GameStop.com MLB 2k10 Download $3 Opening Day Only (April 5th)

I would give it a try on pc for that price to go with the show.

But I dont have a gamepad. So idk lol. Also it's april 5th :p

There anything to confirm this ?

I know ive heard a shit ton of bad things about this game, but for 2.50 ill have to check it out.

It just sounds unheard of

gsmlbemail.jpg

No worries. Not gonna lie, I have The Show and my laptop isn't good enough for most games, but $3 might be worth it for kicks & giggles

I haven't bought a baseball game since my beloved MVP 2005 for my Gamecube.

For $2.99...I'll give it a shot. Even better if Steam matches the price! :)

Wow I know this game has been terrible the last few years, but this is ridiculous, it's been out a month. I'm loving the Show right now, but for $3, I'll get it to play around with.

I first thought it was a misprint since it sells for 29.99 right now. I wonder how bad it is for them to sell it dirt cheap....lol.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I haven't bought a baseball game since my beloved MVP 2005 for my Gamecube. [/QUOTE]

MVP 2005 = best baseball game ever.

Last year I bought The Show 09 and replaced the soundtrack with the MVP 05 songs.

Last year was the first year Visual Concepts took over the series. They kindof went back to the basics, but in turn also ran into alot of technical issues. I've heard alot of them have been fixed with 2010, but I'm a show player so it's hard to top that.

However the fielding and hitting and pitching controls in 2010 seem to add some fun to it.

I do not know where my head is tonight, I got the price right in my OP but not in the title :???: and then originally putting March :bomb:

MVP Baseball 2005 was also the last baseball game I bought.

Yes this has online from what I read. This is really tempting even though I wanted a 360 version.

[quote name='dcm1602']And opening day is tommorow April 4th , yanks vs red sox no ?[/QUOTE]
thats opening night, opening day is when all the teams play their first game

[quote name='chrollo']thats opening night, opening day is when all the teams play their first game[/QUOTE]

except there are a few teams that don't start until April 6th this year

MLB is just odd

I really ought to bust out Frontpage Sports Baseball 1998 again. I loved that game. Wonder if it'd even run on Windows 7?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm gonna buy this, I play the show but will give 2k another shot, for $3 f-ing bucks.[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing this year and bought the 360 version. Seriously it's like 95% better. Is it better than The Show? In some ways YES in others NO.

mmm...this sounds wayy too tempting.

i think i can give 2k another shot for $3. I also agree with all those who say MVP 2005 is one of the best baseball games. ah, the hours wasted on that game..

Ok even though I already have and love the Show on PS3 I'm just going to buy this tomorrow. I mean c'mon.....THREE DOLLARS lol?!?!!??! Maybe if enough people buy it the game will grow a large mod community on PC, even if not it's still worth the risk.

[quote name='cgarb84']Ok even though I already have and love the Show on PS3 I'm just going to buy this tomorrow. I mean c'mon.....THREE DOLLARS lol?!?!!??! Maybe if enough people buy it the game will grow a large mod community on PC, even if not it's still worth the risk.[/QUOTE]

Same here. For $3 and it supports the xbox 360 controller. You can't beat it. I just hope the HTPC can handle it.

I don't even play baseball games, but for $3 I'll give it a shot. Wonder if GameStop's site will get hammered tomorrow.

[quote name='jp0213']I don't even play baseball games, but for $3 I'll give it a shot. Wonder if GameStop's site will get hammered tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

LOL. They'll find a way to screw it up.

[quote name='doodofdoods']$3? I'm in. What's Gamestops DD service like?[/QUOTE]

Second. I'm getting a new computer in 2 months that could play this, can I download it later?

this is an insane deal...just goes to show how bad 2k baseball has become, not to mention PC gaming's price drops are crazy...

World Series Baseball 2k3 on xbox and early espn baseball 2k titles were the best ever

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']this is an insane deal...just goes to show how bad 2k baseball has become, not to mention PC gaming's price drops are crazy...

World Series Baseball 2k3 on xbox and early espn baseball 2k titles were the best ever[/QUOTE]

This game isn't bad by any means. (Especially when compared with 2k8 - that was the last baseball game I played on a console). They need to add collision though.

Definitely enjoy the career mode better than The Show's offering. You earn points for defense also. Not just for purely offensive plays which makes it more well rounded.

I'll definately play this game for 3 bucks. The only thing that irks me is the wholly generic pitching stances and batting stances. But VC seems to have done a pretty good job this year. It's only their second year with the series though.

bread's done
Back