* * * - - 4 votes

The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

#5551 depascal22   Daddy Fat Sacks CAGiversary!   10195 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

You'll have to excuse them while they circle jerk.

#5552 granturismo  

granturismo

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

What the hell are you guys talking about?

I speak several languages. If you struggle with English, which language would you prefer to converse in?:)

#5553 willardhaven   Thief of Life CAGiversary!   7087 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

willardhaven

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

My guess is that English isn't your first.

Rhetoric aside, the Republican party has worked pretty hard to make itself all of the things you listed. Obama is pretty Republican policy-wise, he simply lacks the veneer of ignorance/sadism of the mainstream Republicans.

#5554 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6860 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Indeed it is a stretch. Liberals cannot escape the comfort zone of mockery, sarcasm, and general labels of 'mental' 'backward' 'stupid' 'racist' 'bigot' mantra. Feminism is seen as a modern thing so embraced, however obnoxious those flying the flag often seem.

Exactly. It's also the most hilarious hypocrisy. Championing independence all the while casting the government as daddy. My mother - a conservative and provider of 4 boys whilst not bitching or asking for shit is more independent and stronger than those cry-babies will ever be. So frail.

Posted Image

#5555 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

The barely legal little fop is acting awfully tough. Must have his big boy pants on today.

#5556 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Conservatives care about education, really they do.

#5557 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

So 4 parents that didn't like issues that are being discussed voiced their opinion and because it goes against your viewpoint suddenly a giant chunk of the population doesn't care about education? People should just stay silent and never voice their opinion, completely agree :roll:

#5558 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

It's in the long line of revisionist history that comes from Conservatives.

Tossing out evolution
Including creationism (or "intelligent design") as an equally compelling scientific theory in classes
Removing contraceptive discussion from sex ed courses

See also, my personal favorite, "The War of Northern Aggression." :lol:

#5559 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

I actually remember a teacher using "The War of Northern Aggression" once in school. We're a bunch or sore losers in this part of the country.

#5560 UncleBob  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

We've noticed.

#5561 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

How dare we treat people of color with respect and not as slaves, how dare the gov't take a aggressive stance against SLAVERY.... LOL at Northern Aggression, seriously.

According to history the South started the War by committing a "terrorist" act. But of course they won't call it that, as they want to be called "independence" fighters. And yet no history book would have called it a terrorist act when it basically is one.

This is the same group of people who approve our wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and possibly Iran, and have no idea why the M.E. is so mad at us?

#5562 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

This is the same group of people who...have no idea

pretty much, yeah.

#5563 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

You'll all have to excuse me, but when Limbaugh dies, I won't be shedding any tears.

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

http://www.rushlimba...lize_pedophilia

Just reading that shit makes me sick.

#5564 dilemna   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

You'll all have to excuse me, but when Limbaugh dies, I won't be shedding any tears.

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

http://www.rushlimba...lize_pedophilia

Just reading that shit makes me sick.

What in particular makes you sick? Show some quotes

#5565 dilemna   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

How dare we treat people of color with respect

First of all, slavery was started by blacks on blacks in africa. Slavery is a huge thing today in the US, of all colors by all colors. In fact there are more black pimps with white teens as their money makers that you regularly hear about after arrest.
In Asia & the middle east as well as Russia slavery is ripe. So this idea that slavery is white people having 'color' people in chains is just you being too stuck up on particular events at a particular time in a particular place. It's a worldwide issue that's long existed and color is almost irrelevant.

#5566 dilemna   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

This is the same group of people who approve our wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and possibly Iran, and have no idea why the M.E. is so mad at us?

The M.E hates America due to the Israeli conflict more than anything. But in Afghanistan the police abuct boys, to keep and abuse at night, shooting many when they try to flee. This is the police, the politicans are corrupt as you can get. Why should we be trying to please them? You talk about slavery, yet over there it's common place, have you seen how they treat women? 12 yr olds are married off to 55 yr olds against their will. And you want these peoples approval?

#5567 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24202 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

http://firstread.nbc...e-laborers?lite

GOP congressman uses ethnic slur to describe laborers

A Republican congressman from Alaska on Thursday used a slur referring to immigrants, particularly Mexicans, in an interview with a public radio station in his home stage.
Amid a hot-button debate in Washington over how to overhaul the nation's immigration laws, Rep. Don Young, a 21-term lawmaker, referred to immigrant workers as "wetbacks" — a term that could threaten to inflame the debate about immigration reform.
"My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes," Young said in an interview with radio station KRBD. He was discussing the number of jobs that have been made irrelevant due to advances in automation. The interview was first surfaced by Buzzfeed.
"It takes two people to pick the same tomatoes now. It’s all done by machine," Young added.
While the veteran congressman wasn't referring directly to immigration reform, his remarks certainly cut against the broader Republican effort to repair the party's dismal image with Latino voters.
The term "wetback" is a derogatory term sometimes used to refer to migrant workers, particularly Mexicans or Mexican-Americans who now reside in the United States.

I can't wait to see him defend this. I bet it will be a doozy.

#5568 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

What in particular makes you sick? Show some quotes

http://www.dailykos....bstance-Abusers

#5569 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

I was about to say, just pick something from the articles I posted, too much to quote. We need a :smh: smiley.

#5570 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6641 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

http://firstread.nbc...e-laborers?lite

I can't wait to see him defend this. I bet it will be a doozy.

It really won't matter. I used to live in Alaska. Don Young has said even worse things, actually.
He still wins every 2 years no matter what. Many times the democratic party only fields a token canidate.

He's the only US Rep the state has, he's on some major committees and the state is 70% Republican.

#5571 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24202 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

It really won't matter. I used to live in Alaska. Don Young has said even worse things, actually.
He still wins every 2 years no matter what. Many times the democratic party only fields a token canidate.

He's the only US Rep the state has, he's on some major committees and the state is 70% Republican.

Republican's say they want to win nationwide. When they talk like this it hurts the chances of this happening. Look at how legitimate rape tainted the chances of Republican successes nationwide.

#5572 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6860 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Republican's say they want to win nationwide. When they talk like this it hurts the chances of this happening. Look at how legitimate rape tainted the chances of Republican successes nationwide.

Yeah, but Akin still got over a million votes. Makes you wonder...

#5573 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

If ever there was a more clueless group of politicians I can't think of them. They want to win, but can't help being what they are. Even when they talk about changing, it usually goes something like "We know that gay marriage is inevitable. It's an abomination blah blah blah, but we know it's inevitable...".

That's supposed to be change? Seriously? That's not change, it's akin to that bullshit apology of "Well I'm sorry if I offended anyone but...". For republicans to have a chance in the next few years, they better look deep and make some fundamental changes, otherwise they're screwed.

#5574 dilemna   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

If ever there was a more clueless group of politicians I can't think of them. They want to win, but can't help being what they are. Even when they talk about changing, it usually goes something like "We know that gay marriage is inevitable. It's an abomination blah blah blah, but we know it's inevitable...".

That's supposed to be change? Seriously? That's not change, it's akin to that bullshit apology of "Well I'm sorry if I offended anyone but...". For republicans to have a chance in the next few years, they better look deep and make some fundamental changes, otherwise they're screwed.

The only reason the Republicans struggled this past election and probably wont win future elections, is due to immigration and the hispanics all voting for the party that most benefited them.

Liberals can try and claim it's 'backward' views that prevent them winning, in a way of making them change to the liberal viewpoint but it's simply false. Blacks voting because a guy is black(who wouldn't have voted otherwise) and hispanics voting for the ones that benefit them is what the election came down to. It was all very racial rather than about the important issues. On the economy Romney had Obama over his knee.

If the hispanic vote continues to be democrat then republicans have no chance of winning an election.

#5575 dilemna   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yeah, but Akin still got over a million votes. Makes you wonder...

I voted for Akin. His comments were overblown as usual. He was essentially saying that the child shouldn't be punished for the actions of a rapist. That's his view, why can he not have it? What's with the liberal nazism of think one way and only one way or be mocked, persecuted and dismissed? Really he's anti abortion and people pressure him with scenario's to try and challenge this, and he said something a bit off key for the mainstream in response, but so what? Lots of people respect an anti abortion stance, rather than 50 million abortions a year, and nothing thought of it.

Too much politics is sensationalism to try to appeal to a pre rehearsed narrative. 'republicans are backward dinosaurs who still don't believe women should have rights' lets try to blow this up and appeal to that.

It's petty dull journalism. Bottom line is he was anti abortion, and many people support that.

#5576 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

The fact that you obviously respect the man means I can't possibly respect you, which guarantees that we can't have a civilized conversation. So have fun with ego, bob, and the rest here on vs.

#5577 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6860 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

LOLZ@"liberal nazism"

I guess that guy from Alaska was just taken out of context too!:rofl:

#5578 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

Btw, Mike Godwin must feel like a damn prophet by now.

#5579 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

...I can't possibly respect you, which guarantees that we can't have a civilized conversation..

Says the owner of CAG's longest ignore list.

#5580 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-012521029.html

:rofl:

edit- The video mentioned- http://www.funnyordi...with-jim-carrey