MGS: Peace Walker Collector's Edition - $49.99 at GS

Yeah, I'm not sure how good a deal it is, but it is only $10 more and fans of the series may like so I figured I'd post it here. I haven't seen it on Amazon yet so it's possible it's a GS exclusive like the MGS4 LE was.

I am hoping for $10 more they will throw in the soundtrack along with the artbook at least which seems to be the norm for LE sets.

yeah there is a gamestop near me that will give me leftover preorder gifts for free after a few weeks of the game being out. So a single artbook isnt worth the bother.

[quote name='Virgil_Leone']yeah there is a gamestop near me that will give me leftover preorder gifts for free after a few weeks of the game being out. So a single artbook isnt worth the bother.[/QUOTE]

I would assume the artbook wil be pack with the game.

[quote name='62t']I would assume the artbook wil be pack with the game.[/QUOTE]

That's what I am thinking too since it is a collector's edition set and not a pre-order bonus item. Most PSP CE or LE games normally come in a cardboard box and have the UMD box case inside along with a soundtrack and sometimes something extra, an art book in this case. Or the artbook could be taking up the slot they would normally put the soundtrack which is why there isn't one listed with this.

Hopefully Konami will put some images up of this package, art books really vary in quality (anywhere from a small pamphlet to an actual book). Would be nice if it had some special tin case as well.

No, this is not a GS exclusive and no, the art book is not a bonus that you can obtain w/o buying the game (it's not a promotional item). The art book is packed with the game (hence Collector Edition), we do need some pictures, which will give us some idea how "fancy" is the art book.

p.s. somebody should compile a super duper MGS PW thread. All of the deals and bonus items...

You say the CE isn't GS exclusive Serpentor, but do you have a source for that info, because I can't seem to find the CE for pre-order at any other locations, nor have I seen any specific mention that it will be sold everywhere.

This is the second time I've heard about that bandana now... does that come with GS preorders or is it from someplace else?

[quote name='eastshore4']This is the second time I've heard about that bandana now... does that come with GS preorders or is it from someplace else?[/QUOTE]

Its GS only but they only list the bandana with the regular edition of the game. Go to their website and they do not have any pre order bonus stuff listed for the CE.

[quote name='etcrane']You say the CE isn't GS exclusive Serpentor, but do you have a source for that info, because I can't seem to find the CE for pre-order at any other locations, nor have I seen any specific mention that it will be sold everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, maybe my words are bit too strong, claiming that the MGS PW CE is not a GS exclusive (there's no concrete evidence at this point). I base my logic on the fact that GS is getting the Big Boss Bundle as an exclusive. Hence, making the PW CE another GS exclusive doesn't make much sense... Making people buying BOTH exclusives from the same retail is really pushing people to the edge, even collectors.

Again, give it more time, i'm itching to know the size of the art book in the PW CE myself...

I'll wait to see the worthiness of the artbook and CE packaging before pulling the trigger. The MGS4 LE was rather a letdown.

They should really post pictures quick, because this could be one of the lamest CE's in recent memory if it's just an artbook (should be a preorder bonus) and a bandana. I mean, who in the world would actually wear a metal gear bandana for....well, anything other than cosplay?

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I mean, who in the world would actually wear a metal gear bandana for....well, anything other than cosplay?[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's a Snake bandana. That's like the most badass thing ever made. I'd wear it every chance I get. I just hope it comes with the Big Boss PSP bundle so I can get it.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Dude, it's a Snake bandana. That's like the most badass thing ever made. I'd wear it every chance I get. I just hope it comes with the Big Boss PSP bundle so I can get it.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you're talking to a guy who actually owns the same shirt that his Xbox Live Avatar wears. I'm not above unashamed game related geekery. But, I couldn't muster the courage to wear a MG bandana. You, my good CAG, would qualify as badass, then! :bow:

[quote name='eau']I'll wait to see the worthiness of the artbook and CE packaging before pulling the trigger. The MGS4 LE was rather a letdown.[/QUOTE]

How was it a letdown? It had a huge HD documentary, a sountrack, and a great case.

A little expensive, sure, but it had some great content save for no artbook.

damn it, I'm biting. Suppose I buy two games with separate release dates, do they ship at the same time, or at the time they come out?

GameStop updated the page with boxart, and info about the artbook. 35-40 pages. Kinda weak for $10 imo. I've gotten free ones that were bigger.

[quote name='dmz5e']Does the bandanna come with infinite ammo?[/QUOTE]
Maybe someone should test it out a a bank. :p I'd personally prefer stealth camo.

Can't wait to get my Big Boss Bundle and the CE version of Peace Walker. Tiesday is going to be amazing.

Snooze you lose: i can't believe they still had it this close to release date. It may not seem like rhe best value in the world for an extra $10, but its a store-exclusive MGS CE! Cant wait to see what these will fetch on the 'bay during week one...

[quote name='sgaldis']Snooze you lose: i can't believe they still had it this close to release date. It may not seem like rhe best value in the world for an extra $10, but its a store-exclusive MGS CE! Cant wait to see what these will fetch on the 'bay during week one...[/QUOTE]

I thought it was kind of weird that they never advertised the CE as being a GameStop exclusive on the website. Obviously it is as no one else was carrying it, but it was a bit unusual.

For anyone looking, I found the Big Boss Pack available on Barnes and Noble yesterday after GS.com had pulled. It may still be there. I'd post a link but can't ATM.

Anyone know if the B&M stores are still taking preorders? I'm couped up at work all day, and am hoping to preorder a copy of the CE tonight.

I already have the Big Boss bundle preordered. It's stupid that doesn't come with the CE. But I figure after the 50% trade-in boost; I can probably get around $30 for my bundled copy. And since the CE is $10 more, anyway; I'm really only out like an additional $10 to have the CE with my bundle.

mainphoto_careers.jpg

You should've predordered.

So my local Gamestop showed me the Collector's Edition since I was the only one to Pre-order it (YEs they already have them since they are street dated) Its a s big as a cereal box...no joke. Can't wait for the 8th to check it out. By the way, those that pre-ordered any MGS Peace Walker..make sure you get your headband promo.

I wasn't planning on preordering this but with Kojima set to make a stop in NYC this coming Friday, I couldn't help but resist to pick up the CE for him to sign. It was still on the website in the morning but come noon time it was gone and I basically ran to B&M to preorder it. With Gamestop exclusivity, this one might actually be one of the few RARE CE's out there (hopefully).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Miro']I wasn't planning on preordering this but with Kojima set to make a stop in NYC this coming Friday, I couldn't help but resist to pick up the CE for him to sign. It was still on the website in the morning but come noon time it was gone and I basically ran to B&M to preorder it. With Gamestop exclusivity, this one might actually be one of the few RARE CE's out there (hopefully).[/QUOTE]

Same reason why I decided (or rather, am deciding) to get one too. Though, I've never run into issues with not being able to score a copy without preordering at a GS B&M before. I love the Greenwich GS.

bread's done
Back