Logitech G27 Wheel - $149.99 at Best Buy

DoubleD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at Best Buy today and was surprised to find the Logitech G27 Wheel for $149.99! I bought the only one on the shelf, but it is available online as well! Amazon still has it for $254.57. Also, I checked ebay where there were auctions well into the $200s. I don't know if they are clearancing because of a new model or something, but it is definitely a great wheel for the price--$149.99!

I'm pretty thrilled. Hope this helps someone else get a good deal, too.

:D

[quote name='DoubleD'] I don't know if they are clearancing because of a new model or something[/QUOTE]

This is what I was wondering also. Maybe a new wireless wheel with bluetooth capabilities? New design? Bundle with GT5?

I will go ahead an pick one up, too good of a deal to pass up.

I grabbed one too. They are unavailable now. I hope they don't cancel the order. This is half the MSRP even though they usually hover around 250. Thanks OP.

[quote name='DoubleD']I don't know if they are clearancing because of a new model or something...
[/QUOTE]
Already? The wheel just came out last summer/fall. And I'm pretty sure the G25 never had this big of a discount before the G27 was announced. Especially this early.

Actually it's not YMMV, i called my local BB (sold out on-line) and they're out of it too, and the price was $149.99.

As for new model, even if it's wireless, there will still be at least ONE wire for the power outlet (force feed back). If the force feed back is from a rechargeable battery, well, it's going to be expensive (i.e. i rather go with wires). Besides, if you have a cockpit, wires are nothing anyway.

Base on recent orders with BB (like the Lunar Silver Star LE screw up), i'm not very confident with those orders that's on back order. If my order go through, great. If not, eh, stick to the Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nationwide and also good in store if you can find it, for those that go store hunting remember to check the PC section that is where I found mine.

[quote name='DoubleD']I don't know if they are clearancing because of a new model or something
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eddie291']Already? The wheel just came out last summer/fall. And I'm pretty sure the G25 never had this big of a discount before the G27 was announced. Especially this early.[/QUOTE]

I probably should not have mentioned "clearancing" the wheel. I have no idea why it was so cheap. I've looked at this wheel a bunch of times, but I never really seriously considered buying it due to its price. I couldn't imagine dropping $300 on a wheel. I was shocked when I saw the price. So, anyway, I was just conjecturing that Best Buy might be dropping the wheel. The one I found was sitting right next to the Driving Force GT which was full price at exactly the same amount! Even my 9-year-old noticed that they were both the same price but very different wheels.

And, yes, I did think it was a mistake, but then I checked online and it was the same price, so I knew it wasn't YMMV.

Still pretty excited about this find!

just bought it but found out the wheel dont have sequential shifter.....bummer.....anyway still need to say thanks for the deal!!

Picked one up earlier in the afternoon. The store still had 2 more in stock, one in the PC section (where I found mine) and one in the PS3 store aisle.

It feels weird paying this much for a video game accessory.

Thanks to the OP.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Picked one up earlier in the afternoon. The store still had 2 more in stock, one in the PC section (where I found mine) and one in the PS3 store aisle.

It feels weird paying this much for a video game accessory.

Thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

It is not a mere accessory. This wheel is fucking amazing. GT is a simulator after all.

[quote name='hanabie']I HATE GT!!! CUS I SUX AT IT! I hope this wheel helps =x[/QUOTE]

The wheel won't help you, it'll actually make the game harder. It only make it way more fun and realistic.

[quote name='ychanus']The wheel won't help you, it'll actually make the game harder. It only make it way more fun and realistic.[/QUOTE]

it's cool.. im gonna resell it for profit =/

[quote name='mrrepoman']It feels weird paying this much for a video game accessory.[/QUOTE]

It feels less weird after having picked up the A40 audio system during the Dell sale. :shock:

I would totally buy one of these at this price if I wasn't happen to be also looking to get a new guitar >.> March 2010 is the worse month ever in gaming history. TOO MANY games and good stuffs came out.

[quote name='sendme']Odd this thing works with windows but says nothing about the 360.[/QUOTE]

Because Windows is an open standard and XBox isn't. USB should work on everything. MS has intentionally made it so things won't. And they refuse to allow Logitech to release true FF wheels on the system. Not much Logitech can do about it.

HUGE thanks to the OP as this one wasn't listed in my local BestBuy's sale ad for the week and I've been lusting after the G27 for awhile now (and the G25 before it!)

Got mine at the Levittown NY BestBuy, and there was still one more on the shelf as of 10:30am this morning. Good hunting if anyone goes for it!

me and 2 friends picked up 3 yesterday. most stores have none. they will be sold online only in the future, not in store at bb any more.

Just got the last one in-stock in WA, was a bit of a drive though, and had to call roughly 5 other stores first, but a G27 for 50% off, almost too good to be true. For anyone else, the Northgate store is supposed to get one tuesday, but they won't let anyone reserve it until it actually arrives, so I guess start calling tomorrow.

[quote name='PaulG']Because Windows is an open standard and XBox isn't. USB should work on everything. MS has intentionally made it so things won't. And they refuse to allow Logitech to release true FF wheels on the system. Not much Logitech can do about it.[/QUOTE]
I think it might be more like Logitech not willing to cough up the licensing fee for 360 support since they believe that it won't be a good investment from them.

...360 user who wants to have G25/27 wheel support for Forza here!

Got the last one at the Folsom, CA store...they made an error at the transaction (didn't get my Rewardzone Certificate at the right point), so the cashier took an extra $20 off, so I paid about $141 out the door. Nice! Can't wait to try this on GT5 once it comes out!

[quote name='jtdragon']Got the last one at the Folsom, CA store...they made an error at the transaction (didn't get my Rewardzone Certificate at the right point), so the cashier took an extra $20 off, so I paid about $141 out the door. Nice! Can't wait to try this on GT5 once it comes out![/QUOTE]
dang, that's sweet, congrats! Envy.... My local BB don't have any in stock :whistle2:(

[quote name='PaulG']Because Windows is an open standard and XBox isn't.[/QUOTE]

For now, at least. Just look at unsigned drivers in Windows 7. You have to jump through your own butthole to get them to work.

Went to my local Best Buy in South Jersey, they had 2 in stock in the PC section. Box sure is heavy lol.

Bought the last one on the shelf in Fort Myers, FL (US 41).

Just played a couple laps on Dirt 2. Wow! Turns an already great game into driving nirvana. Anyone who doesn't own the game, at least download the demo. You won't be sorry.

I just wanted to say thanks to the OP here and at SD. I was waiting for a sweet price and this fit the bill. I do feel a bit guilty for splurging but this thing is awesome. I've really enjoyed the little bit of Dirt 2 that I have played thus far. THANKS!

Was "backordered" when ordered but shipped this morning.

Best Buy gets a fair amount of grief on here, so I think we have to give them a big :applause: on this one.

Do you need to buy a gaming chair to use the wheels? I bought the wheel but not sure how I am gonna set it up.

[quote name='wizzyx3']Do you need to buy a gaming chair to use the wheels? I bought the wheel but not sure how I am gonna set it up.[/QUOTE]

No anything will do. It locks onto a table. I've seen some legit setups where they either buy available frames or weld their own with bucket seats.

btw; I cancelled my backordered wheel and bought one in store. BB customer service on the phone has always been great. Really fast and effective.

Same here, I fired off an email earlier but the order still wasn't canceled ; call took care of that in all of 2 seconds. BTW for those that are going to have it shipped, Best Buy is going to be taking a bath in shipping the box is pretty heavy.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Price went back up to $299.99 on BB website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah wish I had jumped earlier. The only local store that has one says that they are back to 299.99 today. :(

bread's done
Back