NAACP: Suntrust fires employee for airing dirty laundry

Trancendental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The NAACP says a 14-year employee was fired from SunTrust Mortgage Inc. in Richmond after she was accused of sending a chain e-mail she received at work that ultimately was forwarded to the NAACP.
The fired African-American employee said she found the e-mail offensive.
The e-mail contains pictures of 40 bumper stickers such as, "Clinton ruined a dress, Obama ruined a nation," "So I guess we're even on that slavery thing eh?" and, "Diversity -- It killed 13 at Fort Hood."
SunTrust issued a statement yesterday saying: "We do not endorse or condone the views expressed in the e-mail cited by the NAACP, and had already taken appropriate action to respond to the circulation of the e-mail."
A spokesman would not comment on whether others were reprimanded, citing personnel issues.
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People released a copy of what it said was the e-mail sent by a SunTrust official to 13 office employees and one outside recipient under the subject line "FW: Bumper Stickers that Make Sense."
SunTrust said it was "dedicated to diversity in all aspects of our operations."

www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/NAAC18_20100317-234601/331226/

Un-fucking-believable.

God, what has this politically correct society come to? Where are our FREEDOMS if we can't send racist emails to our employees without it being made out to be some big deal?! I think it's great that SunTrust fired the employee who leaked the email, they should know their place.

If everybody wasn't so politically correct all the time people would have forgotten about race by now and that email wouldn't have been sent anyway! Can't you see what you're doing?!

That's really professional, your employees send shit like that around the office email and then you fire the person who takes offense.

Yeah. Implying that the Ft. Hood shooter was kept around because of diversity would be racist and TOTALLY UNTRUE.

In related news, Islam is also my favorite race.

bread's done
Back