CAGcast #195: A Toilet Crysis

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]Shipwreck attends a Crysis 2 event in NYC while Cheapy contends with a crisis in his bathroom. We also cover the latest industry and shopping news, answer your CAGbag and Twitter questions and oh so much more!

[podcast]104[/podcast]
Download - 109 minutes, 52MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, bathroom antics. That's never been done on the show before! :p

Thanks for starting the week with a new show!

Awwww... Why the fuck did I put this on as I'm eating my morning cereal? Just go to the fuckin' bathroom once a day...

Alright just finished listening. I'm gonna repost what I said on the last podcast thread since it was on Thursday and was probably missed. If it's simply not important and is ignored I won't mention it again.

I just recently got back onto the website and like all the new changes. I am hoping that the marketplace can get a local search or priority though. I know it's unlikely that a game I want is available within driving distance but the Atlanta deal thread seems pretty active and I live in Atlanta so maybe I'd get lucky. That makes me curious if your traffic tracking system can break it down into region or states. I know google analytics can. If you are willing to share this info I would be interested to know.

Also I noticed that the 2 most recent deals listed on joystiq were sourced from other sites that I won't mention. I don't know how much time they scooped you by but you also had the same info. Considering Wombat's affection for the guys and I know Chris Grant loves ya'll specifically the price alert, why are you getting scooped. Is it cuz of the name, maybe their AOL overlords don't want ass on the website? Maybe Wombat could take a more active liason role between ya'll. I originally found CAG from joystiq and still think that between your 2 podcasts I am the best informed and most entertained gamer I know.

Love the show, and try to start the next podcast with a word other that alright.

Haven't listened yet, but I'm hoping that the toilet crisis does not involve prolape, tarry stools, or anal fissures. Be careful out there!

Wow. Hate to say it guys, but this weeks show can be summed up in a few last words:

"...anything else we should talk about?"

"Nope"

"Do you want to go to bed?"

"Yep"

Aside from the deep seeded resentment Wombat has for Cheapy by telling him to go to hell, shut up already, I'm not really sure what happened in the show this week. I must have fallen asleep along with Mr. Boatcrash.

[quote name='cave']Also I noticed that the 2 most recent deals listed on joystiq were sourced from other sites that I won't mention. I don't know how much time they scooped you by but you also had the same info. Considering Wombat's affection for the guys and I know Chris Grant loves ya'll specifically the price alert, why are you getting scooped. Is it cuz of the name, maybe their AOL overlords don't want ass on the website? Maybe Wombat could take a more active liason role between ya'll. I originally found CAG from joystiq and still think that between your 2 podcasts I am the best informed and most entertained gamer I know.[/QUOTE]

The information was posted on our forums several days before it appeared on Joystiq, so certainly we were not "scooped" by them. I'm not really overly concerned about traffic from blogs these days. As you can see below, they don't really contribute much to the big picture on CAG.

If you read a post on a blog about a gaming deal, how likely are you to actually click through to the source of that information when everything you need to know is posted right on that blog?

picture.php

top 10 referral sites (search engines have been removed):
picture.php

Wow, Shipwreck like DOA Extreme remake!! I liked the 1st one on Xbox, the 2nd on 360 was OK, but at least I could look at the girls on a TV screen, not a tiny PSP screen. Not erotic, then why the hell play it? Get them in the revealing swimsuits, and snap away with the camera.

Monster dumps! lololol

Cheapy, I go through the same issues occasionally. I think most people with our unhealthy lifestyles go through these issues. :)

btw, the Popeye arcade game is quite rare. I doubt Shippy can find it easily or find it for a fair price. But props to Mrs. Shippy for such a cool find.

Nice show CAGS I have a questition; Have any of you wombat,cheapy, ship ever tried to play dance dance revolution? XD nice show have a nice week

I haven't even gotten through the whole cast but you guys were on a roll this week. The perfect storm and the farmville as code for taking a dump comments had me laughing out loud. Great stuff.

Cheapy's poop discussion and the iPad song made me laugh a lot, thanks for playing it at the end! Loved hearing about Ship's Crysis trip. The bit where they showed the trailer in Time's Square sounded freaking awesome.

Also, Cheapy, I've been having large poop troubles, too, over the last couple of weeks or so and have been clogging/overflowing the toilet so I went to my doctor and they told me I should cut down on my beef intake. I'm not sure if you're partaking in a lot of beef (I eat beef at least 4 times a week), but you could try cutting down on it to see if it helps.

oh hells yeah Cheapy! An 'HBO from the 80's' podcast would be the shiznit!

Midnight Madness
Superfuzz
Just One of the Guys
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

the list goes on and on. Saturday the 14th doesn't hold up as well as some of the others, but it's still a classic.

[quote name='jkam']I haven't even gotten through the whole cast but you guys were on a roll this week. The perfect storm and the farmville as code for taking a dump comments had me laughing out loud. Great stuff.[/QUOTE]
Haha ditto, so true

Cheapy, Wombat and Ship!!!

Longtime listener, loyal fan of the CAGcast and first time poster. Love the show. The three of you together are hilarious! Wombat, wassup with your "Samoans go fuck yourself" comment? I know you meant the cookies(lol by the way), but still I got my all my cousins to tune into ya'll and you have a huge Samoan fanbase in Cali (and I dont mean our women!lol!). I was the elected one to tell you to respectively go fuck yourself back!lol! We want to make Wombat the chief of our family cause he reminds us of a rude, blunt and wise Uncle of ours. We love Wombat! Anyways, you guy do a great job with the show and site. If your ever in Cali, hit a dude up and my cousins and I will show any of you three a great time. Keep up the great work boys!

I used to like Sarcastic Gamer when it first started but Lono's personality turned me off to it. His ego is out of wack for the size and impact in the gaming community. Should come as no surprise that he's a lawyer.

Great show guys! I don´t understand why some people where picky about you sounding sleepy, I thought the show was just fine. Love the part where Shipwreck talks about his love of Dead or Alive Extreme: Paradise. Even though I don´t have it, I have good memories of the first game on the original Xbox. I thought it was pretty great too as a dating sim, not as a semi-hentai kind of game.

Also, I doubt this will happen, but I think the CAGcast is great on mondays! So many podcasts get released thursday through saturday that I think it makes it easier to listen to the CAGcast.

One more thing: when are we going to see pictures of Shipwrecks Mansion in all it´s nerdy glory?

Great show guys. Been listening for a while, final visited the site and joined today. Thanks for helping me get through the work day with some laughs.

yo shipwreck instead of buying man diff game cabinets why not just build one MAME cabinet? that way you can have as many of those classic games as you want in one console. a cocktail cabinet would be great for something like that. good show people keep it poppin and shit.

btw cheapy toilets in japan just arent made for american shits. you may want to get a custom job or something because your godzilla turds are destroying tokyo toilets.

another thing cheapy since you said you know alot about movies on hbo do you know the game of a movie where this guy went around killing hookers? i saw it as a kid and cant recall much else about it except for there was a street clown in love with one of the hookers who got killed and the killer sleeps with one of the hookers he killed and later shaves his head bald .

When it comes to the 3DS don't think your going to see too many games that are going to come out as exclusive for the 3DS (within the first year or so) I think its going to be more along the lines of games that will have enhancements for the 3DS that still work fine on the DS or DSi.

It just breaks down to how the game software addresses the display hardware. That said its all how cool the 3D screen technology actually is, not so much compatibility at least within the first year or so.

Do don't fret ..... I'm sure the new "3DS" pokemon game will probably play fine on your measly DSi and look stupid awesome when you finally shell out for a 3DS (assuming the 3DS 3D tech "holds water")

Hell I'm still sporting my phat and I'm not too worried that I'll be upgrading any time soon ..... tho the DSXL did look mighty tempting. Either way going to wait for at least a year to see how the 3DS pans out before I go jumping on any bandwagons...... unless they release some stupid awesome must have game -looks at zelda or metroid- .

As far as shipwreck liking DOA Paradise ...... .................. ................................

I really don't see any problem with that, the game is sort of a guilty pleasure. To be honest I really don't see why the game is generating as much hate as it is. Yeah its not all that good and its essentially DOA Extreme 2 ported for the PSP. The game hasn't really stood up that well to the test of time, but damn you read reviews and its like it was the second coming of the Antichrist or something.

The thing that amuses me to no end is that the odds are pretty good that most of the people freaking out about it probably own DoA Extreme beach volleyball, DoA extreme 2 or both for the XboX and probably loved the games.

While it certainly hasn't won itself a place on my "ZOMG must get list", it has a spot on my "if I ever see it on super discount clearance" right next to lock's quest and populous DS, both of which I would also consider "guilty pleasures".

bread's done
Back