Fable II PH Version $19.99 on Amazon

[quote name='dabamus']Or $13.98 at Target. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a huge YMMV. I found out about it in the Target Clearance thread so I went to my local Target, scanned it and it was at $29.99. That was last week though, I haven't gone this week.

Oh, I forgot. Thanks op :D

[quote name='dabamus']I saw it for $13.xx at one Target near me and $9.98 at another.[/QUOTE]

Nice :) What locations?

[quote name='bigredvan14']You do seem to be correct. Game is $19.99, and there is something else that is 2.0 GB big and free. Anyone know what it might be?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...115-d8024d5307f1&partner=majornelson&p=1&of=7[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's a demo, just the first part of the game. I did proceed to download kind of quickly, but it wasn't obvious to me that it's not the complete game. The size did look a little small, though. File this under "if it looks too good..."

[quote name='gantt']Apparently it's a demo, just the first part of the game. I did proceed to download kind of quickly, but it wasn't obvious to me that it's not the complete game. The size did look a little small, though. File this under "if it looks too good..."[/QUOTE]

It is the first 1/5 of the game, to get you hooked for free. Then you will have to pay 800 MSP for each of the other 4 chapters, forcing you to pay $40 to get the full game.

Dangit CAG does it again! I have about 5 years or longer backlog for 360 now from all these sweet deals. I have this site as my homepage which i might have to change it. I keep spending more and more on stuff i will not be playing for months or over a year. :)

I love it but hate it at the same time. The addiction owns me i will admit it. :)

Thanks for the heads up i was also waiting for a drop on this PH. Now if i can only find someone to play coop online with now.

[quote name='Dissolve']It's $20 on Games on Demand too.[/QUOTE]

The Games on Demand do not include the 2 dlc's for this game. The PH on this sale includes them both. I believe each dlc is 800 MSP each?

This is a great steal since it includes both DLC contents. Now if only they had the entire gamerpics and prem themes included that would rock!

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The Games on Demand do not include the 2 dlc's for this game. The PH on this sale includes them both. I believe each dlc is 800 MSP each?[/QUOTE]
Knothole Island is 800 and See the Future is 560 points. The "demo" that's 1/5th of the game is some horrible episodic attempt they made to sell the game. Obviously and thankfully that failed and we hope to never see that again.

[quote name='dabamus']Or $13.98 at Target. :)[/QUOTE]

Definitely extreme YMMV on that. I've never even seen the PH version at the Target stores near me.

I know this is a hard question to answer (knowing the nature of the game) but how much do the DLCs that come with this really add to the game playtime wise and whatnot?

[quote name='Skoad']Knothole Island is 800 and See the Future is 560 points. The "demo" that's 1/5th of the game is some horrible episodic attempt they made to sell the game. Obviously and thankfully that failed and we hope to never see that again.[/QUOTE]

... until Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Episode 1. :cry:

[quote name='EarthKing']Can somebody show me a picture of how the cover looks like? Is it in the gray box?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

200778b.jpg

[quote name='EarthKing']So, it comes in a gray box? It looks green to me[/QUOTE]

Ah, you mean the box itself. I thought you meant the cover/spine art. Yeah, the box looks green in that picture.

I JUST got around to playing this and had a lot of fun. I borrowed it from my roommate so I have no need for it anymore, but if I have bought it for this price, I definitely would have gotten my money's worth with the amount of time I put into it. Even better, it comes with the 2 pieces of DLC, which I didn't have.

Last I saw it was 20.98 at my local Target. But that was over a week ago, perhaps I should take a trip back.

[quote name='musicjunkie']I know this is a hard question to answer (knowing the nature of the game) but how much do the DLCs that come with this really add to the game playtime wise and whatnot?[/QUOTE]

To answer your question, you can get 4-8 hours out of those DLC inclusive. They are fun, but not as fun as the original story. Typical tack on stuff. If you take the time to go for achievements, you can get more time out of them. They have some neat but forgettable new items, like weight potions, new dog skins, changeable item upgrade paths, and a few others.

I love Fable ][ so the DLC was a no brainer for me. If you got sick of main storyline F2 towards the end, then don't bother.

Is this game selling significant quantities in the PH afterlife? Are there NPD numbers that go that low on the charts?

Sadly I did the B2G1 Platinum on Fable ][ when it was $29, which is equivalent in price to this deal. Kinda wish I'd waited since I just want to keep a sealed copy of the PH anyway. $20 is an absurd deal if you've never played Fable and anticipate liking it's watered down action and solid RPG elements.

[quote name='EarthKing']Interesting...I guess I could buy a green xbox 360 box somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I used to think the same way about the old PH
and understand exactly where you are coming from,
though they have won me over with the way
the more recent titles have been designed.
Much more stylish and do not stick out as much
once you have a few on the shelf.
For the double-dips, it provides a nice variation
along side the original.

Always nicer when that backlog that will
never be overcome is at least somewhat uniform.

[quote name='EarthKing']Interesting...I guess I could buy a green xbox 360 box somewhere.[/QUOTE]
I'm anti platinum/greatest hits boxes/packaging myself. The one loophole I *do* make is for games that are only released in that packaging.

"Fable: Lost Chapters" for XBox1 is just like this; it's the original game plus (the PC's) DLC, and released immediately as platinum hits. The other loophole was "Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution" for the PS2, which was released "originally" as a greatest hits.

Long story short, this is an "allowed platinum hits" for me, since it's originally released as such.

The other option is to get a replacement box and grab a custom coverart that duplicates the original coverart, but adds the DLC notes.

[quote name='HydroX']... until Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Episode 1. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I mean, I hope to never see a retail version get a re-release in an episodic format where it's more expensive than the retail's current MSRP. Fable II was backwards, Sonic 4 (even though it is lame that it's episodic) is doing it the "right" way. I'll probably grab Sonic 4 when it's retail version hits $20ish (pending there's only one of those mine cart levels).

[quote name='ianoid']To answer your question, you can get 4-8 hours out of those DLC inclusive. They are fun, but not as fun as the original story. Typical tack on stuff. If you take the time to go for achievements, you can get more time out of them. They have some neat but forgettable new items, like weight potions, new dog skins, changeable item upgrade paths, and a few others.

I love Fable ][ so the DLC was a no brainer for me. If you got sick of main storyline F2 towards the end, then don't bother.

Is this game selling significant quantities in the PH afterlife? Are there NPD numbers that go that low on the charts?

Sadly I did the B2G1 Platinum on Fable ][ when it was $29, which is equivalent in price to this deal. Kinda wish I'd waited since I just want to keep a sealed copy of the PH anyway. $20 is an absurd deal if you've never played Fable and anticipate liking it's watered down action and solid RPG elements.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much, more detailed than I was expecting. :D

bread's done
Back