Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell : Conviction Preorder 39.99 + FS on Dell

Great deal. C'mon Amazon, match that price!

BTW : Since the game isn't coming out for the PS3, you might want to change that icon.

[quote name='youngavatar']good deal except that dell shipping is usually 6.99 unless they got free shipping[/QUOTE]

Free shipping is in the title....

Unless people start cancelling in droves, I sincerely doubt they'll match...

Which sucks, cause then I'd get it for $18 -- but I consider $29 a bargain already.

C'mon amazon! :p

[quote name='earvcunanan']Good price on a game that isn't out yet, but this is a Ubisoft title so I'm waiting until it hits the sub-$20 mark.[/QUOTE]
:imwithst: This game is going to be in the bargain bin within a few months.

[quote name='Danil ACE']:imwithst: This game is going to be in the bargain bin within a few months.[/QUOTE]

Yea, especially since the demo wasn't all that great (IMO) I doubt it will sell as well as a Splinter Cell game should.

[quote name='mindsale']"+FS on Dell"

I don't see any free shipping.[/QUOTE]

This is what it shows for me.

Delivery Option
7 Day Delivery - Standard Delivery. Your order will be delivered up to 7 days after it ships.
$0.00 ($6.99 - $6.99)

Anyone actually ever pre-order a game from Dell? If I'm gonna have to wait awhile for it, I'd probably just rather wait a bit longer and find this on clearance...which is probably likely...

[quote name='Aleman']Yea, especially since the demo wasn't all that great (IMO) I doubt it will sell as well as a Splinter Cell game should.[/QUOTE]

I've played the demo and imo, it controls better than all previous versions. I don't like the fact that the screen becomes black & white to indicate that the enemies can't see you but it looks like they've managed to make some improvements with controls and visuals.

Fortunately, I now know better to not buy a game the day or week it comes out because the price fluctuates in the following months. I love the game but I'll wait.

Oh yeah, thanks op :D

I stand corrected. I'm considering this now - even though I thought the demo was thoroughly meh. If I got this by the 19th, beat it by the 24th, and then maximized my trade value to gamestop I'd get MAYBE $27.50 trade-in value (guessing it'll be $25 +2.50 EDGE). So it'd be a 12.50 five-day rental. I don't know.

in for one. cancelled my preorder from amazon and saved $5 bucks with this deal. $41.99 after tax shipped free to VA. thanks CAG!

addtl info: JIC anyones concerned with delivery dates, estimated delivery is 04/22/2010.

[quote name='Aleman']Yea, especially since the demo wasn't all that great (IMO) I doubt it will sell as well as a Splinter Cell game should.[/QUOTE]I haven't played Splinter Cell since the first one, and after the demo I preordered it; so I wouldn't be so sure.

[quote name='poker360']i have a feeling i know why this game is getting so cheap before release.

flop.[/QUOTE]

"Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!" :D

[quote name='poker360']i have a feeling i know why this game is getting so cheap before release.

flop.[/QUOTE]

BC 2 was 40 at launch as well.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']BC 2 was 40 at launch as well.[/QUOTE]

It was 60 with 20 credit. I don't remember it being 40 anywhere.

yeah i think poker 360 is on to something here. I have never seen such low prices for a game like this before.

[quote name='poker360']It was 60 with 20 credit. I don't remember it being 40 anywhere.[/QUOTE]

2 weeks later it was $40 from Amazon. Technically NOT launch date but I think I'll wait for something similar before picking up Splinter Cell.

Can't pass up this deal. I have ordered from Dell before. More than likely you get the game before their designated ship date. But if I have to wait until the 22nd so be it for 20 bucks off.:)

Geez, I'm tempted to cancel my amazon order and place it at newegg, I have it for 37.99 on amazon right now after coupon and GC. $40 is a steal!

Contacting Dell about an item you haven't received is a nightmare. Hours and hours on hold and TONS of Indian people with pretend Anglo names.

Ehhh think I'd rather pay the extra few bucks for doing business with Amazon. Least I know I'll get it soon and if something goes wrong they'll fix it.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Ehhh think I'd rather pay the extra few bucks for doing business with Amazon. Least I know I'll get it soon and if something goes wrong they'll fix it.[/QUOTE]

True. I mean christ, Amazon gave me like $20 back just for a broken ODST case through shipment. Amazon has generally helped me out with any issues I have. Plus I already have a Amazon CC so I get points through buying it there.

I just wish Amazon would match Dell/Wal-Mart. Seems they've been taken their sweet time matching Wal-Mart and what not lately. Still waiting for the $10 gift card on SSFIV and that's just days away, same for this game.

I believe that Amazon is going to pass on the Dell Splinter Cell price match.

But what is going on with the Walmart deal ($50 + $10 GC)...Amazon hates
Walmart beating them on deals.

[quote name='dax93']I believe that Amazon is going to pass on the Dell Splinter Cell price match.

But what is going on with the Walmart deal ($50 + $10 GC)...Amazon hates
Walmart beating them on deals.[/QUOTE]

Good. That means lower prices + free 2 day shipping for me :)...:p.

I think this game is going to similar to that other Ubisoft game, AC2. It's gonna be a pretty good game, but drop in price quickly. So I'll wait for $29 on this one.

[quote name='robpe36']I think this game is going to similar to that other Ubisoft game, AC2. It's gonna be a pretty good game, but drop in price quickly. So I'll wait for $29 on this one.[/QUOTE]

The Ubisoft quick pricedrops go much further back than Assassin's Creed 2...

That having been said, I agree with you. I've waited this long, what's a couple months more?

flop.[/QUOTE]
hehehe ironic that you have tony hawk ride as your most recent played games, back on topic thanks op ill order 2

[quote name='ajh2298']Very surprised that I got my copy already from dell.com was expecting to wait a few more days to get it at least.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got mine today via UPS. Getting a game the day after release with free shipping AND $20 off? That is some great customer servive, Dell. Thanks again, OP!

[quote name='mxpowar']Yeah, I got mine today via UPS. Getting a game the day after release with free shipping AND $20 off? That is some great customer servive, Dell. Thanks again, OP![/QUOTE]

No prob, got my copy today as well, very pleasantly surprised.

Yep, got my copy today also. Like I said before, I have always gotten my games from Dell way before they said. Did not mind waiting 2 extra days for 20 bucks off.:)

bread's done
Back