Deadly Premonition for Xbox 360

diablo343

CAG Veteran
I deleted this review because it was flawed and not helpful to the people who replied.

Last edited by a moderator:
The survival-horror genre.

"Only buy if you're a fan-boy." is one of the grades in my ranking system. The complete ranking system list can be seen on the right-hand side-bar on my blog, which is in my signature.

It would be good to add the above in your post. Not only that it still doesnt clarify exactly what it means. I assume/assumed it means/meant if your a "fanboy"(very vague term) of the genre. I am very sure my fanboy and your fanboy will have to different defintions/meanings. Then you give it **1/2. Now i Know this means 2.5 stars (im pretty good huh) I am going to assume this is out of 5. Your ranking system really gives alot to be desired. I like what you do but i am more confused about the game now then before i read your review. In a nice way your review didnt help me purchase or not purchase the game.

[quote name='diablo343']The survival-horror genre.

"Only buy if you're a fan-boy." is one of the grades in my ranking system. The complete ranking system list can be seen on the right-hand side-bar on my blog, which is in my signature.[/QUOTE]

Ditto what nddave said. In addition even if you say 'Only a genre-fan boy would enjoy it'...why? Just because it's a survival horror game? Deadly Premonition is pretty different from other survival horror games, and I can't tell from your review why someone who likes survival horror would also like Deadly Premonition. You can be a Leisure Suit Larry fanboy and still hate Box Office Bust to death.

Here's some other unasked for advice as well:

When interacting with objects the game slows down. Do you mean slow dows down as in a framerate drop or slows down as in there is less action? I've played the game so I image you mean the fact that the game actually pauses when you pick up something instead of just adding it to your inventory. The game looks like a last gen game how? Is it the muddy flat textures, graphical pop-in, lack of anti-aliasing, etc? How is the camera annoying in third person? These are just statements with nothing to support them within the review.

I'm also surprised that you reviewed the game with nearly no mention of the awesome dialog or what you enjoyed about the story.

Just suggestions.

Nothing to be sorry about. I'm not trying to hate on the review, I'm just trying to offer suggestions on ways you can make what your saying more clear to the person reading. If you're happy with your style don't change a thing.

Hey dont take all this so hard it is not a flame event. This will all make you a better reviewer/writter. You obviously have the passion and i admire that. I look foward to reading more of your reviews honestly. From Mi also lower southwest.

Oh, I'm just a little aggravated right now. I had been writing for two different sites but one of them stopped covering video games and the other one wouldn't respond to my emails so I just sorta stopped writing.

I don't know when or if I will start reviewing stuff again. It seems like a lot of work for very little reward, since hardly anyone sees them anyways.

bread's done
Back