GoGamer Madness: SFIV FightPads $20 and More

I can play just fine with a DS3 controller...but how are the fight pads compared to a DS3? Are they actually worth it or should I just keep waiting for a good deal on a fight / tournament stick instead?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I can play just fine with a DS3 controller...but how are the fight pads compared to a DS3? Are they actually worth it or should I just keep waiting for a good deal on a fight / tournament stick instead?[/QUOTE]

If you're going to shell out extra money just for an improved way of playing fighting games, go for a stick.

The SE recently dropped to $40, and the TE is at $99 -- both at Amazon.

Although note that you will have to install improved buttons in the SE for $20 or so -- the stock ones only last a month.

[quote name='panzerfaust']If you're going to shell out extra money just for an improved way of playing fighting games, go for a stick.

The SE recently dropped to $40, and the TE is at $99 -- both at Amazon.

Although note that you will have to install improved buttons in the SE for $20 or so -- the stock ones only last a month.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've seen the modding videos to replace the stick/buttons to Sanwa parts for the SE. Apparently the stick is a Sanwa knockoff so it will be around $30-40 total. The TE for $99 seems like a great price...but I think I will wait then until there is a really great deal for a TE. Thanks Panzer!

Been waiting for a good price on a Cammy PS3 pad to go with my PS3 stick, and this is even cheaper than the Mad Catz 30% off promos they've been running lately.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yeah I've seen the modding videos to replace the stick/buttons to Sanwa parts for the SE. Apparently the stick is a Sanwa knockoff so it will be around $30-40 total. The TE for $99 seems like a great price...but I think I will wait then until there is a really great deal for a TE. Thanks Panzer![/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, none of the TE sticks have been any cheaper than $90 new, and that was a one-weekend sale at Fry's. The cheapest new they've been is $100 to my knowledge.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yeah I've seen the modding videos to replace the stick/buttons to Sanwa parts for the SE. Apparently the stick is a Sanwa knockoff so it will be around $30-40 total. The TE for $99 seems like a great price...but I think I will wait then until there is a really great deal for a TE. Thanks Panzer![/QUOTE]

$100 for a TE is seriously a good deal. Anything lower will be incredibly, incredibly rare. Unless the SSFIV sticks bomb hard, I guess.

I'd kind of like the Bison one, but I don't really have the 20 dollars to waste on something so arbitrary I guess. Seems like a decent price. What's the MSRP?

Must be my lucky night in one way. I was thinking today I want a fight pad/rocketfish controller. Someone posted the Rocketfish controller for 14.99 and now I see the fight pads for 19.90. Only bad thing is I don't have the money for a fight pad. I bought a used one a long time which was a mistake. I was willing to give it another chance. Great deal on those pads.

[quote name='SDC']$100 for a TE is seriously a good deal. Anything lower will be incredibly, incredibly rare. Unless the SSFIV sticks bomb hard, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Well...it appears Amazon dropped the old TE to $99 because of the release of the Round 2 sticks. Regardless...I'm sure I'll see the original TE stick for cheaper after the release of the game.

Worst case scenario, I just get the SE and mod it. Thanks guys!

DONT

went through 2 myself and was quite upset (paid retail). I waited for a TE stick and it makes you WAY better.

Some people tend to have better luck than others with those things. If you play SFIV a lot like me, it will break

[quote name='kurrptsenate']DONT

went through 2 myself and was quite upset (paid retail). I waited for a TE stick and it makes you WAY better.

Some people tend to have better luck than others with those things. If you play SFIV a lot like me, it will break[/QUOTE]

If you meant that for me...I assume then you mean don't go for the SE and bother modding it? If so, that will be my last resort. I plan on getting the old TE, but $100 is a little steep for me right now...considering I still have Red Dead Redemption and UFC 2010 to get next month. I'm totally comfortable using the DS3, so I can wait a bit more.

It will suck though if the original TE's sell out before they go below $100...

[quote name='kurrptsenate']DONT

Some people tend to have better luck than others with those things. If you play SFIV a lot like me, it will break[/QUOTE]

You broke your SEs before/during/ or after modding them?

I'm thinking of either getting a sanwa stick in my SE (already have the buttons), or just getting a new stick later this year.

How long does it take for GoGamer to ship. Bought JC2 for $30 last sale and it's been closed and said it's shipped, but it's not being tracked?

Confused :(

[quote name='TheKbob']How long does it take for GoGamer to ship. Bought JC2 for $30 last sale and it's been closed and said it's shipped, but it's not being tracked?

Confused :([/QUOTE]

I got my order yesterday and i couldn't track mine either so i assume yours is already on the way

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Tekken 6 Xbox 360: $57.90
Tekken 6 PS3: $29.90

o_O[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it for $20 more. I only mention that because when
I try to get GoGamer to ship stuff to me, they want to screw
me on shipping.

Is that the 'o rly' owl?

Game I ordered from the last Madness appears to be a reseal and the case is broken. I order many games; this is a first. Buyer beware.

fightpad blows, I can't imagine going back to pad after using OBSF sanwa buttons on SF 4, timing is crucial when chaning shorts and jabs.

Also modding the SE stock button wasn't exactly a quick disconnect like others say so, it took a serious yank! I broke one of the stock buttons on it...The stick and ball handle itself is much easier to drop in and replace

[quote name='earvcunanan']Should I get a stick or fightpad for BlazBlue?[/QUOTE]

You'll be happy to know that you'll lose either way simply by playing Blazblue.

But seriously, are you prepared to learn to use a stick for a game? It will take weeks, maybe even months to get back to where you were on a pad. The fightpad is an easier transition due to the familiarity with the gamepad, and it helps with 360s because it's easier to do the motion on those, however with a joystick it's universal between the consoles so you don't have to get boned at a tournament or when playing at an arcade.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I can play just fine with a DS3 controller...but how are the fight pads compared to a DS3? Are they actually worth it or should I just keep waiting for a good deal on a fight / tournament stick instead?[/QUOTE]

If you prefer pads to sticks, these pads are awesome. I preordered the Blanka one for $40 and haven't regretted it a bit. This is my favorite D-Pad of all time, finally surpassing my previous favorite: the sega genesis 6-button arcade pad.

I also have a TE stick and I love them both. Pad is great for carrying to other people's houses in my backpack, or if I just want a quick game and don't feel like setting up a stand to place the stick on.

Very temped to get a 360 fightpad, my thumbs wear out pretty easily when using the dpad, but its been a while since I've played a fighter so Im not sure if I would jump back in so quickly

Blanka fightpad is 34.90? Weird. I guess it must be popular. I got my Blanka fightpad ages ago. And I'm in agreement with gamerdogbert - love my fightpads.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sales are not price drops.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about their sale prices. Most of the same stuff was on sale last time. If the prices have been lower, why would you want to buy now?

I have both a fightpad and a TE stick and both are equally impressive. I know people have said they had problems with their fightpads, but I've never run into such problems. It's also great to use to play arcade games [orrrrrr Mega Man collection games =)]. The TE sticks are of such great quality, I just wish I had one of the second editions as they look more suave. I'm thinking about getting a fightpad for the PS3....agghhhh i probably don't need it but that's so cheappppp.

Edit: Just went ahead and got myself a little Street Fighter Alpha 3 for PSone from Goozex. Loved that game back then, cheap "buy" to use my fightpad with.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MPoWeRM3']what's the difference between round 1 and round 2 pads and sticks?[/QUOTE]

Pads: Different art.

Sticks: Different art and slightly different design (but same parts).

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']what's the difference between round 1 and round 2 pads and sticks?[/QUOTE]
Appearance.
Here's a Round 1 TE
8838.gif

And a Round 2
SF4-RD2-8838.jpg

Now there are also the Tournament Edition S with where released to coincide with Super Streer Fighter IV. They have slimmer sides and larger art.
SS48838_WHITE.jpg

SS48838_BLACK.jpg

UGGGH, I really want a Cammy or C. Viper fightpad, but I already have a Chun-Li and Blanka one that never get used since we have two TE sticks. But this is so damn tempting.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']UGGGH, I really want a Cammy or C. Viper fightpad, but I already have a Chun-Li and Blanka one that never get used since we have two TE sticks. But this is so damn tempting.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat as you but I have 3 fightsticks (1 SE, 1 TE, 1 Tekken wireless) and a Ryu Fightpad.

I would love to snag one of Cammy. Thankfully I can somewhat justify it since I would want it on PS3 (all my other pads and sticks are for 360) :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I am in the same boat as you but I have 3 fightsticks (1 SE, 1 TE, 1 Tekken wireless) and a Ryu Fightpad.

I would love to snag one of Cammy. Thankfully I can somewhat justify it since I would want it on PS3 (all my other pads and sticks are for 360) :)[/QUOTE]

It appears you have all your fighting games on the 360... me too. I would like to get a fightpad for the PS3 at this low price. However, do I really want to buy 2 copies of each game for 2 different systems? More importantly, do I really want to work my way to the top, twice, for each platform? I'm leaning towards no for the answer so I probably won't buy a fightpad for the PS3 even at this price. My PS3 will remain as a BR player and PS3 exclusives.

Well, they couldn't have every single item on their site at a lesser value than other competitors. They might be looking to lure customers in with the discounted price of the fightpads, and then hope they spend money on additional items and games while they're already on the site. But $45 for L4D is pretty pricey, so who knows.

Maybe this is just ridiculously uncommon, but I've been looking for a price drop on these, so I just ordered a fightpad. I don't even own SFIV, or any fighting games. I'm terrible at them.
I got the pad since I like playing games like N+, Castle Crashers, Bionic Commando, etc. with the D-pad, and it's in a bit of an awkward place on the standard 360 controller to be using all the time. So I can justify this just like how I justified buying a Hori digital controller for Gamecube to play Game Boy Advance games, Mega Man, and so on. Plus it's got turbo, which comes in handy for a lot of different games.
My $0.02.

I would be in for a fightpad but I've had a couple of buddies already go thorugh them in a matter of months so I'll probably just wait off for the new tournament sticks or just get a cheaper old one and modify it with sanwa buttons since I got other games I'm interested in using the arcade stick for also.

bread's done
Back