Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS) $20 - Amazon

Thats not amazon. Guy wants $8 for shipping.

Also, its not in stock but will be notified when in stock.

[quote name='Estebon']Thats not amazon. Guy wants $8 for shipping.

Also, its not in stock but will be notified when in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....Amazon at $16 would be amazing but some random guy for $16+ Crazy shipping = no go.

Good game, got it at release. The other SMT game for DS that just got released, Strange journey, is great too.

Great game, pretty difficult at times. Also, be aware the some missions will involve major luck, in that you pray the AI you are supposed to protect doesn't get him/her self killed in the first round.

[quote name='dclee85']Good game, got it at release. The other SMT game for DS that just got released, Strange journey, is great too.[/QUOTE]

too bad strange journey wasnt 20... love this game (renting it off gamefly... they dont have a keep it now price on this game : (

Love to be able to keep it around 25

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Wow yeah I'm not gonna post in deals anymore, I was still deciding whether I wanted to order it for $20 or not and now it's OOS. fuck.[/QUOTE]

You can still order it...
I did and have an estimated delivery date of 4/5 which really isn't bad at all.

One of my favorite DS games, good deal. Y'all can still order it now and lock in the price right?

Strange Journey is $25 at Fry's on sale right now (if you have one near you and don't mind paying tax).

[quote name='slidecage']too bad strange journey wasnt 20... love this game (renting it off gamefly... they dont have a keep it now price on this game : (

Love to be able to keep it around 25[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Guys, you can still order it... You won't be charged until it ships. Order now.[/QUOTE]

Great point. Lock in that price--I've been waiting for a good drop on this one.

Augh and I just bought it for $23.93 two weeks ago from Amazon...

Oh well, I learned from all my eBay bidding that an extra $4 won't mean much. :p

[quote name='WhiteLens']Augh and I just bought it for $23.93 two weeks ago from Amazon...

Oh well, I learned from all my eBay bidding that an extra $4 won't mean much. :p[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here!

Damn, I have had this on my radar for a while now, but I do not think I will have the time to play it and would rather not commit the funds. :cry:

Maybe if my PSP games sell either on here or ebay I can justify this and Strange Journey....

Ordered this with Shiren the Wanderer for DS for FSSS. Kind of wish it had just been $25 to save the trouble of looking for something else to combo with it. :roll:

[quote name='fairtrade']Ordered this with Shiren the Wanderer for DS for FSSS. Kind of wish it had just been $25 to save the trouble of looking for something else to combo with it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Iv found that PSN/Xbox/Wii point cards are the perfect fillers. Everytime I need a filler for FSSS I just add a PSN card

I picked this up a while ago and am still working my way through it on about Day 4. The game is really enjoyable and like a combination of Final Fantasy Tactics and Nocturne. It can be really tough, but I can't put it down!

One of my favorite DS games. it's a strategy rpg that has battles take place in regular turn-based combat. each character can bring two demons along with them, forming a party of three to go into battle with. For me I always like having at least one character with a demon with a movement skill that I can use, so that way I can get a character around the map quickly.

You only get one save slot, but I think that actually makes the choices you have to make in the game all the more significant since you can't just reload a save from a different day if you get an outcome you don't like.

[quote name='BarrettSan']I picked this up a while ago and am still working my way through it on about Day 4. The game is really enjoyable and like a combination of Final Fantasy Tactics and Nocturne. It can be really tough, but I can't put it down!
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I picked this up a while ago too, its a very addictive little game.

How long of a game is this.. with only 7 days i dont expect it to be as long as the new strange journey game (where that baby clocks in around 50 to 80 hours)

[quote name='slidecage']How long of a game is this.. with only 7 days i dont expect it to be as long as the new strange journey game (where that baby clocks in around 50 to 80 hours)[/QUOTE]

6 individual routes, 100+ demons to fuse, and 100+ skills to crack.

By no means will this game hold your hand on your first playthrough.

Not a fan of Disgea 3, (for whatever reason). But I loved jean D' Arc for PSP..

I have read some reviews but would like to hear a CAG's input.

Any input here?

I hated the Disgaea games but loved SMT: DS if that means anything. Disgaea seemed to be based around breaking the game system - SMT: DS is much tougher, but it's a much more balanced game as well, imo.

heads up (well at least for me)

if you have not played this game or strange journey game yet... Play this one FIRST... i played strange journey for around 10 hours and decided to pop this game in..

The graphics are A LOT BETTER on strange ...

What i dont like about this game (very small problem) there is no clock that tells you how long you played

its a Totally different style of play as well.... (though i will admit i play Strange for around 13 hours and this one less then an hour (will play it more tonight)

[quote name='BarrettSan']I hated the Disgaea games but loved SMT: DS if that means anything. Disgaea seemed to be based around breaking the game system - SMT: DS is much tougher, but it's a much more balanced game as well, imo.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks.

I wonder how that seller offers shipping at such a price? I thought it was fixed priced shipping when selling on Amazon? Weird.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Wow yeah I'm not gonna post in deals anymore, I was still deciding whether I wanted to order it for $20 or not and now it's OOS. fuck.[/QUOTE]

Lesson learned. Only post the deal when you've already taken advantage of said deal ;)

[quote name='slidecage']How long of a game is this.. with only 7 days i dont expect it to be as long as the new strange journey game (where that baby clocks in around 50 to 80 hours)[/QUOTE]

About 25-30 hours to beat or 80-100 hours to complete. Your first play through is going to be the longest due to high amount of text in this game. In 2+ play through it will take around 8-10 hours since your skipping most of text and you get bonus experience for new cycle.

[quote name='Kimpz']6 individual routes, 100+ demons to fuse, and 100+ skills to crack.

By no means will this game hold your hand on your first playthrough.[/QUOTE]

I find this game pretty easy for Shin Megami Tensei game. All you need is two opposing elemental dance and your set with either Fire and Ice or Wind and Earth. Having opposing element will guarantee high damage and free press turn. You can also preselect your earned skills when given the opportunity. Of course, your going for high tier skills. Even the ultimate boss, Lucifer can be defeat with a revival trick.

[quote name='fatbeer']

I find this game pretty easy for Shin Megami Tensei game. All you need is two opposing elemental dance and your set with either Fire and Ice or Wind and Earth. Having opposing element will guarantee high damage and free press turn. You can also preselect your earned skills when given the opportunity. Of course, your going for high tier skills. Even the ultimate boss, Lucifer can be defeat with a revival trick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the game is easy if you exploit the demons weakness, but end game demons have little to no weakness more so they have null/reflect/drain on them.

I defeated Lucifer the other way by delaying his turns with a Tyrant/Kishin combo :)

bread's done
Back