that DLC and the expansion(s?)[/QUOTE]

Yup. I have it on PC already, but I haven't bought any of the DLC, nor did I pre-order the expansion even though I think the game is great. GOTY on steam will be the way to go.

I think you can probably find a better deal elsewhere for this but being that it is Steam, I would say its more valuable, Steam is the best digital service. The game itself is worth it no matter what you get it for. This game is amazing and just as detailed as Mass Effect as far as the story and decision making goes. The only downside to the game which is not to most is the length of the game. It took me close to 100 hours to beat it so you will get your moneys worth. I didnt even complete all of the side missions.

Same here, I've got too much to play right now and I'd rather wait for the final game with all the added content.

How would this game ever be GOTY??? They are going to need to do something like Resident Evil Gold edition because calling this game anything more than game of the week is false advertising:lol:

This is the best you're gonna see on this game, at least for a digital download. I'll probably finally get it. It is a lot of game for the money, even at full price.

I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest I've seen the PC version on sale for so far, anyways I finally broke down, I was specifically waiting for

Oh man, I'm so tempted with this. I already have the Xbox 360 version, but I've been wanting the PC version now that I fixed my computer. This is the cheapest I've seen it yet. I know as soon as I buy it though I'll see an even better deal.

I'm kind of surprised by everyone saying this isn't a good deal? I dunno, I think it's a good deal at least in my opinion, I loved Mass Effect and have really been wanting this game, I think I'll pick it up at least :)

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']How would this game ever be GOTY??? They are going to need to do something like Resident Evil Gold edition because calling this game anything more than game of the week is false advertising:lol:[/QUOTE]

You clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about. DA:O is a fantastic game, and was critically acclaimed last year, including winning PC Video Game of the Year.

Beat it a few weeks ago after oh ~63 hours, which is rare for me, i get tired of playing the same game real quick. After that many hours, I am completely NOT in the mood for the expansion, I'm totally satiated. Not replaying it either, I'm done and done. Will wait for DA:O 2, still have Mass Effect 2 to buy anyway.

[quote name='Ryukahn']including winning PC Video Game of the Year.[/QUOTE]

You do realize saying it won "PC Game of the year" means nothing because anyone can give anything that award, right?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']You do realize saying it won "PC Game of the year" means nothing because anyone can give anything that award, right?[/QUOTE]

It means something because they can slap it on the box and say "X says this is GOTY!"http://bestof.ign.com/2009/pc/pc-game-of-the-year.html

I suppose it winning PC GOTY from IGN, Gamespot, the VGA's, and I'm sure other places means nothing though, right?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']You do realize saying it won "PC Game of the year" means nothing because anyone can give anything that award, right?[/QUOTE]

However it does open the door for them to release a GOTY edition if a popular website or gaming mag named it PC game of the year.

[quote name='Ryukahn']It means something because they can slap it on the box and say "X says this is GOTY!"http://bestof.ign.com/2009/pc/pc-game-of-the-year.html

I suppose it winning PC GOTY from IGN, Gamespot, the VGA's, and I'm sure other places means nothing though, right?[/QUOTE]

I think you misinterpreted what I meant, I mean any game can be called GotY from anywhere because that's an unofficial award. I'm not discrediting Dragon Age, I'm discrediting the title of GotY.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I think you misinterpreted what I meant, I mean any game can be called GotY from anywhere because that's an unofficial award. I'm not discrediting Dragon Age, I'm discrediting the title of GotY.[/QUOTE]

well obviously, almost every year 5 or more games come out with "GoTY" versions, if it truely was the best game of the year then only one could come out a year. But it doesn't matter because companys are only going to brag about a GoTY if it was from a good source like a popular magazine or website. Still for the most part, any game marked with "GoTY" is a worth game of the title.

[quote name='Fan_of_a_G-Man']I've been trying to find a deal on this but haven't found anything significant. I'm considering going for this. Does anybody know of any better deals?[/QUOTE]

A while back I got it through EA (DD) for $26 with ME1.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I think you misinterpreted what I meant, I mean any game can be called GotY from anywhere because that's an unofficial award. I'm not discrediting Dragon Age, I'm discrediting the title of GotY.[/QUOTE]

I did misunderstand a bit, but I do think GOTY means something when it comes from a mainstream source that is generally regarded as having fair reviews. Now something like Ryukahn's GOTY award wouldn't mean jack, I definitely agree. ;)

[quote name='Tancred']Hell.

Stalin vs Martians has Game Of The Year on the box :D[/QUOTE]

yeah but that's a self joke, the developers knew they were making a terrible game when they were making it. There was never a standard edition, they released it as a GoTY as a joke :p.

If you bought the expansion from that Dell thread today along with it you could get them both for a little over $50. Not too bad...

With upcoming release of Steam on Mac, this becomes so intriguing with Steam Play. According to valve, I will be able to play this on my Mac because there is a Mac compatible version available.

May just purchase it, and sit on it until Steam on Mac is release.

I need something to run on my MacBook Pro, plus I've read the game plays better on PC/Mac as opposed to console.

[quote name='Todd33']A while back I got it through EA (DD) for $26 with ME1.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I saw this but passed on it because I've always been wary of the EA online store. Aren't there limited downloads and stuff?

been camping this game out for a while

i got it for the ps3 but i hated the choppy graphics and controls

goign to go in on the delux edition which has everything but 1 dlc that came out a few days ago i think.

of course i still got ff13 to play but im sure i wont se this game that cheap anytime soon again hehe.

[quote name='Fan_of_a_G-Man']Thanks for the info. I saw this but passed on it because I've always been wary of the EA online store. Aren't there limited downloads and stuff?[/QUOTE]

Yea my understanding is in a few years you can forget about ever downloading it again.

Fantastic game. And while the price isn't the best price ever, it's still a great value for the sheer depth and quality of the game. That's just me though.

But I'm inclined to agree with many of you and wait for the eventual GotY edition that'll have all the DLC and the Awakening expansion included. I'm sure I'll be able to sell my retail copy for at least $10 by then and replace it with a steam GotY version.

[quote name='Muitabui']ditto on that one right there
too much in the backlog anyways[/QUOTE]

Same. I'd pay full price for a great long RPG but I have no interest in paying an additional $50-$100 for all the extras.

[quote name='ivanctorres']With upcoming release of Steam on Mac, this becomes so intriguing with Steam Play. According to valve, I will be able to play this on my Mac because there is a Mac compatible version available.

I need something to run on my MacBook Pro, plus I've read the game plays better on PC/Mac as opposed to console.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on that. from what I thought I read - it was just for Valve's own games? I know there's a DAO available for Mac but that probably uses EA's cider wrapper for the port..

Not really a good price - it was at least $5 cheaper almost everywhere around Thanksgiving/Christmas time. I suppose it's decent if you didn't pick it up then though.

I really want to jump on this, but I can't help but feel it will be cheaper come the fall/winter sales on Steam. I already have a huge backlog on Steam as it is. Don't want to make it any worse.

[quote name='ivanctorres']With upcoming release of Steam on Mac, this becomes so intriguing with Steam Play. According to valve, I will be able to play this on my Mac because there is a Mac compatible version available.

I need something to run on my MacBook Pro, plus I've read the game plays better on PC/Mac as opposed to console.[/QUOTE]

I would advise against it, since they often keep their mac and PC versions as separate products. (or maybe that was D2D?)

bread's done
Back