CAGcast #194: Shipwreck's Burden

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I am listening and this is the SAME podcast as the one released a weeks ago , What gives ??[/QUOTE]Sorry, try again please.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I am listening and this is the SAME podcast as the one released a weeks ago , What gives ??[/QUOTE]

April Fools!!

I've gotta say, I'm disappointed the episode wasn't titled 13 Inches of Red Fury

And Wombat, I looked all over for you at PAX and never found you, gotta say I was disappointed, but there's always next year...

[quote name='abouttandoutt']post on itunes please[/QUOTE]

It's on itunes already. I'm downloading it right now.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']It was an honor to be quoted by the one and only CheaypD himself , lol[/QUOTE]

Well...you know. I quoted you too...so you know.

No need to point it out or anything. It's cool.

Keep up the protest Boat-crash, I love the original Skittles too. Killing background beats Wombat. Nice, April Fool's joke CheapyD. My stand on DLC content is that it should be reasonably priced and available in a timely fashion. Personality, I prefer to wait for Greatest Hits, Platinum Hits, or Game of the Year Editions that includes the game plus all the DLC content like Fallout 3 GotY, Mass Effect, and Midnight Club. I believe this is the best approach especially for Cheap Ass Gamers like myself who can wait to get the full and complete experience of a game.

Isn't PAX's motto "For Gamers, By Gamers" or something along that line?

Cheapy, you are wrong on the highest rated game on Metacritic. It is still The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, with a Metacritic score of 99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd just like to mention how awesome its been that you guys have been really consistent with the weekly CagCast lately. (Knock on wood)

half asleep I click on cag like WTF im top news? then I see 4/1/2010 in the corner like ahh lol got me

As for the guy suing game stop I don't know why you consider it so ridiculous.

I know its only 15$ but if he didn't sue then gamestop then the practice of employees not notifying the customers will definitely continue. Suing is a way of letting them know that its not acceptable to do this.

Was anyone else just a little worried when they saw the April fools post by Cheapy on the main page? It was a good joke though. The tag (your name here)isadouchebag was a nice touch.

So glad I got my new iPod Touch. Now I can download them while I am at work and not have to sync with my home computer or laptop. Will be a good listen for the ride home. Glade the shows are coming out consistently lately. I just probably jinxed it. The April fools joke was good.

Great podcast and I was lucky enough to meet Wombat, Mrs. Wombat and Sabrina at PAX East. I agree that CheapAssGamer needs a panel at PAX East.

Shipwreck, you need to take us on a tour of your house via camera, pictures. Something.

I've heard enough about this mansion you live in, I want to see it! Granted I am sure most of us are aware that Cheapy and Wombat are exaggerating when they talk about it. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that wants to see!

I was thinking of changing my tag to ...isadouchebag before I even saw today's gag post!

Great show as always guys. Part of me is glad that Wombat got a hearty round of applause at his talk and that he was able to mingle with the real "journalists" in the industry, and part of me thinks it would have been funny if he was shunned for being a cheapass{gamer}.

The weekly threesome is much more effective than before... I'm glad that shipwreck is on the show now. Has anyone registered the domain name ShipwreckmakesCAGCASTGOOD yet?

Excellent April Fools joke, almost had a heart attack.

Cheapy - Do you have a Crecente obsession? You spent like 20 minutes interjecting comments trying to egg Wombat into talking about Crecente. Methinks you're jealous of him (I understand, he's loaded, has a beautiful wife, works in the internet game industry, etc) but really, let it go. You're like Crecente junior with less hair. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you (and hey, far as I can tell, you're more generous).

Wombat - Here's the problem with Dragon Age Origins. Flip the box over. It says something along the lines of "Includes one time code for downloadable content etc"

Strictly speaking, the code could still be in the box. I've bought used games that had codes in them that weren't used (granted they weren't for things as big as the DAO DLC).

Really the way the publisher would defeat this issue is to put the sticky regarding a code inside on the shrinkwrap instead of on the box art. Once the game is opened, no issue.

Good show! I really loved hearing about PAX East with Wombat. Definitely my favorite part of this show, but the opening shower discussion made me laugh my ass off and I gotta say, I really share Cheapy's feelings on the whole thing. I can't stand dudes staring at my package.

Wombat, you should really go to more events, I wholeheartedly enjoy hearing about your adventures. You should try Web of Shadows, too. I just finished it up and it was pretty goo. Not perfect by any means, but still good. Better than Frien or Foe. Keep up the podcasting goodness, guys!

P.S. Cheapy, that was a freaking great April Fool's joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back