Red Faction Guerrilla For PC $10 Limited Time

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']How well does this game control on a PC , because I am very tempted to getting it ?[/QUOTE]

Moving around and doing 3rd person shooting with the keyboard and mouse works well; however, driving sucks. If you have a gamepad I recommend configuring the game to let you use the keyboard and mouse for the shooter sections and the gamepad to drive.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']How well does this game control on a PC , because I am very tempted to getting it ?[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, I actually prefer a game pad to a mouse and key board. I'm just used to it.

[quote name='icarusmight']So since this is a GFWL title you can exclusively use the gamepad throught out the whole game right? I.e. Batman, RE5?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can.

Tempting. This is at the price I was waiting for, but it would also mean I'd have to start using the GFWL service. I'll have to think about it.

Newbie question - what's the negatives to using the GFWL service now that it's free?

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Tempting. This is at the price I was waiting for, but it would also mean I'd have to start using the GFWL service. I'll have to think about it.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded this. It took 2 attempts to get it though. One thing I noticed. Am I crazy or is there an insane amount of screen tearing in the cutscenes? I don't know what option I'd need to set to alleviate this.

[quote name='kn00tcn']tearing = no vsync, turn it on...[/QUOTE]
The game doesn't even have a Vsynch option. I had to use D3doverride. Took care of the tearing though.

[quote name='jkimrey']Newbie question - what's the negatives to using the GFWL service now that it's free?[/QUOTE]

The service and the client are newer and not as polished as other, more experienced services. But maybe I'm just being cynical about that. The biggest downside for me is just having my games tied to one more service, as I already use Steam and GoG.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']The game doesn't even have a Vsynch option. I had to use D3doverride. Took care of the tearing though.[/QUOTE]

There is a patch that is supposed to be released any day now that will add an option for vsync, so you will no longer need to force it.

A slight follow up on the question about controls for this game. Perhaps I had my sensitivities set incorrectly, but this game plays much better on a pad than it does with keyboard and mouse. I'm using a PS3 controller with Motionjoy drivers (360 pad emulation) and it has enhanced the gameplay experience greatly.

bread's done
Back