Walmart chocked with PS3 bundles u cant miss!

well mabye chocked isnt the word, but at least stocked after this drought...anyway, didnt see this posted, only saw the walmart/batman $28 thread, but for those of you whove been lookin for the time to get a ps3 (aside from black friday) check out walmarts bundles:

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...ystation+3+bundle&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

1) PlayStation 3 Customer's Choice Bundle $400
Value Bundle Includes:
Choice of PS3 Console
2 Wireless Controllers
Choice of 2 Games

2) PlayStation 3 Starter Bundle $340
Value Bundle Includes
Choice of PS3 Console
Choice of Game

3) PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Bundle $350
Value Bundle Includes:
Choice of PS3 Console*
Sony Blu-ray Remote
Choice of Game
Choice of Blu-ray

of course, base prces are basd upon your option choices for the extra stuff, but ay, who da fuck could beat a deal like dat when gettin a 250gb slim for $400 was a deal on ebay uh

Consoles aside, they got some kinda 2 games for$30 typa shit goin on, check it out ya cheapasses, arite drop da motzas and gefilltes n get on over to walmar

HAPPY EASITER AND HAPPY PASS OVER AND HAPPY RELIGION

Last edited by a moderator:
Link

Hopefully that link works...

The deal only applies to the 120gb models. If you choose the 250gb model you have to add $50 to the price.

For the Blu-ray bundle you can only choose 2 movies to add, the game and accessory are only discounted and add to the price. Customer's Choice imperatively adds the 2nd controller for $15.

Tempting, but probably not good timing for me. I'd totally get the Customer's Bundle with Uncharted and Heavy Rain... but I just spent way too much last week thanks to EA and GS Game Days. Thanks OP. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
true, but $15 is better than its real price (like $50 or something, right?)...thats why i hinted that it has twinge to it, but still, its real hard to find ps3's right now as far as im concerned (locally, that is, whifh is unebelieve even for/in nyc, and unless u get the first 50 sold on a site, your gona get a backorder these days probly).

something fishy tho, deals upon deals, without much change to anything, i think its the foreshadowing of something big, perhaps semi-virtual reality tv/gamves via HD-3d gaming/blue ray, and imagine the accessories haha

anyway, hope this was oof SOME help, at least to members especially those crazy x fans ;) so they, as in the general public "they" of course, could get a great deal. if ne1 notice my intro post in the ps3 forum *OH YEAH cuz its that important right

but seirously, i wasnt even into the side wars, but when i watched sony end up winning the champ card cuz bluray and the "Free" shit, i knew id get blueray for my hdtv anyway, so the price drop+holidays+bday couldnt be better timing.

also, ne1 whos read my other (few ) threads, i ended up with both God of war 3 and BBBC2 on a pretty good deal i think , so no more games till xmas (or if i can refexvely recycle my freinds collection), and then manage to somehow trade stuff for 3d det heroes and red ded redemption

those 2 titles look supberg

To: Anyone that buys one of these PS3s

Please report back whether you were able to get the new sku: CECH-2101A (120gb) or CECH-2101B (250gb). There is speculation that the new sku is for hdmi 1.4, up from 1.3 on older ps3 slims.

its just that, speculation, i saw that same spec prevoiusly and it did incite a clueless painic, i realized its not even very credible to begin with. remember the days when ps2 was supposed to play every single thiing on earth?....

i highly doubt that upgrade will even be included (visbily on sight) unless you look at the owners manual, video games are like the used car industry alotta times: they try to get ya to buy something without really getting to know whast under the hood...

remember too, to speculate, sonys just turnin around and its like a fuckin whirlwind kick, u know what im sayin, they wouldnt wanna piss of slim owners who were theyre saviors (november - present) otherwise we gota console bank bailoutsiutatiou on our hands if ya know what i mean

sonys very smart, 3d gaming coiniciding with a very nice pre-inter-post holiday season blu rayin n sick deals, to current markets, and what sthis....3d goty ps3 launch at the same time as 3d sony tv launch, id grow hair on my eye pupil if that isnt the case: my spec is 2 more upgrades for their strategy:250 slim as is...either a 500gb or 1 tb le, but thats unlikely in my eyes) thats 1.4 hdmi + Extra hardware of that year/era,....but hardware is 3d ready, and im sure its no coincidenc at all. remember, tooo, the company was said to have just made cheaper parts beause the patent wore

anyway, please suggest some games to my roster if u can, and also....if you could trade INFAMOUS and R&C: Tools of desttruction for God of War collection, would you do it? (especially ps3 owners cuz i konw a lota x box people dont like these games for exclusive reasons lol)

peace bredren, rock ya game

I'm not sure if this thread is about getting a bundle or getting a PS3 and having to buy it in bundle. If the latter....the Targets in my area had several 250 gbs (went to 4 stores Thurs and all had them).

no man, check the link/OP: you have some decent bundles, which i mentioned for people complain of droubts in their areas, and also to say they have 2 games for $15 for select games (some good).

chrislisting,

i agree with your points. however, we still don't know how the upcoming firmware will rectify the problem of 3d over 1.3. it is probable that they (sony) are building software/technology into their own line of tvs that will be able to read the ps3 data and display it accordingly. but that still leaves the problem of 3d on tv's from other manufacturers. a 1.4 hdmi update would guarantee vendor-neutral 3d compatibility, and thus allow us to buy a 3d tv from any manufacturer.

Still would be cheaper to order everything from Amazon because of no tax and charging $15 extra for controller:

Amazon-
PS3- $299
GoW 3- $55
GoW Collection- $30
Controller- $44

Total: $428

Walmart Bundle-

$414 total + tax =
$438 here in Michigan

Also Walmart bundle only include 1 extra controller not two

[quote name='PublikDefender']chrislisting,

i agree with your points. however, we still don't know how the upcoming firmware will rectify the problem of 3d over 1.3. it is probable that they (sony) are building software/technology into their own line of tvs that will be able to read the ps3 data and display it accordingly. but that still leaves the problem of 3d on tv's from other manufacturers. a 1.4 hdmi update would guarantee vendor-neutral 3d compatibility, and thus allow us to buy a 3d tv from any manufacturer.[/QUOTE]
the ps3 is getting ready for 3d gaming?

silly 3-D glasses to play games as well?
LOL

[quote name='PublikDefender']To: Anyone that buys one of these PS3s

Please report back whether you were able to get the new sku: CECH-2101A (120gb) or CECH-2101B (250gb). There is speculation that the new sku is for hdmi 1.4, up from 1.3 on older ps3 slims.[/QUOTE]
Well this thread tanked nicely. Since it's sinking...

I'm not trying to be accusatory, merely curious but where did you hear about the 1.4 rumour? I have heard the RSX rumours as well as the new hard drive manufacturer rumours but I haven't heard anything about 1.4. That would be awesome. However the 2100's have been in the wild in Japan for a while now and something as huge as a bump to 1.4 would almost certainly have been reported.

[quote name='z3razerviper']whats this about a new version of the slim that I have not heard about?[/QUOTE]
The PS3 slim has undergone a minor internal revision. This is perfectly natural as the PS3 phatty underwent several minor revisions until the slim was ultimately released.

As the Count points out above, not much of a deal. Even for Alaska with no tax the bundle I'm interested in is only $2 cheaper than Amazon for the things I picked. But whatever, thanks OP for letting us know these things are in stock again.

hey no problemo. i know around nyc theyre tough to find, so gettin it online is usually the only resort, and good deals go fast, so i hope it helps someone somewhere....peace

[quote name='SV11bucksfan']I think chrislisting meant to say "stocked" not "chocked" when he made this thread. :p[/QUOTE]

I thought he meant chocked as in "chock full," or maybe choked as in "they have so many they're choking on them."

don't worry about hard drive size. buy a 500 gig from newegg or wherever and switch it out right away. between installs, media, and psn games you'll be happy you did a year down the line. certainly don't make HD size a factor in purchasing... it's the easiest fix ever.

Kinda lame to only pick from classic titles for one game and then pick from newer selection as second choice. Good for someone who wants Uncharted and Uncharted 2 i suppose.

you know, i dont know WTF to do with my 250 gigs. i have 11 games, but the sys info says like there 190/230gb free....what can i fill this space in since that firmware update? is there a place to download HD movies or something in mpeg format? im a noob so please keep that in mind, and with this hackproof ps3 ieverything i heard about what u can do with it has changed....

so what can i do with my space (dont really care to download pics/music), and how can i get movies?

PlayStation 3 Customer's Choice Bundle

• Choose Your Extra Wireless Controller
    (Sony DualShock 3 Wireless Controller, Blue (PS3)) $40
  • Choose Second Game
    (God of War III (PS3)) +60
  • Choose First Game
    (God of War Collection (PS3)) $30
  • Choose Your Console
    (PlayStation 3 120GB Console) $300

I just did the math and its not worth it for the Customer's choice, they charged me like $15 shipping, and that is the standard shipping.

It came to 428 with all the options I picked above including shipping, BUT retail price for them is about 430 + tax, I guess the only savings here is tax. (NOTE: I put the actual retail price next to the choices).

bread's done
Back