Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey everyone, PriceGrabber just added a whole bunch of $5 rebate bonuses for a whole boatload of games for the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, GBA, and Nintendo DS. All you have to do is write a review and send in a form a copy of your receipt and copy of the UPC. So if you have any games you recently bought check it out and you might be able to get 5 dollars back for writing a review. You can do this for multiple games so you can get back some of that hard earned cash through writing your opinions on the games you've bought. Also if you haven't bought the game yet, you can use this to easily take an additional $5 off. I think I got my rebate back in 2 months for my review on the Shure e2c headphones. Alone it might not be worth it to some people but I just realized I had a bunch of the stuff that they offer the rebate for so i'm sending them all in at once to get a decent sum back =).

Rebates seem to only be for games that are out currently, games on preorder don't have them yet and most of rebates seem to be on the popular games which the site orders them in so you can browse by console from the first page or just do a search to see if your particular game has it.
Games that apply will have "$5.00 Bonus!" Next to them

Here's a direct link to the
Games Page

They do check and approve the reviews so try to make them somewhat decent =)

Hey Guys, just a heads up but they've added $5 rebates for reviews for psp game out right now that is on thier site. So this is a good chance to get an extra 5 off PSP games you've just bought or are going to buy ;)

http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=1936

To check the status of your rebates check here

https://www.web-rebates.com/pricegrabber/Default.asp?

UPDATE:

There is now a 5 game limit a month submission limit for games. You can still download all the forms you need I believe. However take note that forms expire 3 months after you download them so I wouldn't go for more than 15 forms at a time just in case. This will probably still be good to shave off tax from a new game or whatnot =).

And Just for clarification the 5 limit is counted from month to month and is applicable to your form's postmark. For example you could postmark 5 rebate submissions for this month on OCT 28 and then on NOV 1 you could also submit 5 more. But then you would not be able to submit anymore until DEC 1.

Ah k thnx :) Wow you're quick on the response :D I wasnt aware you guys were related but that's even cooler :D

Oh yeah some additions

You have to register on thier site to participate in this promotion, which really isnt a big deal. And the rebates are limited to 50 people(users) per game =). And of course you can only reveiew one game once.

Just simply click on the "$5.00 Bonus!" link from the browing page.

There seems to be a problem with it showing up on the CAGrabber site and doing a search doesn't show it. When you click on the specific game but it's on the normal site too directly next to the price. It's probably best to browse the first few pages since most of the rebates are on games in those pages.

It says you need to send in the original UPC:

"Exactly What Do I Include with My PriceGrabber Bonus Offer Submission?

The original UPC removed from your qualifying product box. Photocopies of the UPC will not be accepted, unless the manufacturer requires the original UPC for a different rebate you may be submitting elsewhere. This is the only instance in which we are able to accept a photo copy of the original UPC. In all other instances, we require the original UPC.

Where Can I Find the UPC Bar Code Panel--and Are Photocopies Eligible

The panel is on the outside of each box and includes a barcode and some digits. The original UPC must be removed from the box in order to be eligible for the PriceGrabber bonus unless otherwise indicated."

Don't worry about it, it's just some misleading text. They take copies of UPC's for games. After all who would want to cut out the UPC from the insert on thier game case, that's like murder for a collector :)

" The original UPC removed from your qualifying product box. Photocopies of the UPC will not be accepted, unless the manufacturer requires the original UPC for a different rebate you may be submitting elsewhere. This is the only instance in which we are able to accept a photo copy of the original UPC. In all other instances, we require the original UPC."

They can't tell if you need it for another rebate or not so it's ok.

On top of that when you get the actual rebate form it says
"Cut out of the original UPC from the product box OR make a photocopy of the original UPC."

plus my roomate has done it before with a copy of the UPC.

hmm dunno.. you can always edit your reviews from the account menu in the top right hand corner...so you have power to change your reviews whenever u want.

They approve your reviews when they written or edited though.

[quote name='Zoglog']Hey everyone, PriceGrabber Alone it might not be worth it to some people but I just realized I had a bunch of the stuff that they offer the rebate for so i'm sending them all in at once to get a decent sum back =).

[/quote]

Can you do that? Like take all the games you've bought for any system, write reviews for them and ship them all in at once and get a big ass rebate check? Cuz... I'd do that if you could pull it off.

Well only some of the games have rebates, and you might have to mail each one in a seperate envelope though. But yeah if you're gonna do it all at once just get a box of envelopes and mail them all at once at the post office or something =).

[quote name='Zoglog']What do you mean exactly by retain ownership of the review :)?[/quote]

Like, a lot of sites won't allow you to post your reviews elsewhere. So if I'm allowed to do whatever I want with them, then I retain ownership. Is it like that?

Oh yeah for sure you can post your review wherever you want, it'd be pretty retarded if you couldnt o_O... I've actually done that in the past hehe.

And actually it's the first 50 people who click to redeem the rebateform that can get it, not the first 50 people who review it hehe.

Yup, you can do it for multiple reviews. I've done it with a couple of games and items with no problems =). You just can't keep on reviewing the same game over and over of course hehe.

Interesting, I may start doing this, I write reviews for some of the games I purchase anyways (check my siggy....yea obvious pimping) so I may do this.

hahah I just noticed the connotation for that :) so what exactly is a cheap ass grabber :)? It seems like something that's meaning can be changed depending on what word is emphasized.

cheap ASS grabber or cheapass GRABBER

D:! I am puzzles!

you'll know that its full when the rebate link isnt there anymore. After the 50th person downloads the rebate form it gets pulled I believe.

Okay, earlier today at work I went through all my old orders for the past year at Amazon, Best Buy, and EB Games,.com.

I found out that I am eligible for eleven rebates! I printed out the rebates as well as the old receipts stored online.

The rebates I was able to get were for...

Thief Deadly Shadows
Wario Ware
Genma Onimusha
Metal Arms
NFL 2k5
Onimusha 3
Kill.Switch
Rygar
Animal Crossing
D&D Heroes
Shadow Heart: Covenent

Not bad at all. I suggest that you visit these three websites and go back through all your past video game orders. Then see if you are eligible for a pricegrabber rebate if you write a review. Then print the rebate, your old invoice, and copy the UPC from the back of the game.

If the rebates go through I'll get back fifty-five bucks!!!

Edit: Woohoo, just found another one for Aria of Sorrow!

Drat. I wish I had kept MORE of my ancient receipts. I could get $350 with a few hours of writing.

Are you allowed to review -used- copies of games in this system?

Yeah I wish I had a bunch of old receipts as well. But so far I think i'm lined up for 20 dollars. They have it for the new wireless logitech controllers I just bought.

Oh hot diggity! they had a rebate for the PSP. Not a bad way to get 5 dollars back but they removed it today. I wonder if they'll honor it since I already d/l a form o_O.....

If this is legit, it's going to make the ridiculous piles of games I've been buying almost worth it. I have my doubts if they are actually pulling the rebate forms as soon as 50 people have requested them.

[quote name='Zoglog']Oh hot diggity! they had a rebate for the PSP. Not a bad way to get 5 dollars back but they removed it today. I wonder if they'll honor it since I already d/l a form o_O.....[/quote]
Ummm...I'm pretty sure once you've got the form you're ok....after all, they say the rebate goes to the first 50 to request the form, not the first 50 to write reviews.

This is a slow process- maybe 2-3 months overall.

They will send you an email stating they have recieved the rebate (usually within 1-2 weeks) and they are processing the request.

They will then send a second email saying they have finished processing (maybe a month later), which states:

Your bonus review check in the amount of $5.00 for PriceGrabber.com has been processed. Your check will be mailed shortly. Please allow 2-3 weeks for completion. For additional rebate status updates, please visit www.web-rebates.com/Pricegrabber or call us at (310) 736-0030.

You can use that website to check the status, but it is not super user friendly.

I got my shure e2c rebate in about 1-2 months. I think it also depends on the load of rebates they get at the rebate center. But I can say for 100% that it's legit.

The rebates are found while browsing through. They seem to add rebates to products that are popular and need reviews.

As for the UPC for games they only require you to send in a copy of it. so Just make copies of both and send them in I guess

Well, I mailed my 19th Rebate today.

So far if we consider it cost me a little over a nickel per envelope and 37 cents per stamp, the total costs are about $8-9 bucks. As for the time it took too fill out the reviews and rebate forms, as well as copies and stuff, I did that at work. :D So it's effectively nill.

I've gotten thirteen email confirmations that my rebates have arrived and have been processed. Hopefully I'll get another six or so in the next three weeks. But assuming they all mail rebate checks and that those arrive by the end of May that's fifty five bucks I saved. Thanks OP!

[quote name='mkelehan']I'm doing a bunch of these. Do you know if you can send multiple rebate forms in one envelope?[/QUOTE]

From their help section:

If I have multiple rebates, can I send them all in 1 envelope?

Yes. When doing so, please make sure you organize the rebates by using a staple or paperclip to group the information that belongs together. This will help prevent rebate submissions from getting mixed up or lost.

Heh, if I knew that I would have saved five bucks in postage. Oh well, I'd rather send them separately to be safe. Some rebate places really hate that.

There are still a couple of things I don't get like what is the oldest possible reciept eligible for this offer (you said you were looking for reciepts from a year ago) and if you can use reciepts from B&M stores?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']There are still a couple of things I don't get like what is the oldest possible reciept eligible for this offer (you said you were looking for reciepts from a year ago) and if you can use reciepts from B&M stores?[/QUOTE]

I think they'll take a receipt of any age; the point is that they're paying people $5 for decent quality reviews. The receipt and the UPC are used as verification that you actually played(?) the game (and a safeguard against people turning in the same rebate multiple times).

I've sent a receipt for luigi's mansion (purchased at launch), there is no worry about date of purchase or location of purchase

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']WOOHOO!

Got my first batch of fourteen Pricegrabber Rebates for a total of seventy dollars!

Took less than a month. Thanks Zoglog![/QUOTE]

I got 3 today, but I literally have 60+ more on the way.

Questiom: What happen if you got 3 games on a single recipt? I got Donkey Konga and Paper Mario on the same recipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back