CAGcast Episode 200- Need Clips!

shaxster

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi everyone,
Following CheapyDs request for a CAG to make a clip show for episode 200, I am going to make a clip show podcast. However, I need your help. I want you all to tell me what your favourite moments from the last 100 episodes were, so I can gather a list of clips to include. Please tell me what your favourite clips are in this format so I can easily find them:

Episode#, Time reference(mins,secs), rough title of clip.

If you do not post like this, I will ignore your submission. If you can, please cut the sound file and PM me it, so I don't have to go through the process of finding the clip and cutting it, but this is not necessary. This will help me to collect your information and I will then cut the clips and compile them in one long audio file. Cheapy, please tell me how you would like this file sent to you and in what format. I will leave this thread open for three weeks before no more submissions will be accepted. Thanks everyone, and I hope we can make this 200th episode a good one!

I've actually already started putting together a huge clip list that I was going to send to Cheapy for editing, but since you have offered to do it, I will send it to you. PM your email and what file type you would like me to save the spreadsheet as.

So far, I'm up to CAGcast #111 ... such a pain in the ass, but finding those laugh-out-loud moments will be well worth it for all CAGs.

GentleGamer, thanks and please post the list here as shown above. Apathylad, if you can get any clips from episodes 150-present please post them here, every clip counts.

[quote name='shaxster']What sound effect do you guys think I should use to separate the clips?[/QUOTE]

something videogame-ish. i think the joystiq guys used the mario coin sound bit. you could use that as well or something similar (e.g. mario mushroom sound, haduken sound, etc.)

Hey Shaxster, good on ya for fulfilling Cheapy's wish to have a 'clip-show' podcast. I would really like to contribute, but I think this needs to be a bit more organized. The problem is that everyone is just submitting times from random episodes. If we get a group who wants to do this, and then assign them chuncks of episodes (ie. You take ep. 1 - 25, you take ep. 25 - 50 etc.), then I think this would go a lot smoother.

Just something I was thinking about after reading this. If you hate the idea, then that's cool, lol. Tonight I'm going to begin listening to episode 1 and starting a list.

RchrdJ, I think thats a good idea and I'll go with you on this one. Swift900 has already sent me a list of clips from 100-113, and I think that he's going to listen up to 130 at least, so if you can listen to 150-175 and I'll listen to 131-149 and 176-pesent. Swift900, please can you email me another spreadsheet as I have got the audio from the last one already. Thanks.

Thanks for putting this together!

It might be best if you just send me the list because I can cut the clips from the master audio. It will sound significantly better than getting it from the MP3s.

Ok, I have already cut the audio from the first 13 episodes, maybe I'll send you the clips for those and then you can do the rest. I'll compile the list now into one definitive spreadsheet and email you it if you like. Tell me how you want to do this.

Just going to do a quick update. I'm just starting Episode 157. I've found that some 'casts have a lot of memorable moments, while others have only a few. I've read here that everyone is putting them in a spreadsheet. I don't know how that would be properly formatted so I'm putting them in a word document right now. Here's an example
CAGcast Episode 154

37:00 - 38:06: CAG search Wombat

1:32:25 - 1:34:38: Tortimer pedophile

1:48:54 - 1:50:18: Look like celebrities

CAGcast Episode 155

10:45 - 11:35: Poop on the floor

CAGcast Episode 156

1:55 - 2:43: Sand in the vaselene

9:02 - 10:40: Figure four leg-lock

15:39 - 17:28: Fish sandwhich

18:40 - 19:40: Like squeezing a burito

Shaxster or Cheapy, if you want these in a spreadsheet, could you please post an example of the formatting. Then I will transfer this over to a spread sheet.

Thank god the CAGcast is so entertaining. Listening to twenty five podcasts in a row, from the same people would be torture if it was any other gaming podcast.

Yeah, if you can send it to Cheapy, in the format-
First column Episode no.
Second Column Start Time/End Time
Third Column Brief Description

Which episode have you got up to? Because I will listen to the others. Same with you Swift.

@Shaxster I'm just starting 160. I've been flying through them the past few days and should have up to 175 done in no time. I also just sent Cheapy the spreadsheet for 150 -159.

Quick question, I PM'd Cheapy my first list and I'm just about ready to send my second, but from spending more time on the site I've discovered that it's better to email Cheapy. I will email my second list, but I don't know if my first one was received?

If you could post saying whether or not you received the list Cheapy, that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Bad news guys, I don't think I'm going to be able to listen from 175-Present. I can definitely do about 15 but no more. I'll do 175-190 and if someone else can do the rest that would be great. Also, has anyone done 139-150? Because maybe I'll do those instead of 175-190. Someone please tell me!

[quote name='shaxster']Bad news guys, I don't think I'm going to be able to listen from 175-Present. I can definitely do about 15 but no more. I'll do 175-190 and if someone else can do the rest that would be great. Also, has anyone done 139-150? Because maybe I'll do those instead of 175-190. Someone please tell me![/QUOTE]

I'm nearly done with 100-150.

There is one episode around the time when Ace Attorney came out and cheapy mentions how he doesn't like it that Phoenix Wright isn't in it, but he says it in such a sad/depressing voice that it shows he really was saddened by the fact, it was hilarious.

I need a break from the CAGcast. I've been attentively listening for the last 3 weeks and I need to listen to something else. If someone wants to take over, go ahead.

@Shaxster - Sorry for the delay. I'm at episode 180. I have a spreadsheet that covers 150 - 180. Post when everything is done and I'll send it to Cheapy. Do you think we have a chance of making episode 200?

Right now, I been re-listen to the CAG Cast. I'm jogging notes what might be interesting to add in a clip show. I half way done with episode 101-156 and some of the recent episodes. Although each individual show are very long, I got majority of them by multitasking. Every time I play a game, watch a movie or go to the internet I listen to CAG Cast.

OK. I will listen from 180-194, the rest don't need to be done because most people can still remember them. Richard, please email Cheapy your list now, and if you could start editing cheapy that would be great, I'll send you my list as soon as I'm done.

Hey Cheapy, what's your progress on clip show ? Right now, I'm editing my own piece and I'm halfway done. Here is a small sample I made on one of the common mentions on the CAGcast. It's incomplete since I have 50 episodes left. I have other themes as well, but I didn't fully edit them. Maybe you can give me some constructive criticism.

http://www.zshare.net/download/7660598551aec26e/

Good episode. Im pretty excited about getting some limit lessons up in the future. Ive been banking FTPs to get into stox for some limit stuff, but if theres content here I can buy a tshirt or something instead lol.

bread's done
Back