Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off at Toys R Us - 4/2 and 4/3 Only

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13587[/IMG-R]Toys R Us is having a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on all in-stock video games today and tomorrow (4/2 and 4/3). Offer available online and in-store. Commercial was seen on Oxygen.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
ToysRUs.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh...Not that good of a deal for me...I was hoping for a B1G1 free....Or atleast a buy B2G1 free oh well. Thanx for the info though.

B1G1 50% off isn't bad, at least you aren't forced to buy 3 games at once. Though you save a bit more on B2G1 free. But yeah another B1G1 free please TRU!

This works awesome for me as I recently bought Bad Company 2 and did not open it. So I can return it and get something else for 50% off.

i wanna get borderlands, but im not sure what else to get :/ I've gotten a ton of games in march lol

edit - and maybe ninja gaiden sigma 2

I think the only full-price game I want right now that I don't have is Heavy Rain, probably not going to bite on anything here but thanks OP.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']It did happened for gamestop of all of places 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop deal was for USED games.

[quote name='ajumbaje']i wanna get borderlands, but im not sure what else to get :/ I've gotten a ton of games in march lol

edit - and maybe ninja gaiden sigma 2[/QUOTE]

You should hold off on Borderlands for a while, it just droped to $40 according to the Bestbuy ad that's posted (listed as price drop not sale)

[quote name='bg2001']OXYGEN (best network EVER!).[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go ahead and charge that one to the game but Thanks for the deal.

I might have to take advantage of that...

hopefully toysrus will have the Greatest Hits lower price on LBP GOTY & killzone 2 by friday would love to get those on the cheap

WTF I just bought final fantasy and MLB 10 last week when it was buy one get one 40% off -_-!!! If this is true I might just have to go back and return my MLB for store credit.

[quote name='joker______']hopefully toysrus will have the Greatest Hits lower price on LBP GOTY & killzone 2 by friday would love to get those on the cheap[/QUOTE]I was thinking the same thing.

Is there a place I can check my state tax , so I can figure out how much it will be exactly for 2 games at $59.99?

Would buy 2 get 1 be slightly a better deal because you get them all for $40? (If they're all $60.) And Buy 1 get 1 1/2 off is $45 each. (Before tax.)

If LBP is available next week, I might bite and use my $26 GC from FF13. Although I am still pissed from my last visit to TRU.

Tried to use it last week during B1/G1 40%, they wouldn't let me use my $10 coupon I got in the mail "they said it was because I was double dipping", I was like whatever fine. then asked to swap my $26 promo gc for a regular $30 gc. They said no, corporate won't let us swap gc. I wanted to argue that I was adding $$$ to my gc and has been done before. Dumb girl said the promo card is equivalent to a coupon. I wanted to smack this "Best Buy Reject" because I frustrated at the moment. I waited 10 minutes in line, because idiots had one register open and that same person was working the register and return area. I just walked out and left, instead of talking to a manager, it was Friday night and last thing I wanted to do was keep my gf waiting longer at the restaurant than she had too. With the service that day I expect the manager to say the same BS.

Cliffnotes: TRU customer service sucks and everyone's butt ugly, except when the senior folks are working. They seem happy to have a job like everyone should at the moment. I'm never going there again unless they have another BFBC glitch. Yes, I am MAD.

[quote name='hskr121']Would buy 2 get 1 be slightly a better deal because you get them all for $40? (If they're all $60.) And Buy 1 get 1 1/2 off is $45 each. (Before tax.)[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I'm holding out for B2G1 Free. I've gotten most everything new I want (and these sales are better on new things).

Don't they only do the B2G1 free in like october? Anyway this is a great time for me because I want to get Just Cause 2 and MLB 2k10

Also is this going to be online only or is it in store as well?

[quote name='CyReN']Any solid proof yet?[/QUOTE]

I've seen this reported by 3 different CAGs, this one yesterday, someone else the day before, and someone else almost a week ago so I'd say not to worry. It will probably be advertised on their website where their weekly ad is but it will be it's own special ad.

This is 100% happening ... there are ads running on cable and standard channels ... the only downside is that it's still $90 for two games ... without any other deals to stack it doesn't have quite the same luster as some of the other recent deals.

[quote name='etcrane']This is 100% happening ... there are ads running on cable and standard channels ... the only downside is that it's still $90 for two games ... without any other deals to stack it doesn't have quite the same luster as some of the other recent deals.[/QUOTE]
If JC2 is still running for $50 that means you could get them for 85 instead!!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal'].. is that a women's television network? o_O[/QUOTE]

It's like a trashier, sluttier version of lifetime. I can't stand it. I think my wife puts that channel on on purpose.

[quote name='themidnighter23']awaiting the inevitable math solving geniuses to say that B2G1 is better than B1 G1/2off[/QUOTE]

Are you implyin that it isn't?

[quote name='finstersucks']If LBP is available next week, I might bite and use my $26 GC from FF13. Although I am still pissed from my last visit to TRU.

Tried to use it last week during B1/G1 40%, they wouldn't let me use my $10 coupon I got in the mail "they said it was because I was double dipping", I was like whatever fine. then asked to swap my $26 promo gc for a regular $30 gc. They said no, corporate won't let us swap gc. I wanted to argue that I was adding $$$ to my gc and has been done before. Dumb girl said the promo card is equivalent to a coupon. I wanted to smack this "Best Buy Reject" because I frustrated at the moment. I waited 10 minutes in line, because idiots had one register open and that same person was working the register and return area. I just walked out and left, instead of talking to a manager, it was Friday night and last thing I wanted to do was keep my gf waiting longer at the restaurant than she had too. With the service that day I expect the manager to say the same BS.

Cliffnotes: TRU customer service sucks and everyone's butt ugly, except when the senior folks are working. They seem happy to have a job like everyone should at the moment. I'm never going there again unless they have another BFBC glitch. Yes, I am MAD.[/QUOTE]

So you're complaining that the employees were following corporate policy?

[quote name='ajumbaje']i wanna get borderlands, but im not sure what else to get :/ I've gotten a ton of games in march lol

edit - and maybe ninja gaiden sigma 2[/QUOTE]
Well unless things changed check your local Sears, they've been having Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on clearance for a while ($19.97). Good luck if you decide to look ;).

Get ready for a shitstorm if this is anything like the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 buy one get one half off. Here's hoping that they make the same mistake this time around, turning it into a B1G1.

It is slightly better to get B2G1 free than B1G1 1/2 off - assuming 60$ games, you pay 120 for 180 worth of games as opposed to 90 for 120 worth of games. This is because with B2G1 they are essentially allowing you to apply the "B1G1 half off" promotion towards the same game (1st full price game takes half off the 2nd game; 3rd game you add on takes the other half off of the 2nd game). It is unlikely they would allow you to apply the B1G1 1/2 off to an order of 3 games (that is, they'd force you to buy 4 games to get a total of 60$ in discounts)

Perhaps an easier way to compare for some is to look at the situation where you want to take home 6 total games.

- you use B2G1 promotion twice and pay 240$ for 360$ worth of games
- you use B1G1 1/2 off promotion three times and pay 270$ for 360$ worth of games

You shouldn't look at it from the perspective of "Oh, this game allows me to take 30$ off of another game for B1G1 1/2 off and B2G1 is 30$ off a game for 2 consecutive games - its the same discount" as they would not allow you to apply that discount consecutively without the purchase of an additional game (unless there is a TRU price error a la BFBC2 ^.^)

* Of course, you do end up putting out more overall money and you might stretch your gaming list thin to take advantage of the B2G1, but that is a different argument :D

Has anyone had success with people matching offers at Best Buy? So far my only battles with them have been with gift cards and pricing.

[quote name='joker______']hopefully toysrus will have the Greatest Hits lower price on LBP GOTY & killzone 2 by friday would love to get those on the cheap[/QUOTE]
This is what I'm hoping for as well

[quote name='Cmosfm']Buy 1 get 1 50% off on all games 39.99 or less.

fuck that noise, I should of went last week.[/QUOTE]

And it's on Wii games only. This sale is worthless...

OP, update the title please.

[quote name='Vinny']And it's on Wii games only. This sale is worthless...

OP, update the title please.[/QUOTE]

This is on all games. It is a different deal than listed in the Sunday deals thread.

[quote name='Vinny']And it's on Wii games only. This sale is worthless...

OP, update the title please.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, you guys aren't paying attention. This is a B1G1 50% off for this weekend. There is a B1G1 50% off dealing with Wii games, but this have nothing to do with this.

edit: ninja'd

My only concern is whether or not GS is doing a B2G1 anytime soon. I would definitely jump on this if the rumor of the next B2G1 is in June is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ciffy']anyone know if this is going to work on MS points?[/QUOTE]

No. Usually MS points and the like don't apply to these promotions.

bread's done
Back