Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
And here I just flipped some of the cheap L4D2s for $26. Though Amazon credit is more useful than BB.

What condition do the games have to be in? Complete? Coverart and manual?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just checked the site. It was loading way too slow for me for a while.

Glad I could help some people out with this deal. I would jump on this since they can claim offer subject to change at any time.

Has anyone traded in lightly scratched games and get told they would get the lowest value? Some reviews are bad, but that was for cameras. They tell you its a lower price, you either accept or pay more than its worth to ship it back to you. Makes me want to hear from someone who has dealt with bestbuy trade-ins before. I just wish there was an in-store option so you know right away.

Oh yeah, you can also get a check option, but of course it is for less money.

[quote name='nakanenui']Glad I could help some people out with this deal. I would jump on this since they can claim offer subject to change at any time.

Has anyone traded in lightly scratched games and get told they would get the lowest value? Some reviews are bad, but that was for cameras. They tell you its a lower price, you either accept or pay more than its worth to ship it back to you. Makes me want to hear from someone who has dealt with bestbuy trade-ins before. I just wish there was an in-store option so you know right away.

Oh yeah, you can also get a check option, but of course it is for less money.[/QUOTE]

Ugh that sounds kind of shady. I'd be all over this otherwise. What to do, what to do...

[quote name='GuardianE']What condition do the games have to be in? Complete? Coverart and manual?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just checked the site. It was loading way too slow for me for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yes they need to be complete. The condition is subjective, they just want the games to be in playable condition.

[quote name='nakanenui']Glad I could help some people out with this deal. I would jump on this since they can claim offer subject to change at any time.

Oh yeah, you can also get a check option, but of course it is for less money.[/QUOTE]

It says on the website that you can print out the estimator page and bring it in with your games and you can do the trade in at Geek Squad in Best Buy.

[quote name='freshzen']It says on the website that you can print out the estimator page and bring it in with your games and you can do the trade in at Geek Squad in Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I went through the process and the only option was to mail it. I guess my location in SOCAL is not eligible? Could you link me to the part where you could do the geek squad route with videogames, cause I did read something about laptops, computers, and other electronic items but had to be purchased at bestbuy?

[quote name='spcheap']Hmm may as well turn in lbp and get lbp goty sometime[/QUOTE]

Just did this. Won't have to hunt for a non-gutted one at Gamestop now. Wonder if I get RZ and gamerzone points...probably not since its a giftcard.

[quote name='nakanenui']I went through the process and the only option was to mail it. I guess my location in SOCAL is not eligible? Could you link me to the part where you could do the geek squad route with videogames, cause I did read something about laptops, computers, and other electronic items but had to be purchased at bestbuy?[/QUOTE]

When I actually go to submit the trade in, the only option is to send them in, but before that I was on a page that said you have two options, In-store or Online....and to do the in store option you had to print out the estimator page and bring it in with your trade in stuff.

I think the thing is, you have to bring the stuff in store, you can't submit it online and then bring it in store. Submitting online is only for shipping out.

EDIT: Nevermind...the only things you can trade in store are..

* Apple iPods
* Apple Laptops
* Mobile Phones
* PC Laptops

...and they have to be purchased from Best Buy and you have to have your Best Buy receipt >_

it refuses to accept my email address. wtf? i tried 3 different, all legit. no worky for me. fuck best buy anyway. fuckers.

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga trades for 20 bucks? Wow, I think I bought it for 10-15 a long time ago. I might have to look into this, but will probably stick to eBay for selling stuff ;)

Dammit. I just got rid of Star Ocean: Last Hope for 360 that I got from Kmart for $5 to GS last week for $11-13 or so in credit. Though if I can find some copies of Madden 10 and NCAA Football 10 from the Blockbuster B1G1, that would be a hell of a flip.

It's too bad that BB hasn't updated their system like WalMart and even Gamestop have to list Little Big Planet GOTY for $29.99, since it just went Greatest Hits. It's still $59.99 in their system.:roll:

Mario Super Sluggers and Super Smash Bros. Brawl(game only edition) are also part of the B1G1 at Blockbuster, for those looking for other options to flip with this trade deal.

EDIT: Holy crap. I just noticed that Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for PS3 gets $20 at Best Buy. I have two copies from the Sears clearance for $5 each. KA-CHING!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']God, does there need to be any more reason for people to be clearing out their Blockbuster Videos? :/ I'm not done yet.[/QUOTE]

Well then, get off your ass and stop sitting here and go clear them out of anything you might want to keep, cuz once other flippers see these possibilities those games are GONE.;)

Hmmm...another option is to buy Mario Super Sluggers via POG from BBV, trade to GS for $25 off Assassin's Creed II, pay the other $5 for it, then trade that in for $30 at Best Buy.

[quote name='spcheap']Hmm may as well turn in lbp and get lbp goty sometime[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm going to do.

Also can this be done in-store or is it online only?

I may be SOL, because when I try to create an account, it says it cannot verify my address. Anybody else have this problem?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Sucks this isnt in store. But there are lots of things on that list you could find @ BBV part of B1G1[/QUOTE]

Estebon and a bunch of us made a flipping group on CAG and I just detailed which games from these two lists you can find and at which store(s).

Some are only making a $5 profit($14.98 Target clearance games like Dark Void), but some require some legwork and could very well be $20 flips by the time you're done(AC II from Gamestop for $30, which you can buy for about $10 or so by flipping a Blockbuster BOGO game that qualifies to them for the $25 off promo, then paying the other $5 in cash or credit).

is there a time limit in which I'll need to send these off after printing the label and packing slip? I know amazon gives you a week, but I didn't see any dates during the BB process.

[quote name='TheHapaOne']Why did i just trade in my Assassins Creed 2 at gamestop for 25?! i coulda got 30[/QUOTE]

If it's any consolation, gamestop.com has some good coupons right now, so maybe that GS credit will prove more valuable as a result.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Estebon and a bunch of us made a flipping group on CAG and I just detailed which games from these two lists you can find and at which store(s).

Some are only making a $5 profit($14.98 Target clearance games like Dark Void), but some require some legwork and could very well be $20 flips by the time you're done(AC II from Gamestop for $30, which you can buy for about $10 or so by flipping a Blockbuster BOGO game that qualifies to them for the $25 off promo, then paying the other $5 in cash or credit).[/QUOTE]

Wait so this deal is in store? You can trade in games to best buy in store? lol.

Could you perhaps, link me to the CAG flipping group? lol

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Wait so this deal is in store? You can trade in games to best buy in store? lol.

Could you perhaps, link me to the CAG flipping group? lol[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen, it's like Amazon, you have to mail the games in. I think they're also as nitpicky as Amazon, which is why I said instead of flipping the POG version of Mario Sluggers or whatever, you could use it at Gamestop to get $25 off of a new title(Assassin's Creed II)that does qualify for the trade-ins and they won't hassle you about.

I'll ask the other members in the flip group if we're taking new members till. We have about 10 or so people already.:D

Several values not on that list seem to be pretty standard; I do however have a bunch of the $30 value ones I've picked up via credit or good deals, and who knows when I'll get around to playing them. Maybe I should just be content with having games to play for once, and stop worrying about deals. :X

[quote name='spcheap']I may be SOL, because when I try to create an account, it says it cannot verify my address. Anybody else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

I have that problem sometimes. If you have something like "North, South, East, West" in your address, try changing it to N or S etc....

[quote name='boneless']Any restrictions against multiple copies? Like maybe 2 max?[/QUOTE]

I just put in a trade in of 4 little big planets. On the pull down I remember seeing you can choose to submit 10 copies.

Holy crap! 30 bucks for LBP, Darksiders and Demons Souls!

Sending LBP away, havent played it in months anyway, can always use it for GOTY edition

Darksiders sells for 30-40 new these days, and I'm almost done with Demons Souls and to be honest, cant wait to beat that damned game!

You have THIRTY DAYS to ship out items, so if you guys have any games you are on the fence of trading in, put in a ticket anyway, in 2 or 3 weeks you can beat any game youre working on and get money!

They say it takes b/t 7-14 days for them to ship out your gift card, so it will probably be almost a month from time you ship to time you get credit...

I'm trading my copies of AvP and Dante's Inferno towards a gift card towards Red Dead Redemption. It says I have 30 days from registering to send the games in. I'll try and plow through both of them over the next couple of weeks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Dammit. I just got rid of Star Ocean: Last Hope for 360 that I got from Kmart for $5 to GS last week for $11-13 or so in credit. Though if I can find some copies of Madden 10 and NCAA Football 10 from the Blockbuster B1G1, that would be a hell of a flip.

It's too bad that BB hasn't updated their system like WalMart and even Gamestop have to list Little Big Planet GOTY for $29.99, since it just went Greatest Hits. It's still $59.99 in their system.:roll:

Mario Super Sluggers and Super Smash Bros. Brawl(game only edition) are also part of the B1G1 at Blockbuster, for those looking for other options to flip with this trade deal.

EDIT: Holy crap. I just noticed that Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for PS3 gets $20 at Best Buy. I have two copies from the Sears clearance for $5 each. KA-CHING![/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what I mentioned in my first post, thats a killer profit. Too bad I sent in some to amazon for ~12, and some to gamestop for ~15... oh well, as is life.

You can choose to get a giftcard, or get a check. The check is for less money, kinda like at gamestop, but some of these values are much better than gamestop.

And like mentioned earlier, once you submit the trade, you have 30 days to ship out the items. You get your payment about 2 weeks after processing. Giftcards are good online and instore, no immediate need to spend it, unlike gamestop bonus promos.

glad I chanced on this deal, hope it doesnt make it to Slickdeals or Fatwallet for a few more days/ever.

NASCAR 09 is worth $20?!? I just bought a copy at ghetto Kmart today for $5 and left some sitting there. Guess I'll make a trip back to that big K...

Great idea. I just did that trade.

Interersting - other than the special $20 and $30 games, the prices stick pretty much close to Amazon's trade-in values. I'm starting to think they all (Gazelle in addition to Amazon and BB) use the same DB or pricing service.

Yeah, and given that, I'd much rather have Amazon credit.

bread's done
Back