Direct2Drive Spring Sale - Week 4

jboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
261 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive.com is kicking off their first annual Spring Sale featuring four weeks of deals on PC games and game bundles. The Spring Sale runs through May 9, 2010, with new discounted games launching each Monday morning.

In addition to the sale, get $15 in store credit when you spend $75 during the Spring Sale.

d2d.gif
Direct2Drive Spring Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirt 2, King's Bounty, and Clear Sky are good buys at those prices. I got all excited about Fallout 3 until I went to the page and saw it wasn't the GOTY edition. =/

I bought King's Bounty and Clear Sky. Everything else I either have or don't want. Hopefully next week's sales will be better.

Is Cthulu worth playing? I love the setting, but it wasn't exactly well received when it was released.

[quote name='Ralsar']Is Cthulu worth playing? I love the setting, but it wasn't exactly well received when it was released.[/QUOTE]

Wondering this as well. I'm an enormous fan of all things Lovecraft, and found out about this game a few years ago, but never pulled the trigger.

I'm also running Windows 7 now, so I don't know if that would be an issue. For $5 I may test it, but would rather be told it's fine beforehand.

Call of Cthulu is an "interesting" game. It rewards you if you stick with it, which you'll have to force yourself to do. You'll see a lot of unique design in it.

[quote name='Ralsar']Is Cthulu worth playing? I love the setting, but it wasn't exactly well received when it was released.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed it until you went into the different dimension, where it got frustrating at times. But early on and especially the part emulating the story "Shadows over Innsmouth" really nailed it though. I'd say it's definitely worth the $5, especially if you're a Lovecraft fan.

A group of friends and I frequently play Arkham Horror, and I've been looking at Call of Cthulhu for quite some time in curiosity.

Not sure if I want to break the mental image I have of the board game, but for $5 its pretty tempting.

My new Logitech G27 works pretty good on my computer desk. I think I will get Dirt 2 until I can afford and Playseat or Wheelstand Pro for racing on my PS3.

[quote name='vherub']I played the main game, not the expansions. It's enjoyable, but it is also the type of game I like. Story/dialogue is forgettable, but it is more about leveling up your favorite units. Can get difficult at times.
demo available-
http://www.bigdownload.com/games/elven-legacy/pc/elven-legacy-demo/[/QUOTE]

The exp are cheap and really bring in the gameplay since each of them are it's own complete game.

It's good if you like srpg.

Dirt 2 is GFLW correct? Meaning achievements? And I assume 360 gamepad support.. how is the game? I'm more into arcadey than sim.. - really liked Blur demo.

Also - being a D2D noob, does it use a client or is it all web based login and account managment.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Dirt 2 is GFLW correct? Meaning achievements? And I assume 360 gamepad support.. how is the game? I'm more into arcadey than sim.. - really liked Blur demo.

Also - being a D2D noob, does it use a client or is it all web based login and account managment.[/QUOTE]

You can choose actually. You can download a D2D client (Download Manager) if you want, or you can just log into the site and download from there.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']WHOA... I'm jumping on Neverwinter Nights Gold.[/QUOTE]

Same.

It's the only game you can't get at any other DD outlet, I believe due to legal reasonings between Atari and Hasbro. I've waited years for Steam to put it out since the original announcement.

Just wish they did the bundle with Storm of Zehir, but maybe they'll do it seperately in the coming weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='squishface']hmmm never used d2d, anything hidden with it like drm or .......

kinda tempting to get DiRT2[/QUOTE]

No, there are no extra DRM, just be sure to read the product page for each individual game's DRM. Patches are not automatic like other services

[quote name='kilm']No, there are no extra DRM, just be sure to read the product page for each individual game's DRM. Patches are not automatic like other services[/QUOTE]

And IIRC, don't D2D versions need special patches just for it? (Same for any DD service, really)

I've seen it come up a few times that D2D is slow to patching and a lot of their games aren't really mod friendly, so I guess take it into account with games like Fallout 3.

[quote name='animalspinners']And IIRC, don't D2D versions need special patches just for it? (Same for any DD service, really)

I've seen it come up a few times that D2D is slow to patching and a lot of their games aren't really mod friendly, so I guess take it into account with games like Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Some do and some do not. It really just depends on the game. However, they are slow on releasing the patch if a specific D2D patch is required.

It looks like there will be four weeks of this. If I may sound so spoiled, I don't see anything truly amazing this week.

Nevertheless, I'll be interested to see what else will be offered in the coming weeks.

[quote name='RColaUAB']Some do and some do not. It really just depends on the game. However, they are slow on releasing the patch if a specific D2D patch is required.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think I will pick up some older games or games that are fully patched (and aren't getting any more patches) like NWN 2 Gold and Cthulu, and save the newer stuff / moddable stuff for Steam.

They had a sale like this about a year ago. Some great prices, but I haven't played a lot of the games I bought from the last one. I think I'll pick up Dirt 2 though.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']NWN2 for $10 and Clear Sky for $5 are probably buys for me...when I have money again.[/QUOTE]

I really liked NWN2, but the camera just killed it for me. One of the Worst cameras ever....

ya know i was thinking unless codemasters has improved on there copy protection methods or whatever you wanna call it. They used to have starforce which is kinda nasty to get rid of. If that is still the case i will not buy dirt 2. Not even a really good free game is worth putting drm on my machine

this is amazing! i must have gotten $5 credit from the christmas sale, so i was able to get Clear Sky for free! This service is amazing! I will homepage D2D now!

Can anyone clear up whether or not you can register Dirt 2 on Steam. Im debating getting it myself. I mean I dont think it would be too bad if I couldnt register it on Steam but isnt it supposed to have Steamworks as its DRM? Also for anyone who is thinking about Kings Bounty - yes, get it. Its great fun and not very demanding on the system. If I dont get Dirt 2 I may just wait for next week. This week is a little dull.

[quote name='Reaperain']Can anyone clear up whether or not you can register Dirt 2 on Steam. Im debating getting it myself. I mean I dont think it would be too bad if I couldnt register it on Steam but isnt it supposed to have Steamworks as its DRM? Also for anyone who is thinking about Kings Bounty - yes, get it. Its great fun and not very demanding on the system. If I dont get Dirt 2 I may just wait for next week. This week is a little dull.[/QUOTE]

You CANNOT register Dirt 2 on Steam.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Thinking about picking up Dark Void and Chtulu. Does anyone who's played Dark Void think it's worth $15? No way I'm paying $40-$50 for it.

bread's done
Back