Buy an Xbox 360 Elite (Lego Batman/Pure) get a $50 gift card, $25 for Arcade

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could get this, but I just don't have a valid reason (and the money) to buy a 360 since my sister already owns one and 95% of the games I want to play, I have on the PC anyway. BUT I STILL WANT IT. C'est la vie!

Thanks OP, I was wondering when/if Amazon would price match BB. Walmart had a similar deal last week too (with the Fall 09 bundle) but it seems to be gone now. These retailers have had deals like this several times recently it seems like, so maybe another will pop up when it's a better time for me, financially.

I actually just called amazon and they gave me a $50 credit, rather than me buying a new one and returning the old one. :) Go Amazon!

Yeah, the 360 Slim is probably going to be coming out soon. I would guess that it'll have a blu-ray player in it.

I'm tempted but with the rumours of a slim 360 I think I need to resist as I would kick myself if I could have waited for the new version with possible more features for the same price. I already have a PS3, Wii and laptop capable of playing most games at medium high settings so I shouldn't be in a hurry, though this is a tempting deal.

[quote name='3rdbass']I'm tempted but with the rumours of a slim 360 I think I need to resist as I would kick myself if I could have waited for the new version with possible more features for the same price. I already have a PS3, Wii and laptop capable of playing most games at medium high settings so I shouldn't be in a hurry, though this is a tempting deal.[/QUOTE]

99% certain there's actually going to be less features in the slim. There's definitely no Wi-Fi, and no memory card slot. So even though it sounds tempting, this is an even better deal than without the GC.

Plus if you don't care for the games it looks like they're fetching around 35-40 on eBay as a combo.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']99% certain there's actually going to be less features in the slim. There's definitely no Wi-Fi, and no memory card slot. So even though it sounds tempting, this is an even better deal than without the GC.

Plus if you don't care for the games it looks like they're fetching around 35-40 on eBay as a combo.[/QUOTE]

Well don't care for memory card slots but I haven't seen anything definitive about it not having wi-fi. I'm sure they might add that as both the PS3 and the Wii have it. Now it could also be a better built machine as I hear even the new Jaspers have issues even though not as bad as the earlier versions. Definitely a good reason to wait to get a more reliable system even if they don't add any new features. Plus, natal might be free or a reduced price bundled with the new slim.

[quote name='Smef']I actually just called amazon and they gave me a $50 credit, rather than me buying a new one and returning the old one. :) Go Amazon!
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

That was pretty cool of them for sure.

[quote name='Smef']I actually just called amazon and they gave me a $50 credit, rather than me buying a new one and returning the old one. :) Go Amazon!

Yeah, the 360 Slim is probably going to be coming out soon. I would guess that it'll have a blu-ray player in it.[/QUOTE]

Same, as soon as I saw this go up I emailed them and they credited me back $50. Thanks again Amazon :applause:

I'm glad I picked this up earlier, as it is already temporarily out of stock. Glad to have my order already shipped than possibly having to wait.

Also nice that I got this free :D Just got $300 in Amazon credit from thebotnet gpt site today, so this deal came at a perfect time. Not a penny out of my pocket, and I still have $50 left over in credit. Maybe the b2g1 Platinum games would be worth it...

[quote name='Gfresh404']In for one. Thanks OP!

And I don't really think the 360 slim will be all that much better.[/QUOTE]
If it doesn't sound like a jet fan, it can kick me in the balls daily for all I'd care.

Just got denied from Amazon:

Hello,

I've checked your order and see that it was placed on March 18, 2010 and got delivered to you on March 19, 2010.

I've researched this promotion, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, the offer is valid only if you place the orders between March 22, 2010 and March 27, 2010, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

The restrictions for this promotion are on our website here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1253034042&pf_rd_i=B002I0J8ZS

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, but the details for specific promotions are available on our website.

I also see that this Video game is 'Temporarily out of stock". When an item is listed as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available," this means the item isn't ordered frequently. We can't predict exactly how long it'll take to obtain it or when we'll be able to ship it. If you place an order, we'll do our best to get the item for you, and we'll e-mail you as soon as we have more information from our suppliers.

If it takes too long for us to find stock, you can cancel the order anytime before it enters the shipping process, and you won't be charged.

If you wish you to return the video game, more information about returning purchases to Amazon.com can be found on our Help pages at:

http://www.amazon.com/help/returns

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

--------------------------

I emailed them again. This is garbage.

Lol. Just got shot down again.

Third times the charm?

They finally came through on the third try. Giving me $50 back to my credit card.

Awesome.

I need a bigger HDD, but other than possibly Alan Wake, I don't think I'll be getting any new 360 games until at least the fall. I'd rather wait and see if the rumors are true. It's hard to resist, though.

P.S. I caved.

I'm sorry to hear that you were denied, n00bie. I spoke to them on the phone, so that may have helped my case. I said to them that "I could return the one you sent me and then buy a new one from you, but the only person that is going to benefit is UPS who will get to ship these systems around for the both of us."

Another issue may be that the item is out of stock now, and often sales like this are while supplies last. It may have been easier to get the deal while it was still in stock.

[quote name='n00bie']Lol. Just got shot down again.

Third times the charm?

They finally came through on the third try. Giving me $50 back to my credit card.

Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I called and it was a woman that denied the $50 credit.

I then decided to email just to try and another rep answered with the $50 credit back.

Nice good to hear people are getting credit back on the recently ordered ones. Even though you shouldn't have to try for it multiple times.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice good to hear people are getting credit back on the recently ordered ones. Even though you shouldn't have to try for it multiple times.[/QUOTE]

Just be happy amazon.com is honoring it in the first place. Online retailers know you would have to jump through hops to return stuff so they aren't as inclined to help you in situations like this.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']If it doesn't sound like a jet fan, it can kick me in the balls daily for all I'd care.[/QUOTE]

^ This is why I'll wait for the slim, too. RROD's and loud 360's with constant warranty return service across multiple 360's in multiple rooms have dulled me to the wonder of the current 360. I'm hoping a redesign will mean they actually did some Q&A this time around.

[quote name='lito88']Anyones shipped out yet?[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped. I still have the 3 month Amazon Prime for a few more day so I'll get it tomorrow.

If the slim ever gets released, I'd just sell this and get it. Not a big deal.

But $250 for an elite 120gb hdd, Forza 3, and ODST?

Too good to pass up.

bread's done
Back