Final Fantasy 10 (PS2)

SS4Brolly

CAGiversary!
182336.gif

The first Final Fantasy for PS2, and one of the top selling games for the system. Now a Greatest Hit, did it live up to the hype, or was it a waste of your time?

I personally loved it. Its so far the only console game that I have gotten triple digit hours on. The combat system was great, but I didnt really use the substitution later on. And well, Lulu and Kimahri have less than 500 HP when Titus is packing over 20K. The Breakdamage limit really added extra gameplay. Overall, a great game, but still not as good as FF7.

10/10

Decent game. One of the few games with realistic water. I can't compare this to other FF games because this is the only one that uses the true turn-based battle system (I'm not at all familiar with FF 1-6), but I certainly enjoyed it. It can get a bit linear at times, however, so I give it 8/10.

I just started playing it, so far I think is pretty good. For same reason I've never been a fan of Final Fantasy, but I have played games like Lunar, Phantasy Star and Suikoden(this last one kicks @ss).

[quote name='goosedude']Good....but was it better than FF VII or FF VI (FF III on SNES)??......sorry.....nope.[/quote]

Final Fantasy III was my favorite of them all. I loved how the world changed.

I enjoyed it very much, then again, there really hasn't been a FF that I haven't cared for (this being my 5th FF). It had a decent story and the graphics were awesome as always. Not as good as IV but still a goodie. If Tidus wasn't such a whiney bitch it would be among the better ffs'.

From what I've played it is pretty good. The characters seemed pretty cool and it looked like it had alot of depth. But then again thats just from playing a little while...

I liked it. The graphics were fantastic. A couple things though: First off, I thought it was kinda easy, or at least the easiest FF I've played. The second, I thought Tidus was way too whiney. Of course, plenty of other FF characters were just as whiney, but there was something about him that just irked me. Maybe it was the look or the voice, I dunno. Those aside, I liked the game. I thought the sphere grid was interesting. It took some getting used to, but once you did, it was pretty easy to figure out. And I thought Auron was badass :lol: . OK, there's my 3.4 cents.

I'm not a big RPG fan, but Chrono Cross was fantastic and has been the only RPG I have really enjoyed. Do you guys recommend FFX based on my history, and is it worth the $15 for me to get at Circuit City right now?

most engrossing FF story ive played. most engrossing story of any video game ive played. amazing graphics. fantastic dialougue. loved the ability to switch your party in and out during battle. and anyone who says this game was easy obviously didnt take the time to get all the ultimate weapons or visit the monster ranch after capturing everything.
i think the fact that it was the first final fantasy to spawn a sequel says it all.

i thought the story was pretty touching. The deal with Tidus and Jecht was a pretty good touched on relationship.

I liked how the game touched on alot of human emotions, and how the bad guy had a side that was touching that you could actually believe, rather then being something stupid and outrite pitiful.

I like'd the battle system alot. I liked the voice acting.

The only thing i didnt like was how the charactor models looked so much different between the gameplay and the CG.

I still havent finished it. Xenosaga sort of snatched my attention...I havent finisned that either though... T_T;

Cool games though, FF10 was good enough for me to be curious about FF10-2

I haven't enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since 3(VI). FF9 was close but still nowhere near the perfection that was 3. I tried playing X and lost interest about 10 hours into it.

I don't know how you can compare any of the Final fantasy games. In my opinion 1-11 are the best as well as tactics. For the time they came out all the final fantasy's were awesome (and still are for that matter). Although I would say my favorite is 3.

I'm about 12 hours in, we just got to the Djose Temple. I've played VII, VIII, IX, and a couple of the ones on the NES [can't remember which ones, it was a long time ago.]
I really like it so far. It is very linear, as in, I haven't found much 'wander around until you find out where to go next', which I actually like. It is a BEAUTIFUL game, and some of the monsters/fiends are really cool/disgusting looking. [Of course, I also just got a PS2, and I've actually been visually impressed by almost every game I've tried.]
It does seem to be pretty easy--I haven't died yet, nor come very close [although that was due in part to some fortuitous timing re: my characters' special attacks.] And again, I'm only a little ways in.
I'm not a huge fan of Blitzball, but i think I like this minigame better than the card game in VIII. [mainly because I sucked at that game.]
I like the characters--they have a lot of personality. I don't have to *like* their personalities, but they do have it. I notice that the dubbing is way off on some of the spoken parts, and Wakka's voice kind of bugs me, but I've gotten used to it.
It's an interesting switch--no more experience points or Levels, just choose your own abilities/skills/stats based on the weapons/armor you equip and Sphere Grid. Even that, however, is pretty linear, so far [admittedly, I don't have a whole lot of it uncovered.]
I like the sci-fi tinges to the story also.
It changes enough of the FF elements to be unique on its own, but there's enough similarity so it's not a totally different game.

A hard FF for me to grade. I did not like the 2 main characters, but I thought the supporting cast was superb and far more interesting. The graphics were very good and the sound was average. The story was average fare as well, I did not really get into the whole *spoilers* Jecht as Sin stuff but other parts were entertaining.

The Sphere Grid rocked IMO and really made the game a blast for me. I would say it is tied with the Job System as my favorite method of gaining skills.

All of my ratings are comparing them to other games in the FF series, not against all RPGs in general.

Overall, I give it an 8.5

However, I am getting really tired of the teen angst type storylines and half clothed characters. It makes the game a bit embarassing to play. And it looks like FFXII is going to be treading down that same path unfortuantely. I may have to miss it.

My two cents: (hopefully sum one else is grabbin em from the same piggy banK)

FFX was a mess.
Graphically amazing and the story was touching and surprising.
Battle system was total trash...I can't believe they didn't have standard levels that you could go up.
Sphere Grid? Good. Materia? Better.
Tidus was waay to annoying as a main character.
Yuna was ugly compared to Garnet, Rinoa, Tifa, etc.
Horribly weak start for a Final Fantasy....took forever to get interesting.

A decent effort: but that's not saying much considering RPGs have been dead for the most part in the post-PS1 greatness of Squaresoft. I honestly like FFX-2 a lot more than I did FFX...much more interesting gameplay and it builds on a fascinating story.

I thought this game was great....a little slow in the beginning but it reallly picks up in the end. *sniff sniff*

I can't wait for a cheap ass deal for FFX-2!

I've beaten the game, and I must say it's gotta be one of the best ones in the series. It excels in graphics, but the story doesn't really stand out IMO. However, I still enjoyed it very much. I give it a score of 9.5/10.

I enjoyed what I've played of it so far. I still have to go back and complete it, but I think it's a good game.

GREAT game. iloved every thing but the sphere grid because it over simplified the leveling up prosses. all u guys that play he game into the triple digits try playing the game twice instead a lot more fun that way

the game was ok to me being my first rpg i have ever played but when you saw the blitzball stadium fill up for the first time i was amazed and it changed my whole look.

The graphics sucked! It was all 3d and such ;) Graphics mean nil to me. If it looks to good to be true it probably is.

I do like FFX, but it can get pretty darn cheezy at times. The dialogue and responses from the characters made me turn away and blow chunks a few times. The cheeze aside it was a great, elegently, well thought out, and different in many ways. I liked it fun factor and entertainment wise.

My Favorite Final Fantasy is IX. Zidane and Steiner are sooooo cool. Steiner could kick tidus's wimpy teenage ass anyday.

I started playing a year ago and never finished. I pulled it out two months ago, got really far, and.....NEVER FINISHED! Jeez, whats wrong with me?!

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I started playing a year ago and never finished. I pulled it out two months ago, got really far, and.....NEVER FINISHED! Jeez, whats wrong with me?![/quote]

lol, same here. i got to the part where you play your first real blitzball game (i lost :() and stopped there. that was like 4 months ago and i haven't touched it since. that reminds me... i should start it up again :)

Yes it lived up to the hype, it is a great game and will remain that way for a long time, eventually I think people will consider it what we consider FF7 now.

Great game. But overrated. Yuna and Tidus' VA's ruined much of the game for me. Most of the game was made too easy because of the sphere grid, and IMO the sphere grid just sucks. It was a great improvement over FFIX though.

*waits to see what FFXII is like*

I guess I'm one of the few posting who really did not like this game. The graphics were beautiful, which is the most positive thing I can say about it. The story was cliche and the main villian was...a giant whale looking thing. Oh please. How lame.

7/10

I liked the sphere grid at first, but later on, it seemed to be alternately too big and too limiting/linear.
Story I didn't mind. I too was somewhat underwhelmed by the actual embodiment of Sin, although he did do some cool damage sometimes.
The voice acting might not have been very professional, but I liked Yuna and Tidus--they seemed very realistic, with a defined personality. Wakka's voice bugged me, but Auron kicked butt.
Yuna wasn't unattractive, but both her and Tidus's faces had more of a traditional Japanese tinge to them, which can take some getting used to.

I'm about 6 hours into FFX-2, and while it's certainly 'lighter' and somewhat 'frilly', I like it so far. I like having only three characters to use, than having to swap out 7. I LOVE the ability-purchase/dressphere/job thing [got me in the mood to play FFT again]. I like the voice acting, although Paine's dry-wit type voice grates if she says too much. I like her detached, distanced attitude, but her voice acting is too monotonous so far. And of course the costumes are attractive and just revealing enough, although I'm not sure what to think about the Sailor Moon-type transformation. I wish that, like on FFVIII I think, you could hit 'Select' and have all the on-screen menus disappear to watch the transformation full-screen. Also, it's such a nice game to watch, I wish it was true turn based, instead of the ATB. But small complaints, imho. I also like the mission based, somewhat-linear, 'chapter' type gameplay.

I'm very wierd with RPG's and get bored with most that're supposed to be the best around. But FFX and a few others keep me playing, so I give FFX a 10 out of 10.

bread's done
Back