Bioshock 2 + Free Bioshock 1 (360/PS3) $49.99 at Amazon

rodieremix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13420[/IMG-R]Just click through to Amazon, scroll down a bit and look under the Amazon video box. You'll see the "Add both to cart" button under "Buy Bioshock 2 and get BioShock as a gift with purchase!"

:360::ps3: Bioshock 2 + Bioshock 1 (360/PS3) $49.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, cool deal. I'd be all over this if I had money. Of course, without having played Bioshock 1, how would I know if I liked it enough to want 1 & 2?

[quote name='hellhunde']Wow, cool deal. I'd be all over this if I had money. Of course, without having played Bioshock 1, how would I know if I liked it enough to want 1 & 2?[/QUOTE]

well, there's no better way to see if you like it than with this deal (besides renting of course).

Great games, pretty decent storyline. Nothing beats shooting out an angry swarm of bees from your arm at some unsuspecting splicer. :bouncy:

The second one has been a blast too. FANTASTIC deal.

How did you y'all find out about this deal? I don't see it being advertised anywhere on the site. I know it works because I added both games and Bioshock 1 does in fact come up as $0. Just curious :)

i would re-edit those links, so CAG gets the referral money instead of slick deals. i believe all you need to do is post a non referred link and it automatically makes a CAG referral.

If Bioshock wasn't the platinum hits casing I would bite. I know it seems picky, but I really like the look of the non-PH version with the slipcover. This is a great deal, so I might have to go for it and let my snobby attitude die. Thanks for the info OP.

[quote name='htown01']How did you y'all find out about this deal? I don't see it being advertised anywhere on the site. I know it works because I added both games and Bioshock 1 does in fact come up as $0. Just curious :)[/QUOTE]

When you scroll down Amazon has one of those buy Bioshock + Bioshock 2 for $49.99.

[quote name='htown01']How did you y'all find out about this deal? I don't see it being advertised anywhere on the site. I know it works because I added both games and Bioshock 1 does in fact come up as $0. Just curious :)[/QUOTE]

Fixed, thanks for reminding me.

As for discovering the deal, it was advertised under the DOTD icon on the main video games page.

I've already got both of them and Platinumed.. with DLC's for both as well

Badass Game series .. second ones game play and graphics are awesome plus it has online multiplayer..

In my opinion the first one was harder .. especially if you're trying to platinum it and play it on survivor mode

Awesome deal though

I jumped on it, somewhat wishing I hadn't. Might try and sell Bioshock 2 I guess. Wouldn't mind paying that much for Bioshock.

i've got all day to think about this, but i REALLY want this -.- I beat 2 on 360 and only played half way through on 360. i'd like to get them for ps3. but i have to think of a good reason NOT to get them cuz this is really tempting... -.-;;

[quote name='rpnguyen']no...$14 is a terrible ripoff for an hdmi cable. $5 per cable is barely an AVERAGE price.[/QUOTE]
you pay shit for it you get shit.. There's got to be a difference in quality in HDMI cords just like any other cord

Worth noting that it doesn't seem to work with the PS3 special edition, only the standard version, else I'd jump on this. Haven't played either and want both, but I won't have access to my PS3 for a long time, and can afford to wait for the standard edition to come down to the sub-$20 range. Special edition on it's own is a bit too expensive for me at ~$72 right now, but I wouldn't say no if a free copy of the original was included!

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']you pay shit for it you get shit.. There's got to be a difference in quality in HDMI cords just like any other cord[/QUOTE]

Digital signals are different from analog signals. You either get the data or you don't. There is no in-between. That monster cable you see at best buy for $60 or that $5 cable you buy off amazon or monoprice will both do the job equally well.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']you pay shit for it you get shit.. There's got to be a difference in quality in HDMI cords just like any other cord[/QUOTE]

HDMI is digital ... you get it or you don't. You would be right with component cables though.

only difference is the price. only a sucker would pay that much for a hdmi cable.

Good price but since I already have the first I'll just wait for a Gamestop B2G1 sale and get the 2nd one used for $33

it aint bad but this price or less has been going for ebay.

i tried grabbin a ps3 bundle of the two bioshocks but failed miserably.

Somebody doesnt know about HDMI cables, BTW I have a real nice HDMI cable I will sell you, top of the line! ;)

[quote name='chuckywang']HDMI is digital ... you get it or you don't. You would be right with component cables though.[/QUOTE]

Even for component cables, it is most of the time questionable if there are any visible differences. Cable quality might differ (depending on what you define as quality), but analog signals for the most part don't have high requirement for it to work properly.

The only real thing you should ever be concerned about for analog cables are the length and if the cable is properly shielded from interference.

edit: I forgot to mention, but contrary to popular myth that because HDMI is digital, you either get a signal or not is NOT necessarily true. If your HDMI cable exhibits issues, you will see "sparklies" on the sceen that isn't part of the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL monster has a cable theyd like to sell you. Its plated in 24K gold!!!11one!1!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Somebody doesnt know about HDMI cables, BTW I have a real nice HDMI cable I will sell you, top of the line! ;)[/QUOTE]
The Giorgio Armani name in said HDMI or GTFO

Great deal. I already have the first but not the second. Wish the deal was valid on the CE.

As for hdmi cables, others have said it. It's a digital signal. Either it works or it doesn't. For hdmi cables I strictly use monoprice. $4 for a 6' hdmi cable, $2 on sale. I've bought about 6 hdmi cables, none have let me down.

[quote name='rodieremix']Fixed, thanks for reminding me.

As for discovering the deal, it was advertised under the DOTD icon on the main video games page.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, I see it.

I Lol'ed:lol:

LOL @ everyone jumping on the guy who thinks you should spend a lot for HDMI cables. I bought a couple off of Amazon for like $3 a piece at the start of this generation. Been using them with my PS3 and 360 for years. No issues at all.

just ordered this and my total came out to be $44.99, it said that I had a $5 amazon promotion? No idea where it came from, just giving a heads up in case anyone wants to buy.

[quote name='bredbu']would love 2 bite number 2 was really great number 1 was ok but i hated those stupid hack puzzles in number 1[/QUOTE]

You rarely had to do those hack puzzles. I honestly did less than 10 of them I think.

Wow, another amazing deal and time for me to spend my $10 promo credit from FFXIII (been waiting for a good deal and this is as good as it gets for me, since I don't have the first game as well). Thanks OP!

Never played either but this is really tempting since I can easily get rid of BioShock 2 if I don't like one.

Does the PS3 version of 1 have a GH cover?

[quote name='icedrake523']Never played either but this is really tempting since I can easily get rid of BioShock 2 if I don't like one.

Does the PS3 version of 1 have a GH cover?[/QUOTE]

I don't think the first is a PS3 GH

Very tempting, I'd love to pick these up for my boyfriend but seeing as how he hasn't even played any of the other new games we got, I doubt he'll touch these.

[quote name='bredbu']would love 2 bite number 2 was really great number 1 was ok but i hated those stupid hack puzzles in number 1[/QUOTE]

They got rid of them in bioshock 2...they are now timing exercises instead..

[quote name='K_G']They got rid of them in bioshock 2...they are now timing exercises instead..[/QUOTE]

i liked the first ones cuz it was just like pipe dream! Unfortunately, it takes away when you're trying to hack in the middle of a fight.

still on the fence for ps3...

bread's done
Back