Save $10 on 3 Months Xbox Live & 1600 Point Card at Amazon

The total actually comes to 26.76 because of the already in place discounts. So you're actually saving about 13 and change from this deal. I might have to jump on this.

[quote name='yokofox33']The total actually comes to 26.76 because of the already in place discounts. So you're actually saving about 13 and change from this deal. I might have to jump on this.[/QUOTE]

Don't think I can resist a deal such as this when you manage to save nearly $14 off retail price.

I do have a quick question though, if you already have several months left on your current Xbox Gold membership and you input the code for another Gold membership, does it automatically stack? Or do you have to wait until your current one runs out before inputting the code?

Only reason I ask is I finally upgraded to Gold for the first time ever due to BC2. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='Hawkamania']I do have a quick question though, if you already have several months left on your current Xbox Gold membership and you input the code for another Gold membership, does it automatically stack? Or do you have to wait until your current one runs out before inputting the code?[/QUOTE]
It automatically stacks.

I am very tempted as well. I'll probably bite since it's basically regular price for a point card and then $2 a month for 3 months of XBL.

[quote name='Kush']It automatically stacks.[/QUOTE]
Except for 48-Hour codes--you have to be silver to input those, but that's irrelevant.

[quote name='Kush']I am very tempted as well. I'll probably bite since it's basically regular price for a point card and then $2 a month for 3 months of XBL.[/QUOTE]
$2.25 per month of XBL ;) every cent counts. But your thinking is what I'm thinking. I'll have to debate this over.

Very tempting find OP
Why does that 3 month offer have to be there, diluting the deal up. I'd even be okay with $5 off 1600 Point Card.

Look at you with all your exact details. I figured it would be rather obvious that 48-hour codes would not stack ...and it's technically it's more like $2.256666666... and fractions of cents count ever more!

[quote name='Kush']Look at you with all your exact details. I figured it would be rather obvious that 48-hour codes would not stack ...and it's technically it's more like $2.256666666... and fractions of cents count ever more![/QUOTE]
You would be surprised as to how many people do not know that 48-hour codes stack. Sorry, I did "6.76/3=2.253333" instead of "6.77/3=2.256666."

[quote name='dieresis']You would be surprised as to how many people do not know that 48-hour codes stack. Sorry, I did "6.76/3=2.253333" instead of "6.77/3=2.256666."[/QUOTE]

I, for one, did not know that. I have all these 48-hour trial cards, what shall I do with them?

Amazon raised the price of their 1600 back to $19.64. They were on the ball with this one. (It's been $17.99 up until less than an hour ago).

FWIW: I was curious about the stackability/usability of 48 codes for Goldmembers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdogn12']I, for one, did not know that. I have all these 48-hour trial cards, what shall I do with them?[/QUOTE]
Enter a code every 2 days, unfortunately. :p

[quote name='Kerig']Amazon raised the price of their 1600 back to $19.64. They were on the ball with this one. (It's been $17.99 up until less than an hour ago).

FWIW: I was curious about the stackability/usability of 48 codes for Goldmembers.[/QUOTE]

I was sitting on the confirm order page which thankfully didn't change so that was enough for me to bite

nice, I got in on this before the price increase. I was going to get some MS points anyway so I might as well tack on a few months of live for another 6 bucks.

Well I DO need points, and my Gold is almost out, so this seems as good a deal as any. Wish I would have known about it before the price increase.

[quote name='Kerig']Amazon raised the price of their 1600 back to $19.64. They were on the ball with this one. (It's been $17.99 up until less than an hour ago).

FWIW: I was curious about the stackability/usability of 48 codes for Goldmembers.[/QUOTE]

I just bought a 1600 points card last Wednesday at the $17.99 price. I opted for the physical card delivered rather than the $19.xx digital code instantly since I have PRIME shipping. :)

[quote name='ZForce']nice, I got in on this before the price increase.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I bit on this deal right after I saw this thread this morning. You really couldn't beat the money you saved compared to their retail price.

[quote name='mistrsam']Very tempting find OP
Why does that 3 month offer have to be there, diluting the deal up. I'd even be okay with $5 off 1600 Point Card.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way and why i will not bite on this. I want points since i got a year of live already. I hope they do a points only sale soon even $5 off would rock on a 4000 point card even.

[quote name='Kerig']Goldmembers.[/QUOTE]

heh, Goldmembers.

[quote name='ScottieBaio']does this give you a code instantly or do you get a card in the mail?[/QUOTE]

Card in the mail. Here's a link to the Online Game Code version.

Anyway, I already got a 1600 when it was $17.99, so if it already bumped back up to $19.64...naah.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']The discount applies to 2 1600 Point cards as well.[/QUOTE]
now that's something I can get behind.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']The discount applies to 2 1600 Point cards as well.[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome. Thanks for pointing that out. Just got a year sub to XBL and didnt really want the 3 months. Seriously contemplating getting two 1600 cards.

Okay people aren't doing the math, this isn't a great deal.

12 month Xbox Live Gold sub is 39.96/12 = 3.33/mo
3 month Xbox Live Gold sub is 18.77/3 = 6.25/mo
You're paying almost twice as much per month... so 6.25 - 3.33 = 2.92
2.92 x 3 = 8.76... so you're basically saving a whopping 1.24 in this deal.

Right now 4000 points is 42.54 which means 1600 points should be 17.02.
So you're paying 2.62 more if you buy the 1600 points card.
If you want a real deal, buy the 12 month card and the 4000 points and save money overall. (I just bought 4000 points for 39.99 so I got a better deal and don't need them now)

Okay the 2x 1600 is a good deal, that's like paying 36.60 for a 4000 points card. That deal is worth it!

[quote name='abouttandoutt']1.24 is 1.24 :) but yea that 1600 points deal is a great 1[/QUOTE]
I don't like seeing people take the sucker's bet because then it encourages amazon to treat everyone like morons. We have enough corporate stupidity as it is.

Look at it like this Kuragari, I essentially compared it to buying the 1600 points at retail price of $21.19 (after tax) in KY where I'm from. My total order cost from Amazon was $26.76, which means I essentially paid $5.57 for 3 months of Xbox Live (about $1.86 a month).

The reason I make that comparison, I would have never bought the 1600 point card for $17.99 without this bundled deal for one reason, it was under $25 thus I would pay more in total cost by adding shipping rather than going and picking it up at a local GameStop or Wal-Mart.

Granted, had I known that you could have bundled two 1600 point cards together at the time, I would have much rather preferred that (being that it's to late for me to cancel). I hands down agree that is the best overall deal.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']My total comes out to 39.xx with two 1600 pt cards in the cart, what am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

You must make it all the way through check-out. Well...almost.

The discount does not show until the very last window in the checkout/buy process.

Hmm i was planning on buying a 3month gold on ebay for 15 bucks so might as well get this for 20 (i have a 10 dollar credit on my account) but than again i dont need the points as their isnt anything on live id want to buy

thanks for the awesome deal guys!

i had some video game credit around so i was able to get 3200 points for 19 bucks!

thank you cags and God Bless America!!!!

Just got 2 1600 cards. Gonna get them on the 31st with prime. Dont know what Im gonna use them for seeing that I am not buying the MW2 maps. I will be playing the new free vip maps on BC2 by then.

Thank you OP and PenguinMaster for pointing out that it would work with 2 cards.

Edit: Definitely gonna get Geometry wars 2 when its on sale soon. :)

I totally ignored this thread until I realized that I could buy two points cards and get the same discount. I wish I could buy more than two though...

Got two 1600 points cards for $29.28 shipped. Thanks for the heads-up!

Summer of Arcade is coming up and I still need to get Trials HD so these will come in real handy. Tempted to get Toy Soldiers too... love me some RTS!

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I feel the same way and why i will not bite on this. I want points since i got a year of live already. I hope they do a points only sale soon even $5 off would rock on a 4000 point card even.[/QUOTE]

You have your wish...a 4K card is now 42.54 shipped on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NDRT62/ref=oss_product

The online version is still $49.99, which is kind of dumb but whatever...

/edit...oops for me not reading the whole thread before posting this, someone beat me to it on the previous page, sry..

bread's done
Back