[OOS] Afrika in stock at gamestop.com used, $26.xx after edge+cag16

The game is really fun and really worth it if you can get get it for around $30. You take pics of animals and get graded for them. Have to be careful not to get too close to disturb the animals( run away or rush you). You can upgrade you cameras and lenses once you get more money for your assignments. The graphics are really good. My only 2 complaints are the horribly long loading times and no voice acting. It is all text. The music is nice though and very majestic. Not a game for FPS online fans(you can't shoot with bullets only a camera LOL) but great for other people.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Ha, at least the reviewer was trying to get all the fun out of it he could.

Trying to run down animals and fighting them.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the reviewer was incapable of actually reviewing this type of game to me.

[quote name='Nesrie']Sounds like the reviewer was incapable of actually reviewing this type of game to me.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

He did the missions, found them boring. The character and animal animations sucked, the jobs were boring, the textures were bad, and the controls were horrible...just because he doesn't find photography interesting doesn't mean he was incapable of reviewing this type of game.

Also, WTF is up with that comment above my other one? "Not a game for FPS online fans"? Really? Not every FPS fan is a some racist 13 year old with ADD. I have both flOw and Flower and enjoy them along with MW2 and Gears2.

The "...great for other people." part just made it seem like all FPS fans are a mindless horde.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']enjoy them along with MW2 and Gears2.
[/QUOTE]
found your problem

horrible taste in fps. not sure who enjoys those games :)

What is with PS3 fanboys posting non-deals in the Deals forum...:roll:

Metacritic average is 63... sounds like a winner... for me to poop on.

[quote name='Sway42']found your problem

horrible taste in fps. not sure who enjoys those games :)[/QUOTE]

What would you recommend? I know BF:BC2 is getting a lot of love, but I'm waiting for the price to drop before testing it out.

[quote name='3rdbass']The game is really fun and really worth it if you can get get it for around $30. You take pics of animals and get graded for them. Have to be careful not to get too close to disturb the animals( run away or rush you). You can upgrade you cameras and lenses once you get more money for your assignments. The graphics are really good. My only 2 complaints are the horribly long loading times and no voice acting. It is all text. The music is nice though and very majestic. Not a game for FPS online fans(you can't shoot with bullets only a camera LOL) but great for other people.[/QUOTE]

So it's like Pokemon Snap but with real animals native to Africa instead of Pokemon...

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Seriously?

He did the missions, found them boring. The character and animal animations sucked, the jobs were boring, the textures were bad, and the controls were horrible...just because he doesn't find photography interesting doesn't mean he was incapable of reviewing this type of game.

Also, WTF is up with that comment above my other one? "Not a game for FPS online fans"? Really? Not every FPS fan is a some racist 13 year old with ADD. I have both flOw and Flower and enjoy them along with MW2 and Gears2.

The "...great for other people." part just made it seem like all FPS fans are a mindless horde.[/QUOTE]

My point was that most people who only play online for games like HALO and COD MW do so because they have a have a small attention span. I found flower to be boring and the controls were horrible. I'm glad I got that game for $5. I much prefer Afrika. While not the best game out there I felt it was decent product. I guess different strokes for different folks. Also, do people play reviews or do they play games? I know reviews have very little impact on my buying habits as I know what will appeal to me better than some game reviewer who might have totally different tastes than myself.

[quote name='karkyco']So it's like Pokemon Snap but with real animals native to Africa instead of Pokemon...[/QUOTE]

Damn you beat me to it.. Pokemon Snap 2 for the PS3 without Pokemon

[quote name='3rdbass']My point was that most people who only play online for games like HALO and COD MW do so because they have a have a small attention span. I found flower to be boring and the controls were horrible. I'm glad I got that game for $5. I much prefer Afrika. While not the best game out there I felt it was decent product. I guess different strokes for different folks. Also, do people play reviews or do they play games? I know reviews have very little impact on my buying habits as I know what will appeal to me better than some game reviewer who might have totally different tastes than myself.[/QUOTE]

People play games...but when a average score of 70% and less by reviewers and fellow gamers (as if reviewers lose their gaming ability when the get paid for it...). Though I was just commenting on the fact that for the average consumer, which is how I imagine most games are reviewed, this game is garbage according to reviewers and gamers...unless you really loved Pokemon Snap, but without Pokemon.(as mentioned before)

Then how do you know if you want a game if not by a reviewer of some kind? Unless it's a sequel, your throwing your money into unknown territory hoping for the best.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']People play games...but when a average score of 70% and less by reviewers and fellow gamers (as if reviewers lose their gaming ability when the get paid for it...). Though I was just commenting on the fact that for the average consumer, which is how I imagine most games are reviewed, this game is garbage according to reviewers and gamers...unless you really loved Pokemon Snap, but without Pokemon.(as mentioned before)

Then how do you know if you want a game if not by a reviewer of some kind? Unless it's a sequel, your throwing your money into unknown territory hoping for the best.[/QUOTE]

Well there is only 17 votes on that game from users on Metacritic. And only 3 of them are dragging that score down (one is a zero LOL) while the rest are 8 and 9. Go to Gamespot and you will see the user review score 8.2 from 89 users. Or even Amazon has over 4 stars(out of a possible five) from 9 reviewers. I would think that gamespot would be the most reliable since it has over 89 users commenting on the game. Like I said before I thought flower was very mediorcre and Afrika (with flaws: long loading time and no voice narrative at all) was a great game. We just have different tastes in games. I totally think this game is a great purchase especially around $30.

[quote name='lordopus99']What is with PS3 fanboys posting non-deals in the Deals forum...:roll:

Metacritic average is 63... sounds like a winner... for me to poop on.[/QUOTE]
FWIW- I'm far from a PS3 fanboy, and I really liked this game.

[quote name='3rdbass']Well there is only 17 votes on that game from users on Metacritic. And only 3 of them are dragging that score down (one is a zero LOL) while the rest are 8 and 9. Go to Gamespot and you will see the user review score 8.2 from 89 users. Or even Amazon has over 4 stars(out of a possible five) from 9 reviewers. I would think that gamespot would be the most reliable since it has over 89 users commenting on the game. Like I said before I thought flower was very mediorcre and Afrika (with flaws: long loading time and no voice narrative at all) was a great game. We just have different tastes in games. I totally think this game is a great purchase especially around $30.[/QUOTE]

This. Some absolutley terrible reviews + some reviews saying it's excellent = niche title, not bad title.

I enjoy this title a lot but as it has been stated it is a niche title. The game is fine, but the style of gameplay is not for everyone.

i have the game and play it whenever im stressed out lol its not the best game around but if i want to play something and need to unwind its not bad

also to that guy before.....gears2 is a THIRD person game

listen, if u guys are in/by nyc videogamesnewyork.com (202 e 6th st in the village) has the import for sale, and its in english. check their site, cool dudes, talk to dan

[quote name='Survivalism']They also gave God Hand a 3 which means their reviews don't matter.[/QUOTE]

I bought this game from this post and have been playing a bit. It's actually not bad. It's a nature game so no head shots and decapitation on the animals. Nor can you run them over with your Suzuki. It's a very calm type game and fairly relaxing. If I have to give it a rating between 1-10, it'd be a 7. There are some framerate issues and the rediculous 387mb save file that takes over a minute to load/save. Oh and Gamestop sucks for shipping me the game in a generic case. Now I know when they guarrantee a box, it doesn't mean it's official box. They can just give you any old box. Gamestop is a 3, not this game.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I bought this game from this post and have been playing a bit. It's actually not bad. It's a nature game so no head shots and decapitation on the animals. Nor can you run them over with your Suzuki. It's a very calm type game and fairly relaxing. If I have to give it a rating between 1-10, it'd be a 7. There are some framerate issues and the rediculous 387mb save file that takes over a minute to load/save. Oh and Gamestop sucks for shipping me the game in a generic case. Now I know when they guarrantee a box, it doesn't mean it's official box. They can just give you any old box. Gamestop is a 3, not this game.[/QUOTE]

Shhh. Blasphemy. Haven't you heard, we're not allowed to like games that don't fit generic stereotypes that the professional reviewers love.

bread's done
Back