Turtle Beach X31 and COD: MW2 Walmart prices

bert90987

CAGiversary!
Did a search and couldn't find this but I may have missed it.

I found the Turtle Beach X31 wireless gaming headset for $78.54 at walmart.com ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-X31-Gaming-Headset-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/12538354 ). I printed it out and got it price matched at best buy.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-X31-Gaming-Headset-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/12538354

Then I saw COD: MW2 for both PS3 and Xbox360 for $38.54 each. I know it's not an amazing deal but thought it wouldn't hurt to add in the same thread.
For the PS3 ( http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11038613&findingMethod=rr ) and for the Xbox 360 ( http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11038615&findingMethod=rr )

Hope people find this useful and that the website doesn't change the price before you get to the links.

This is the normal price on Walmart.com. I almost jumped on these a couple weeks ago, but the reviews about the mic not working scared me.

I don't know about the Turtle Beach and forward technology, ie. HDMI. I am forced to keep my 360 plugged in via Component just to use the headphones, I got the X3, paid near full price 2 years ago. Seems not one model can handle HDMI, either for the PS3 or 360. I would love to have them on the PS3 but couldn't imagine not having that plugged in via HDMI..

All that being said, I do love my Turtle Beach headphones, I use them almost every night when I play the 360, they are great! They get a little uncomfortable after a straight hour of wearing them, but all in all, they are very durable. I can't tell you how many times I've dropped them or my kid got his hands on them and twisted the boom mic all around.

[quote name='token2k6']I don't know about the Turtle Beach and forward technology, ie. HDMI. I am forced to keep my 360 plugged in via Component just to use the headphones, I got the X3, paid near full price 2 years ago. Seems not one model can handle HDMI, either for the PS3 or 360. I would love to have them on the PS3 but couldn't imagine not having that plugged in via HDMI..

All that being said, I do love my Turtle Beach headphones, I use them almost every night when I play the 360, they are great! They get a little uncomfortable after a straight hour of wearing them, but all in all, they are very durable. I can't tell you how many times I've dropped them or my kid got his hands on them and twisted the boom mic all around.[/QUOTE]

This is the first I've heard of this. How does HDMI affect the headset? I don't get it.

[quote name='Cindaddy']This is the first I've heard of this. How does HDMI affect the headset? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

ok, b/c if you get the cheaper models, the old red and white analog audio cables have to be put into this splitter to run to the TB receiver and then into your TV. On the 360, You can only use either a) the standard A/V cable w/ either regular, component, s-vid, or computer adapter (?) or b) HDMI all or nothing. Since HDMI handles both your audio and video, I don't think there is a way to get it to work, not even w/ a pass thru..but I'm not too up on all the A/V stuff..edit: and if I'm wrong and someone tells me I can have both, they will get all my internet wins for the next month!! edit 2: if you look at all the user guides on TB's website, nary one of them mention HDMI. Looks like the best you can do is digital optical.

For the PS3 version (The P21), I believe there is a way to shoot video through the HDMI and audio through the red/white cables. Those are not wireless, however.

EDIT : Is this what you are looking for? http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efpx21/faqs.aspx (Of course, once again, these are for the PS3 headset)

I use an HDMI connection between my PS3 and my HDTV. Can I connect the PX21 to the HDMI port?
The HDMI connection is used for HD video on your TV. The stereo RCA outputs (red/white) on the standard PS3 A/V cable are used for connecting the PS3 game sound to the PX21. The HDMI and PS3 A/V cable can be connected simultaneously, allowing you to watch the game in HD while enjoying high quality stereo game sound on the PX21. The PS3 sends audio to both HDMI and its A/V output simultaneously when you activate the "Audio Multiple Output" in the Sound Settings menu.

I use an HDMI connection between my XBOX and my HDTV. How do I connect PX21?
There are a few different ways of connecting the PX21 when using an HDMI cable for an HDTV. The easiest option is to get the XBOX HD adapter cable since it has a smaller connector than any other XBOX A/V cable and does not block the HDMI port. This HD adapter cable used to be included with the XBOX Elite before the price was reduced. If you have this, then you can connect both it and the HDMI cable simultaneously - the HDMI cable will be used for HD video on your TV and the stereo RCA outputs (red/white) on the HD adapter cable send game audio to the PX21.

If your HDTV has RCA audio outputs, then the PX21 can also be connected to these. The volume controls on some TV's will effect both the TV speakers and the RCA audio outputs as well. If your TV has this feature, then when you mute the TV speakers, the PX21 will also be muted.

[quote name='token2k6']ok, b/c if you get the cheaper models, the old red and white analog audio cables have to be put into this splitter to run to the TB receiver and then into your TV. On the 360, You can only use either a) the standard A/V cable w/ either regular, component, s-vid, or computer adapter (?) or b) HDMI all or nothing. Since HDMI handles both your audio and video, I don't think there is a way to get it to work, not even w/ a pass thru..but I'm not too up on all the A/V stuff..edit: and if I'm wrong and someone tells me I can have both, they will get all my internet wins for the next month!! edit 2: if you look at all the user guides on TB's website, nary one of them mention HDMI. Looks like the best you can do is digital optical.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I should have downloaded the manual before asking the question. I think it may be possible to run HDMI, but it's entirely dependent on you setup and equipment. It may be possible to run a fiber optic cable to a receiver and get the audio out through RCA. That's the only method that comes to mind. Do you have a receiver?

[quote name='token2k6']ok, b/c if you get the cheaper models, the old red and white analog audio cables have to be put into this splitter to run to the TB receiver and then into your TV. On the 360, You can only use either a) the standard A/V cable w/ either regular, component, s-vid, or computer adapter (?) or b) HDMI all or nothing. Since HDMI handles both your audio and video, I don't think there is a way to get it to work, not even w/ a pass thru..but I'm not too up on all the A/V stuff..edit: and if I'm wrong and someone tells me I can have both, they will get all my internet wins for the next month!! edit 2: if you look at all the user guides on TB's website, nary one of them mention HDMI. Looks like the best you can do is digital optical.[/QUOTE]

You can use HDMI W with it, you just need the little dongle that comes wthe the M$ HDMI cables or a 3rd party one, which I am looking to sell BTW. :p

[quote name='js1']You can use HDMI W with it, you just need the little dongle that comes wthe the M$ HDMI cables or a 3rd party one, which I am looking to sell BTW. :p[/QUOTE]

Bah, I forgot that the audio dongle had RCA jacks on it. He's correct should work fine with HDMI. I really need my coffee.

I can confirm that the X41 works fine with HDMI (presumably the X31 would be no different) - I have my Elite connected to my receiver via HDMI, and am using the A/V dongle and an optical cable to connect to the headset.

wow, thanks guys for all your responses, told you I was kinda of a noob at this and behind the times w/ my 2 year old headset. If anything, you're going to get me to spend more money! arghh!!

thanks for the info on the dongle. picked one up on amazon for $9 + $3 shipping. never knew something like that existed. have a older gaming 2.1 decent speaker set that hasn't seen any use since I went to hdmi! THANKS again.

Looks like this is pretty much covered already, but I can also confirm that the X3/X31 can work at the same time as an HDMI cable. (The same goes for any of Turtle Beach's stereo headsets for that matter).

On one of my Xbox's, I just removed the plastic cover on the AV cable. Go to Youtube and search for Xbox HDMI Hack to see how do to this.

I have an X41 (and an X4 before that) and never had an issue connecting this either. In fact, my new LCD TV has a digital output on the back--so I don't even have to use the Xbox audio dongle. The digital cable from the X41 just connects to the LCD. In this configuration, I only have a single cable (HDMI) going from my Xbox to the TV.

[quote name='Dann-o']Does anyone know if this will work on PS3 also? I know alot of console gaming headsets are cross compat.[/QUOTE]
The Turtle Beach PX21 is cross-compatible with the PS3. It's a wired headset, not wireless.

[quote name='token2k6']I don't know about the Turtle Beach and forward technology, ie. HDMI. I am forced to keep my 360 plugged in via Component just to use the headphones, I got the X3, paid near full price 2 years ago. Seems not one model can handle HDMI, either for the PS3 or 360. I would love to have them on the PS3 but couldn't imagine not having that plugged in via HDMI..

All that being said, I do love my Turtle Beach headphones, I use them almost every night when I play the 360, they are great! They get a little uncomfortable after a straight hour of wearing them, but all in all, they are very durable. I can't tell you how many times I've dropped them or my kid got his hands on them and twisted the boom mic all around.[/QUOTE]
When my brother had his X3 he said the same thing about the headset getting a bit uncomfortable. However, when he put my X4 ear padding on his X3 headset, it made the overall feel VERY comfortable. Turtle Beach sells the X4 ear pads on their website, so you might want to grab those. Trust me, these help immensely!

I got my Best Buy to price match the walmart.com price! Really thought they would just shut me down. x31's are awesome.

[quote name='bert90987']Did a search and couldn't find this but I may have missed it.

I found the Turtle Beach X31 wireless gaming headset for $78.54 at walmart.com ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-X31-Gaming-Headset-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/12538354 ). I printed it out and got it price matched at best buy.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-X31-Gaming-Headset-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/12538354

Then I saw COD: MW2 for both PS3 and Xbox360 for $38.54 each. I know it's not an amazing deal but thought it wouldn't hurt to add in the same thread.
For the PS3 ( http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11038613&findingMethod=rr ) and for the Xbox 360 ( http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11038615&findingMethod=rr )

Hope people find this useful and that the website doesn't change the price before you get to the links.[/QUOTE]

If anyone doesn't have the Turtle Beach headphones yet, I would strongly urge you to take advantage of this. I originally bought the X1 but got very frustrated with the cables very quickly. The very long cable ends up getting tangled up all the time. I then bought the X31 and absolutely love them. I can guarantee you that they will improve your game play by 25%. You will hear things that you have never heard before. You can actually hear when an enemy is walking from your right or left. You can hear footsteps, the distance of a gunshot and many other things. I am spoiled now; I wouldn't be able to play without them!!!!
However, to give credit to the X1, the volume is higher and you can hear the noises, footsteps, window breaks, etc much clearer. Its a matter of preference.

[quote name='token2k6']wow, thanks guys for all your responses, told you I was kinda of a noob at this and behind the times w/ my 2 year old headset. If anything, you're going to get me to spend more money! arghh!![/QUOTE]

If you still have the component cable, you can also take the plastic sheilding off of it, and thene there will be just enough room for both the component cable, and the HDMI on the back of the xbox. (google Xbox cable hack). The drawback is that everytime you change the channel on your TV, the xbox will reset. However, it is free.

To those unsure about how the audio gets hooked up. I have a HD TV and use a hdmi cable from the xbox 360 to the tv. Then I connected the included RCA cable that came in the package for the headphones into the RCA audio out ports on my TV. I don't need to buy an extra Microsoft or 3rd party cable just because the regular component cable doesn't fit on the xbox 360 when the hdmi cable is plugged in. I just put on the headphones and mute the tv with the remote and I hear the game and chat volume in the headset.

I would assume then if digital out from a TV works for the 360, it would also work for PS3, or anything else plugged into the TV as well, correct? I feel I know this but wouldn't mind confirmation before ordering a pair. Not the mic, just the headphones. I want to plug these suckers into my receiver.

Also, any word on battery life?

[quote name='graf1k']I would assume then if digital out from a TV works for the 360, it would also work for PS3, or anything else plugged into the TV as well, correct? I feel I know this but wouldn't mind confirmation before ordering a pair. Not the mic, just the headphones. I want to plug these suckers into my receiver.

Also, any word on battery life?[/QUOTE]

Game audio should work with the ps3 but not chat options. I have no idea about the battery life since I just got them (it uses 2 included AAA batteries if it makes a difference to you).

[quote name='DrMunkee']For the PS3 version (The P21), I believe there is a way to shoot video through the HDMI and audio through the red/white cables. Those are not wireless, however.

EDIT : Is this what you are looking for? http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efpx21/faqs.aspx (Of course, once again, these are for the PS3 headset)

I use an HDMI connection between my PS3 and my HDTV. Can I connect the PX21 to the HDMI port?
The HDMI connection is used for HD video on your TV. The stereo RCA outputs (red/white) on the standard PS3 A/V cable are used for connecting the PS3 game sound to the PX21. The HDMI and PS3 A/V cable can be connected simultaneously, allowing you to watch the game in HD while enjoying high quality stereo game sound on the PX21. The PS3 sends audio to both HDMI and its A/V output simultaneously when you activate the "Audio Multiple Output" in the Sound Settings menu.

I use an HDMI connection between my XBOX and my HDTV. How do I connect PX21?
There are a few different ways of connecting the PX21 when using an HDMI cable for an HDTV. The easiest option is to get the XBOX HD adapter cable since it has a smaller connector than any other XBOX A/V cable and does not block the HDMI port. This HD adapter cable used to be included with the XBOX Elite before the price was reduced. If you have this, then you can connect both it and the HDMI cable simultaneously - the HDMI cable will be used for HD video on your TV and the stereo RCA outputs (red/white) on the HD adapter cable send game audio to the PX21.

If your HDTV has RCA audio outputs, then the PX21 can also be connected to these. The volume controls on some TV's will effect both the TV speakers and the RCA audio outputs as well. If your TV has this feature, then when you mute the TV speakers, the PX21 will also be muted.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone here used the PX21's? I'm thinking about buying them because I have a 360 and a ps3, but I mostly play online on the 360. Are the PX21's as good as the X31's for the 360?

I need to buy that stupid 360 audio adapter too so the price adds up fast.

When i had the X1 they were uncomfortable then i upgraded to the new X11 and they were REALLY comfy, they didnt bother me at all with 5 hours of gaming.

Just chiming in about the HDMI and the headphones..if you have one of the other cables that block the HDMI port when they're both connected you can take off the casing over the part that plugs into your 360. Grab a screwdriver and it pops off just fine.

Also, I picked up the X11 and they are super comfy..I haven't used any of the others but after long hours of gameplay they didn't bother my ears. The speaker openings are huge so that helps quite a bit as well as them having a mesh cover.

[quote name='bert90987']To those unsure about how the audio gets hooked up. I have a HD TV and use a hdmi cable from the xbox 360 to the tv. Then I connected the included RCA cable that came in the package for the headphones into the RCA audio out ports on my TV. I don't need to buy an extra Microsoft or 3rd party cable just because the regular component cable doesn't fit on the xbox 360 when the hdmi cable is plugged in. I just put on the headphones and mute the tv with the remote and I hear the game and chat volume in the headset.[/QUOTE]

That is the same thing I have done with my first pair of TB headset. Took the print out to my BB today and they matched with no problems. Been waiting to get a good deal and use my $25 gift card, lol. Paid less then $60 bucks and upgraded from the TB ear force X2's I have been using for 3 years or so. Thanks for the find!:applause:

I recently purchased some. I have an hdmi cable and everything works fine. The quality of sound is amazing. Other than some slight cackling noises at times, a great buy.

I have been wanting a pair of these forever. I was really hoping to get the x41 however, and even at $173 at Walmart, it is still too steep of a purchase for me..

If only I could nab the x41s for under $130 and I would be all over them..

[quote name='bert90987']Did a search and couldn't find this but I may have missed it.

Hope people find this useful and that the website doesn't change the price before you get to the links.[/QU

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Has anyone here used the PX21's? I'm thinking about buying them because I have a 360 and a ps3, but I mostly play online on the 360. Are the PX21's as good as the X31's for the 360?

I need to buy that stupid 360 audio adapter too so the price adds up fast.[/QUOTE]
My neighbor has a set of the PX21's. He had the P21 before that. The PX21 is a HUGE upgrade to the P21. Especially because it's a multi-platform headset makes it a real good deal.

Oh and, you do not need the 360 audio adapter. As some others have stated here, you can either connect the audio to an audio output on your TV or simply remove the plastic cover on your regular 360 A/V cable so it can be connected at the same time as an HDMI cable.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I have been wanting a pair of these forever. I was really hoping to get the x41 however, and even at $173 at Walmart, it is still too steep of a purchase for me..

If only I could nab the x41s for under $130 and I would be all over them..[/QUOTE]
I doubt the X41 will ever get that low, so don't hold your breath. However, TB has the original X4 for only $129 on their website. I only know this because my clan mate just grabbed one.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Does it have 3D effects?[/QUOTE]
X41 = Dolby 7.1 surround sound
X31 = Stereo w/ expander (sorta like a 3D effect)
X11 = Stereo
XLC = Stereo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GenesisGod']My neighbor has a set of the PX21's. He had the P21 before that. The PX21 is a HUGE upgrade to the P21. Especially because it's a multi-platform headset makes it a real good deal.

Oh and, you do not need the 360 audio adapter. As some others have stated here, you can either connect the audio to an audio output on your TV or simply remove the plastic cover on your regular 360 A/V cable so it can be connected at the same time as an HDMI cable.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I ended up ordering the PX21 from gs.com for $60 after using the 25% off code. It sucks that it's wired, but that's actually good for me because I know my wireless computer router would interfere with the x31. Hopefully the PX21 is also lighter because there aren't 2 AAA batteries weighing it down.

My tv doesn't have any audio outputs, which totally sucks i know because I would love to have a surround sound system. I ended up buying the retarded xbox audio adapter for $22.75 with the 25% from gs.com. I researched online about modding the A/V cable and I know I could do it in 4 seconds. I just kept reading about how if you change your tv input, you might restart your xbox. This would really suck for me because I change my tv input all the time while I'm playing my xbox. In between COD MW2 matches, I often do it to delete stuff off my DVR to make room for new recordings.

It just sucks that gamestop.com never got in any X41's because I would have bought those in a heartbeat for $150 with the 25% off coupon.

Thanks for the advice on the PX21's. Once I get the PX21's in the mail, I'll have 2 brand new unused official ps3 headsets to sell and 2 brand new unused warhark blu tooth headsets to sell. Not to meantion a wireless 360 headset and a few wired 360 headsets to get rid of.:lol:

bread's done
Back