Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous - New PS3 Greatest Hits

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous. I have the scanned copy so i can show proof but also Resistance 2 is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really any surprises there. You should probably make your title a little more descriptive. Also I'm assuming this is the non-GOTY LBP?

Nice, finally.

Resistance 2's msrp is still $60....a game that launched at the same time as Gears 2. Wtf Sony.

[quote name='EarthKing']Please don't tell me that they will come in those red boxes....Can I see a link or something (just interested)?[/QUOTE]
They will, but it gives you reason to stalk the MSRP drop. The old copies in stores will remain there at the lower price point.

[quote name='EarthKing']Please don't tell me that they will come in those red boxes....Can I see a link or something (just interested)?[/QUOTE]

Um, usually Greatest Hits implies red boxes so why wouldn't they? If you want one without it's best to get it as soon as they're announced as a GH title. I'm sure the OP has some sort of internal list at where he's working.

This might have an impact on the Amazon GB coming up. List the soon to be announced GH games at the GH price and sell a crap load because people think they are getting an amazing deal, but then 2 days later it's that price everywhere.

Wasn't the original LBP already a greatest hit title? So is this for the GOTY edition? Isn't that still up there in price? Definitely cool to hear inFAMOUS is getting it, I need that game.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Wasn't the original LBP already a greatest hit title? So is this for the GOTY edition? Isn't that still up there in price? Definitely cool to hear inFAMOUS is getting it, I need that game.[/QUOTE]

Nope the original isn't a GH yet.

I already have those... :cry:

I've yet to get a single greatest hit title for the PS3. (it seems like I already buy/beat every game that ends up becoming a greatest hits) It's a great deal for those without such a massive :ps3: collection.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I already have those... I've yet to get a single greatest hit title for the PS3. (it seems like I already buy/beat every game that ends up becoming a greatest hits)[/QUOTE]

Well the odds are more people have played those titles which is why they made GH status :)

[quote name='Buuhan1']Wasn't the original LBP already a greatest hit title? So is this for the GOTY edition? Isn't that still up there in price? Definitely cool to hear inFAMOUS is getting it, I need that game.[/QUOTE]

Hey I know you!

is there a date for when tis will be taking effect? Just got a ps3 & would love having those 3 titles for under $100.

[quote name='dapunisure']is there a date for when tis will be taking effect? Just got a ps3 & would love having those 3 titles for under $100.[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice to get a timeframe as well, I just got my gf a PS3 and if I just gotta let her borrow my LBP until this price drop, it'd be a good temp solution.

Yes, It will be red boxes but if you buy them as soon as they drop, they will still have the black label copies in stores.

Heavenly Sword already has over 1 million in sales worldwide, so I don't see the issue other than what someone said about Sony investing heavily and wanting to recoup some of it's money back before making it a GH title.

Also I've seen RE5 (regular edition) with the red label box somewhere online (at BestBuy.com I think or someplace) so you can count on seeing that sometime as well.

So people really get worked up over the box color? That honestly puzzles me. I always figured it was a joke when people were willing to pay significantly more for the "black label" version of something.

[quote name='evilsuperman33']We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see the link that shows the 3 titles you're saying?

[quote name='mgsvr']Where did you see the link that shows the 3 titles you're saying?[/QUOTE]

He works at Wal-mart. I'm sure he's looking at a list on the computer, or on some print-out. No need to really doubt this. The titles are the most obvious GH candidates

[quote name='kurrptsenate']more of a collectors thing

not like you couldnt get an extra clear case and swap it[/QUOTE]

An extra clear case AND an extra non-GH disc.

It bothers me more when they don't match (e.g. normal case and GH disc).

Is LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year edition going to be GH?

Smart move by Sony since we all know Killzone 3 and inFamous 2 is coming soon. LBP will help push casuals to come over more.

They need to add Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Resistance 2 on the list.

[quote name='Zippon']So people really get worked up over the box color? That honestly puzzles me. I always figured it was a joke when people were willing to pay significantly more for the "black label" version of something.[/QUOTE]

Don't ask for an explanation, it really won't make any more sense.

[quote name='Virsago']They need to make Heavenly Sword a GH, so it can drop below $20.
It's 36.99 at amazon now, it needs to go way lower.[/QUOTE]

Hit a couple walmarts. It is on a universal price drop at walmart right now for 20 bucks. If it still says 60 on the case then have them scan it. I got it for 20 bucks a couple weeks ago and they still had like 15 left.

[quote name='Zippon']So people really get worked up over the box color? That honestly puzzles me. I always figured it was a joke when people were willing to pay significantly more for the "black label" version of something.[/QUOTE]

For me it's the aesthetic of it all. One ugly ass red case in the middle of 30 other clear cases looks tacky imo. If they didn't have the ugly red case then I would be more likely to get the greatest hits

I second adding Pacific Rift and Resistance 2 to the GH catalog. Anyways, Thanks OP, I usually only buy GH titles and this is great news for me. Sometimes GH titles come with extra content as well.

[quote name='Virsago']They need to make Heavenly Sword a GH, so it can drop below $20.
It's 36.99 at amazon now, it needs to go way lower.[/QUOTE]

20 bucks at walmart

I could see it for some other "greatest hits" releases that have truly hideous boxes (like the Japanese variant with the tiny picture and yellow border, or to a lesser extent the green boxes for PSX games), but I think the red Bluray cases look kind of cool. Too bad I'll probably never own any since, as several other people have already posted, I seems that everything I'm interested in playing I have already bought or played by the time they go Greatest Hits.

[quote name='dmdragon']Hit a couple walmarts. It is on a universal price drop at walmart right now for 20 bucks. If it still says 60 on the case then have them scan it. I got it for 20 bucks a couple weeks ago and they still had like 15 left.[/QUOTE]

I just bought a PS3 and didn't know about this, thanks for the heads up. Ran to Wal-Mart and picked one up.

If anyone needs a copy in Orange County, there were still some left in the case at the Foothill Ranch location.

Whats really sweet about this is we will start seeing these games for under $20 regulary on sale, on peoples trade lists and at sites like amazon!

I already hate the 360 platinum hits cases, and with the PS3 red ugly boxes its just terrible for my collection, good thing I already got these games.

Just be glad it doesn't look like this:

701866-rfomplat_super.jpg

[quote name='hqn101']I already hate the 360 platinum hits cases, and with the PS3 red ugly boxes its just terrible for my collection, good thing I already got these games.[/QUOTE]

They are indeed horrible, however that does not mean your stuck buying them when they come around. Honestly its usually intially still far easier to find a non GH copy then GH copy on the used market. Its not till years later that GH becomes the minority and costs you more.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just be glad it doesn't look like this:

701866-rfomplat_super.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This makes me think that bananas or mustart are involved. :lol:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Nope the original isn't a GH yet.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make much sense. Didn't Sony stop producing the original LPB upon the GOTY edition's release?

bread's done
Back