amazon.jp now selling the new ps3 sku: cech 2100a (will be 2101a in N.America)

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/o/ASIN/B003EELOOU/twtt-22
ps3 slim cech 2100a (japan) will be cech 2101a in north america.
The last digit (0 for japan or 1 for north america) denotes the region. The letter at the end of the sku denotes the hard drive size. So this amazon link is for the japanese 120gb version.
2101a is the 120gb while 2101b is the 250gb version.

there doesn't appear to be a price change.
¥ 28 481 = 301.471385 US$

in addition, i found a video of the new ps3.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcp48e_ps3-120gb-version-cech-2100a-yyy_videogames
any noticeable differences from the video?

we should try to update this thread as tech specs become available. if anyone that speaks japanese could report back with additional info, that'd be great.

update: the rsx chip (gpu) is 45 nm.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/hetmk73/archives/51650133.html

i also found a japanese price comparison site for different vendors selling the new ps3:
http://hakata.pc-bomber.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=252221000119900
Could someone check out these vendor pages as well and report back?

More info is needed regarding power consumption and whether there is an hdmi upgrade to 1.4

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.jp usually doesn't ship hardware to USA also including; some cds, all adult content excluding adult manga, anime content, applications and operating systems.

国外配送の制限: この商品は、日本国外にお届けすることができません。

This is actually a little nice for the deals thread if anybody is looking in buying a Ps3 soon but wants more HD space...

...but it still belongs in General Gaming

i bought a new ps3 slim (current version) so i've kinda lost interest in this thread i started. if anyone wants to take over or use my initial research elsewhere, feel free.

Awesome topic! I'm actually going to buy a PS3, but I'm waiting for any confirmation on whether or not Amazon is selling the cech-2101 version or not. It says Newest model but I'm not sure if they are referring to the slim, or the 2101. But yeah, this topic is the most comprehensive on this issue, surprised no one else is looking into this. But the 45nm RSX is definitely good to hear.

the ps3 i bought is actually from amazon, so i'll let you guys know whether it is the 2101 when it arrives. i highly doubt it will be though.

Someone on the IGN boards said that the last time new models got listed with the FCC they made it to store shelves in about 3 months. I am hoping we will see the 2101's this month but remember this is pure speculation.

just got the ps3 in the mail from amazon. it is the old version cech 2001a. it did come with the netflix disc. my previous ps3 slim didn't come with that.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Someone at GAF is claiming the 2101's are on store shelves however he has NO proof of this. Take it with a fistful of salt.[/QUOTE]
I read that. He said he saw them at Best Buy. Anyone want to make some calls?

[quote name='dreamsINdigital']I read that. He said he saw them at Best Buy. Anyone want to make some calls?[/QUOTE]
I scoped out my locals today and there weren't even any on shelves to check out (except Tekken bundles) so I'll check again later this week.

translated from: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1416833&postcount=50
seems to be more power efficient:

Bundle Torne arrive today CECH-2100B (FW3.20) power is examined

Idol 67-70W
BD EVA1.11 1080-24p 68-70W
BD EVA1.11 1080-60p 72W

DR DTB playback BD 1080 Record-60p 75-76W
DVD 1080-60p 74-75W

With the purchase last month CECH-2000B (FW3.15)

Idol 73-77W
BD EVA1.11 1080-24p 70-72W
BD EVA1.11 1080-60p -

DR DTB playback BD 1080 Record-60p 85W
DVD 1080-60p 80-81W

GAME
NFS-shift when racing demo

CECH-2100B (FW3.20)
73-78W

CECH-2000B (FW3.15)
85-92W

Notes: This japanese blog post refers to the "torne" bundle. The torne is just a japanese tv tuner + dvr appliance that allows video streaming/recording terrestrial hd broadcasts. The 60p and 24p refer to the framerate (progressive scan). Looks like a difference of 10 Watts druing the need for speed shift demo.

That's exactly what I'm looking for since I run mine 24/7. If I remember correctly my 60gig cranked around 200w active and the 40 gig was closed to 140. 70 is fantastic.

idk if my post was deleted, but i remember posting that my freind whos a programmer for a PSP game software company said there's no difference at all. just a different manufacturer

lol hur hur good one dick. the cynicism on this site is astounding. unless you actually have your own benchmark tests and some kind of actual knowledge of cpu programming or architecture, id rather listen to "my freinds" i mean "my mothers" crap than your stupid shit

oooooooooooooooo 45nm coooool, now please tell everyone what the clock difference is between that and 65nm, and what a major power difference!!!.....

ill jump the gun, not only do you not know, but its such a negligible difference that you wouldnt even notice it if you did know, no one would except maybe a robot. leave the hardware and specs for the programmers to worry about instead of soundin like you know what your talkin about...

can you even read japanese? cuz even if u can, most people here probably cant, so what a useless link, almost as useful as your joke lol

[quote name='chrislisting']lol hur hur good one dick. the cynicism on this site is astounding. unless you actually have your own benchmark tests and some kind of actual knowledge of cpu programming or architecture, id rather listen to "my freinds" i mean "my mothers" crap than your stupid shit

oooooooooooooooo 45nm coooool, now please tell everyone what the clock difference is between that and 65nm, and what a major power difference!!!.....

ill jump the gun, not only do you not know, but its such a negligible difference that you wouldnt even notice it if you did know, no one would except maybe a robot. leave the hardware and specs for the programmers to worry about instead of soundin like you know what your talkin about...

can you even read japanese? cuz even if u can, most people here probably cant, so what a useless link, almost as useful as your joke lol[/QUOTE]

What's the matter noob, u mad?

I bought a Slim from Amazon.com on April 22(shipped April 26 - 12:56:07 AM) & it's a CECH-2100A. Also when I tried to register online the bar code(CG*********) showed as "Invalid" so I contacted Sony with my info and this was the reply:

Thank you for writing us about registering your PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system. I registered your system using the provided information. Keep in mind that registering within our consumer database does not guarantee you warranty.

Some products may not be recognized yet and cannot be registered online. It is NOT required that you register your product in order to qualify for support or warranty service, under SCEA's warranty service policies.

Confirmed new CECH-2100 PS3 Slims use 45nm GPUs! - PlayStation.com Forums:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/...CH-2100-PS3-Slims-use-45nm-GPUs/td-p/45566569

[quote name='retail sucks']I bought a Slim from Amazon.com on April 22(shipped April 26 - 12:56:07 AM) & it's a CECH-2100A. Also when I tried to register online the bar code(CG*********) showed as "Invalid" so I contacted Sony with my info and this was the reply:

[/b]

Confirmed new CECH-2100 PS3 Slims use 45nm GPUs! - PlayStation.com Forums:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/...CH-2100-PS3-Slims-use-45nm-GPUs/td-p/45566569[/QUOTE]

Amazing, I can't wait to order one when Amazon has them in stock again.

[quote name='alpha001']Amazing, I can't wait to order one when Amazon has them in stock again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed there were only 5 in stock when posted earlier.

[quote name='retail sucks']I bought a Slim from Amazon.com on April 22(shipped April 26 - 12:56:07 AM) & it's a CECH-2100A.[/QUOTE]
Two thumbs way the fuck up. Now I play the waiting game with Amazon.

[quote name='retail sucks']I bought a Slim from Amazon.com on April 22(shipped April 26 - 12:56:07 AM) & it's a CECH-2100A. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='SovietSlayer']can you put a pic of that 2100 box up?[/QUOTE]

+1

some members on amazon are still getting the older models that were purchased this month. (may)

So these are finally back in stock with Amazon. Any confirmation that these are the 2100's? Is it possible to confirm with customer service? Last time I contacted CS they gave me some bizarre reply about the PS3 stand.

bread's done
Back