XBox 360 Arcade back to $159 @ Amazon

Nice. I got this when it was 160 and with the free controller. I'd have to say it is a bit noisy though, so I recently ordered a used 120 gb drive for about $75. Going to be installing my games to eliminate the noise, and it also makes the load times a bit shorter. Keep this in mind if you are going for an arcade, there is only room on the harddrive to save games.

fucking NY and it's tax! :'(

I'm still rocking my launch non HDMI 360 that's been repaired almost 10 times so I'm all for the "slim" 360. If there's no news at E3, I'll just get a arcade and start saving for next gen. :p

I'd like to get in on this as i've been looking for a good deal on a new 360 since mine broke a few weeks ago.

Wonder if I should jump on this or wait for something better?

Great deal for those who want to get a brand new console for about $20 if you combine the $140 GS is giving right now for trade-in.

[quote name='life.exe']Great deal for those who want to get a brand new console for about $20 if you combine the $140 GS is giving right now for trade-in.[/QUOTE]

gamestop credit is not the same as amazon credit, much less real money

it's a pretty good deal, I just wouldn't describe it like that at all

Hmm, I'm thinking all these sales reinforces the slim rumor. I sure could use a 360 for my basement but think I will wait for slim announcement.

[quote name='meta460085']Hmm, I'm thinking all these sales reinforces the slim rumor. I sure could use a 360 for my basement but think I will wait for slim announcement.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
I am thinking the same thing. Still this is a great deal, I am going to pick this up for my little cousin.

[quote name='integrafied1']
Wonder if I should jump on this or wait for something better?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty hard to imagine finding a better deal than this.

I still have my Arcade I picked up at WM in December 09 with the $100 gift card. Best deal ever and I haven't even used it yet. Waiting for December when my first 360's warranty expires.

[quote name='life.exe']Great deal for those who want to get a brand new console for about $20 if you combine the $140 GS is giving right now for trade-in.[/QUOTE]

Does the trade in have to include an HDD and cables?

[quote name='Armor42']Does the trade in have to include an HDD and cables?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know as well...Just received my console in the mail after being sent a beautiful refurbished model -.- I want it to die...But if I can manage to get a console that I can baby for $20...I think I'd take the gamble.

Tell me more, tell me more!

[quote name='blitz6speed']Slim incoming.[/QUOTE]

Silly rumor. The pic was proved to be fake a long time ago. Think about it... if MS designed a slim 360, they would have to start a new line of "slim" HDDs, and people wouldn't be able to use their old HDDs on the new slim.

[quote name='voidedx']But where would I put my Deathsmiles faceplate? :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

On your phat 360.

[quote name='Armor42']Silly rumor. The pic was proved to be fake a long time ago. Think about it... if MS designed a slim 360, they would have to start a new line of "slim" HDDs, and people wouldn't be able to use their old HDDs on the new slim.[/QUOTE]

The new 360 will have built in storage, hdd inside the case. You would use a adapter to transfer your files from your phat external hdd into the new internal one. USB adapters to be used for storage, no more memory card slots.

Its not rumor. Slim + Natal for holiday season. Chances are we wont hear about the Slim 360 till 2-3 weeks before its launch. Its why there are insane promos happening for 360s everywhere worldwide.

I can totally believe a 360 slim rumor. With all the increased console sales the PS3 slim got, it would make sense for M$ to follow suit. Also, I'm sure they'll figure out how to work in all the current peripherals into their slimline.

[quote name='blitz6speed']On your phat 360.

The new 360 will have built in storage, hdd inside the case. You would use a adapter to transfer your files from your phat external hdd into the new internal one. USB adapters to be used for storage, no more memory card slots.

Its not rumor. Slim + Natal for holiday season. Chances are we wont hear about the Slim 360 till 2-3 weeks before its launch. Its why there are insane promos happening for 360s everywhere worldwide.[/QUOTE]

Source? If this is true, it would suck to not be able to take out your HDD to take it with you to your friend's house or to use in a different 360. I wouldn't want to have to transfer all of my music game DLC / arcade games / game profiles to a flash device whenever intending on using a different 360. So what are the exact details if this is truly factual? I would really like to know, because I've been considering either upgrading to a new xbox w/ a 250 gb HDD or getting a new arcade and using my current 120 gb HDD.

EDIT: If there is a hatch or something to open up the area with the internal HDD and the HDD can be connected to older 360's, I'd totally get behind this

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Armor42']Source? If this is true, it would suck to not be able to take out your HDD to take it with you to your friend's house or to use in a different 360. I wouldn't want to have to transfer all of my music game DLC / arcade games / game profiles to a flash device whenever intending on using a different 360. So what are the exact details if this is truly factual? I would really like to know, because I've been considering either upgrading to a new xbox w/ a 250 gb HDD or getting a new arcade and using my current 120 gb HDD.

EDIT: If there is a hatch or something to open up the area with the internal HDD and the HDD can be connected to older 360's, I'd totally get behind this[/QUOTE]

Theres more then enough proof out there. There will be no hatch, strictly internal hdd's. You use USB stick to transfer your profile, saves and some xbla games wherever you want to go.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Theres more then enough proof out there. There will be no hatch, strictly internal hdd's. You use USB stick to transfer your profile, saves and some xbla games wherever you want to go.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that kinda sucks. Sacrificing convenience and compatibility for aesthetics. Unless the HDD is at least 250gb and the bundle is cheap (which it likely won't be) I doubt it would be worth it for those of us who don't mind the current size of the 360. But then there's natal, and that's a whole other issue. Could you list at least a few sources of what you are considering "proof"?

[quote name='Armor42']Damn, that kinda sucks. Sacrificing convenience and compatibility for aesthetics. Unless the HDD is at least 250gb and the bundle is cheap (which it likely won't be) I doubt it would be worth it for those of us who don't mind the current size of the 360. But then there's natal, and that's a whole other issue. Could you list at least a few sources of what you are considering "proof"?[/QUOTE]

There will be a 250 gig model, probably even bigger in a year or so. Proof is in the pudding! I dont have a exact source for you. sorry.

fyi i am happy with my jasper elite 360, but i would likely get a new slim 360 just for the hotness factor. I hope they sell one without a hdd tho, no need for one for me.

Do Arcades come with the Jasper chipset or whatever is the desired setup now?

I need to get a 360 and need to decide between getting the new Elite bundle or getting an arcade and a hard drive.

What should I do?

I ordered this the last time when it came with the free controller, and I am glad I did. Much quieter than my old one (when that one was alive), and now having HDMI is a big plus.

yep, regular price. damn I was going to order one tomorrow when I get paid. hope it goes on sale again soon.

[quote name='Salmonday']I ordered this the last time when it came with the free controller, and I am glad I did. Much quieter than my old one (when that one was alive), and now having HDMI is a big plus.[/QUOTE]

I wish I did too! I was so close to doing it. Oh well, I'll probably bite next time amazon's 360's drop back down, even without an extra controller

I have a dead 360, but all the rumors about a slim 360 are holding me back from buying one right now. I just really really hope that this slim 360 will finally put an end to the RRoDs.

[quote name='VidPower']I have a dead 360, but all the rumors about a slim 360 are holding me back from buying one right now. I just really really hope that this slim 360 will finally put an end to the RRoDs.[/QUOTE]

It might. The main problem is the lead-free solder, which all current gen systems use. Its what causes YLOD on ps3 and RROD on 360. So we'll never have 100% reliable hardware again, i dont think. Not like those old NES/SNES that still run perfectly.

[quote name='Armor42']Silly rumor. The pic was proved to be fake a long time ago. Think about it... if MS designed a slim 360, they would have to start a new line of "slim" HDDs, and people wouldn't be able to use their old HDDs on the new slim.[/QUOTE]

I can assure you this is NOT a "silly rumor" ;-)

I'm hoping for a slim 360 too. I'm sure since there are so many rumors, with that one important MS guy talking about different form factors, that it's definitely going to be coming soon. I just hope they don't wait until Christmastime.

And if a slim is released do you think it will be an arcade slim an elite slim, or just one slim or how many times can I say slim in one not so slim sentence?

Anyways, I'll be getting this Arcade once it hits $160 again

[quote name='spideymike']I still have my Arcade I picked up at WM in December 09 with the $100 gift card. Best deal ever and I haven't even used it yet. Waiting for December when my first 360's warranty expires.[/QUOTE]

I picked mine up the same way, but through an accident I ended up paying around $120 for a 360 and the gift card.

Well if this slim 360 is the case i might finally replace my launch 360. hopefully the hdd is big because this 60gb one i bought aint cutting it.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I can assure you this is NOT a "silly rumor" ;-)[/QUOTE]

If what blitz6speed says is true, the internal HDD would be a "silly downgrade" for people like me who enjoy the benefits of an external HDD.

bread's done
Back