GoGamer Madness 3/17

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]331[/img-r]GoGamer offers up another Madness sale featuring a bunch of console and PC deals, including:

:360::ps3: DJ Hero $69.90
:wii: DJ Hero Renegade Edition $109.90
:360: Record of Agarest War LE $49.99
:360: Rise of the Argonauts (I) $9.90
:ps3: Band Hero $19.90
:pc: Just Cause 2 $33.90
:pc: Mass Effect 2 $29.90

gogamer.gif
GoGamer.com Madness

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get Beatles Rock Band brand new at Old Navy for $25, I believe.

EDIT: n/m, these are brand new too ... the "game only" part messed me up, so I thought they were used games.

[quote name='yokofox33']Not gonna lie. Record of Agarest War is tempting at 50 bucks. I'm going to force myself to resist though.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if I can though haha...:whee:

Damn.

I wanted Agarest...but I didn't want to pay for it. So, I got Amazon credit from Trainn (YF360) to purchase it from Amazon. But this way, I'd save $10. Hmm....

Is there a non-LE version of Agarest? I don't need nor want posters or mouse pads and the like. This will be a clandestine, alone on the weekend game >.>

[quote name='BShea']DJ Hero is getting dangerously close to my "buy" price of $60.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed this for $39 from hastings.com used a month ago. If you can get it for $60 I say go for it. Fun game and for $60 it's a steal.

The controller is wireless and pretty compact and the songs are pretty cool to listen to while you play.

Kevin

Isn't there a "free shipping on orders over $25" code floating around somewhere? I think that's gonna be the deciding factor on whether I finally pull the trigger on DJ Hero or not.

[quote name='kevgret']I grabbed this for $39 from hastings.com used a month ago. If you can get it for $60 I say go for it. Fun game and for $60 it's a steal.

The controller is wireless and pretty compact and the songs are pretty cool to listen to while you play.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Activision hasn't supported the game with "tons" (from an Activision standpoint) of DLC however.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Activision hasn't supported the game with "tons" (from an Activision standpoint) of DLC however.[/QUOTE]

The game has 93 songs included. There has been 2 DLC packs released and one of them releases today.

Playing all 93 songs on the various difficulties will take some time..

Kevin

[quote name='trq']Isn't there a "free shipping on orders over $25" code floating around somewhere? I think that's gonna be the deciding factor on whether I finally pull the trigger on DJ Hero or not.[/QUOTE]
I think it was "shipfree25" but I tried it last night and it said it was expired. :(

This just confirms that I should never buy a Bioware game at full price ever again. I feel completely hosed paying $60 for the Digital CE when the boxed regular edition is now 50% cheaper.

[quote name='mxpowar']I think it was "shipfree25" but I tried it last night and it said it was expired. :([/QUOTE]

Rats! Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks.

[quote name='Ryukahn']This just confirms that I should never buy a Bioware game at full price ever again. I feel completely hosed paying $60 for the Digital CE when the boxed regular edition is now 50% cheaper.[/QUOTE]

That's more "PC games" than "Bioware games" in my experience. They're ten bucks cheaper right off the bat, and they drop in price way faster as a rule. You'll note the 360/PS3 versions are still at least $40. And, as you said, you're comparing CE vs. RE.

I just snagged Record of Agarest War LE, and I'll be playing it with my wife. Well not at the same time since there is no multiplayer, but we'll both be playing it. She's a sucker for anime stuff, especially the naughty kind. I can't wait to show her the stuff it comes with. Fun times! :D And yes, I probably am the luckiest man on Earth. ;)

Gotta love how their email states that the PC version of Street Fighter 4 bundle with the controller was $19.99 but when I clicked on the like the minute I got the email, it was already sold out. Go go false advertising!!!

i've been wanting dragon age origins, is it worth it at that price, and should i get it for pc or xbox?

[quote name='jab1235']i've been wanting dragon age origins, is it worth it at that price, and should i get it for pc or xbox?[/QUOTE]
According to reviews for DA: Origins, PC > PS3 > 360.

$13.90
PlayNC Game Time Card - 30 Day for PC
Overview - Get in some serious playing time with your favorite titles using this prepaid game time card. It supports spectacular titles, such as City of Heroes, City of Villains, Lineage, Lineage II: The Chaotic Throne and Auto Assault, granting you hours of action-packed participation in the games you can't get enough of.

(I'm using mine to play Auto Assault!)

Shipping and tax kills the deal for Record of Agarest War Limited Edition:

$49.90 + $2.99 tax + $4.37 CA sales tax = $57.26

I pre-ordered it for $59.99 at Amazon with free shipping (in fact I'm a Prime member) and no tax.

It's $2.75 cheaper at Go Gamer...should I be a real cheap ass and cancel my Amazon order?

I can't believe no one has mentioned Just Cause 2 at $33.90, that's a good deal for a game that isn't even out yet. I highly recommend the demo on Steam... it's pure fun and became an instant preorder on Amazon.

[quote name='bigsick']is Rise of the Argonauts worth it for 10?[/QUOTE]

It's unpolished in spots, but I thought it was surprisingly good for $12.99. I would have paid $29.99 or more and felt content.

[quote name='jab1235']i've been wanting dragon age origins, is it worth it at that price, and should i get it for pc or xbox?[/QUOTE]

A quick note, the "Dragon Age" in the 48 Hours Madness is not the full game, but Dragon Age: Awakenings, the expansion pack. If you haven't played Origins yet you shouldn't get Awakenings. Origins is $42 on GoGamer, which is not a good price if you're looking for PC version (which you should be, if you can run it), because its currently $33 on Steam.

[quote name='bigsick']is Rise of the Argonauts worth it for 10?[/QUOTE]

That's what I paid for it a few months ago and was not disappointed. Has a sort of Bioware feel to the storytelling and the action is pretty fun.

[quote name='Garfield']Shipping and tax kills the deal for Record of Agarest War Limited Edition:

$49.90 + $2.99 tax + $4.37 CA sales tax = $57.26

I pre-ordered it for $59.99 at Amazon with free shipping (in fact I'm a Prime member) and no tax.

It's $2.75 cheaper at Go Gamer...should I be a real cheap ass and cancel my Amazon order?[/QUOTE]

I think there's a good chance it will drop at least a couple of bucks on Amazon before release.

[quote name='Garfield']Shipping and tax kills the deal for Record of Agarest War Limited Edition:

$49.90 + $2.99 tax + $4.37 CA sales tax = $57.26[/QUOTE]

I agree. Luckily, not all of us live in California, so we get to skip the tax. However, you have the last laugh in the end because I have to pay tax on my Amazon purchases. That's really painful. There's always Buy.com at least.

[quote name='bojay1997']I think there's a good chance it will drop at least a couple of bucks on Amazon before release.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them and they told me to go stick it somewhere (on the pre-order). We'll see what happens.

On the other end, Rise of the Argonauts is the IMPORT, fyi

bread's done
Back