TikGames/Creat Studios 50% off PSN sale - 4/1 - 4/14 - Smash Cars, Cuboid, etc.

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wampa8jedi']Definitely tempted by some of those... player impressions would be welcome, though.[/QUOTE]

Check those 'CAG discussion thread' links in the OP for a few impressions on some of them.

[quote name='mkernan']Check those 'CAG discussion thread' links in the OP for a few impressions on some of them.[/QUOTE]

I did that after making the post--thanks for linking them in the OP, it's a great idea.

Can anyone comment on the co-op mode in the Orbz game?

Mushroom wars is very cool, but it has NO online multi-player and you can't play more than 1v1 with actual people(up to 3 cpus and a player though). Very fun game but without online or 4 player local co-op it doesn't offer a whole lot outside of the campaign.

I have 100% on Cuboid and really enjoyed it for the 3.5 hrs it lasted. Been waiting for a deal on Mushroom Wars, loved the demo.

[quote name='Vortextk']Mushroom wars is very cool, but it has NO online multi-player and you can't play more than 1v1 with actual people(up to 3 cpus and a player though). Very fun game but without online or 4 player local co-op it doesn't offer a whole lot outside of the campaign.[/QUOTE]

Can you go through the campaign in local co-op mode? or is it just skirmishes?

[quote name='Vortextk']Campaign is single-player, 2-player is only 1v1's(on your pick of map), and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Disappointing... but thanks for the info...

Getting Cuboid, friend might get Magic Orbz, and Mushroom Wars looked nice, but no online play means i'll be flipping a coin for that one.

[quote name='nightmare452']Magic Orbz, Cuboid, Digger HD might be good. Thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. I'll be picking up all 3 of them come Thursday.

Mahjong Tales is the only one I'm missing from that list so I will be grabbing that on Thursday. Thanks for the info.!

Their site says the sale is good for 2 weeks, so enough time to give this a trial. Will have to try the demos of a few and see how they are. Thanks OP.

Mushroom Wars 74 - 5 reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/mushroomwars?q=mushroom wars

Magic Orbz not listed

Digger HD 69 - 5 reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/diggerhd?q=digger hd

Cuboid 79 - 13 reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/cuboid?q=cuboid

Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom 47 - 9 reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/games/pla...ancientwisdom?q=Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos 48 - 5 reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/games/pla...lofdrchaos?q=interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos

Smash Cars 61 - 11 reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/smashcars?q=Smash Cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Mushroom Wars, Cuboid, and Digger HD for me. I'd throw Magic Orbz in as well, but I bought it when it was on sale with the add-on as a bundle ($12.99 for both). If you like Ricochet type games, you'll enjoy Magic Orbz.

Thinking about Magic Orbz. Should I wait for a sale on the bundle? Or what are the chances the add-ons will ever be on sale by themselves?

[quote name='shytface']Thinking about Magic Orbz. Should I wait for a sale on the bundle? Or what are the chances the add-ons will ever be on sale by themselves?[/QUOTE]

I'd buy the original for $4.99, and if you don't like it, no harm no foul. Maybe down the road the add-ons will be on sale too. If not, or you like the game so much you don't care, then you're still getting a better deal than I did for $12.99. ;)

Interpol is your standard I Spy-esque game....but with pain in the ass controls. And you'd think that because the game is really large on your screen that you'd be able to see the items better. Well, you'd be wrong.

In for Magic Orbz for me, Digger HD for my 4 yo to watch me play (since I've had to play the demo for him hundreds of times), maybe Cuboid.
I have a PSN Card from the Kmart 10 off 20 deal, so I'm set.

I liked the mushroom wars demo, but was waiting for a drop. $5 might be good for that.

Cuboid and Magic Orbz look interesting too. I know I probably won't get smash cars and definitely won't get digger though.

I've been checking all day for these deals to kick in; has the prices changed for anyone else...?

[quote name='ura']I've been checking all day for these deals to kick in; has the prices changed for anyone else...?[/QUOTE]

Nop, it updates when the store updates. Usually 5-9 pm, depends on timezone and where you live and what not.

definitely getting mushroom wars. thinking about cuboid, magic ball and digger hd.

i got smash cars the last time it was 50% off and I regret it. its fun in short bursts, but beyond that its not worth having in my opinion.

Here's my impressions based on watching videos:

Mushroom Wars - looks fun, but repetitive, how long will it be entertaining?, better for multiplayer.

Magic Orbz - looks like it can get boring fast, basic ball blasting game, simplistic, looks only fun for short durations.

Digger HD - repetitive, simplistic, looks only fun for short durations.

Cuboid - looks entertaining but I can see myself get stuck and not want to try to beat a certain level forever.

Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - never played mahjong.

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - looks frustrating and boring.

Smash Cars - looks entertaining for multiplayer, single player not so much.

I might pick up Mushroom Wars, but that would be the only one.

^I disagree and you say Repetitive too much, in fact you typed the word often so that would be repetitive. Anyways, smash cars is fun but the online doesn't have alot of people playing but I still enjoyed playing it. Magic orbz is okay but you will get bored of it quickly; cuboid is definately worth the purchase; mahjong tales is something that you would have to be a fan of to understand and enjoy it so i'm passing; interpol looks like fun for a bit and even on a big screen hd tv you can still miss a few things but it'll be fun that will last for awhile then you might not pick up for awhile again to play; mushroom wars reminds me of PixelJunk Monsters so if you like that type of game then you'll enjoy mushroom wars. Also, Echochrome is the deal of the week and it is priced at $4.99

[quote name='intoxicated662']^I disagree and you say Repetitive too much, in fact you typed the word often so that would be repetitive. Anyways, smash cars is fun but the online doesn't have alot of people playing but I still enjoyed playing it. Magic orbz is okay but you will get bored of it quickly; cuboid is definately worth the purchase; mahjong tales is something that you would have to be a fan of to understand and enjoy it so i'm passing; interpol looks like fun for a bit and even on a big screen hd tv you can still miss a few things but it'll be fun that will last for awhile then you might not pick up for awhile again to play; mushroom wars reminds me of PixelJunk Monsters so if you like that type of game then you'll enjoy mushroom wars. Also, Echochrome is the deal of the week and it is priced at $4.99[/QUOTE]

If some of the games are repetitive, then I'll say they are. It's not my fault they're repetitive. I just tried Mushroom Wars and it is fun but with no online play I guess I'm not getting that either.

Got Cuboid and Magic Orbz.

Cuboid is a nice little puzzle game. As long as you figure it out, you can always go back and do it faster. It'll probably be a little frustrating in future levels, but it keeps itself interesting with additions every so often.

Magic Orbz is Breakout 2000 + height and physics. Entertaining, though.

Smash cars looked silly, mushroom wars could do with online MP, Digger HD doesn't seem like it's worth it (i'd rather play a "new" game than a re-hashed one.)

With Interpol, i'd rather play MCF: Prime Suspects on bing. I get points on that one that could eventually lead to a prize, rather than pay $5 for 10 minutes of blah.

I am in for Cuboid, the others, I don't know yet. The ratings on most of the games seem pretty horrible. I might try checking out the ones that have demos (or do they all?).

bread's done
Back