New RadioShack Trade-in program

[quote name='Matedawg11']There is a new trade in program at RadioShack for all types of electronics but I assume mainly video games for CAG purposes. Some trade in deals are significantly higher than amazon and gamestop but some significantly less. The only catch is that you can only get a RadioShack gift card for it but not cash but just check it out for yourselves. :D

http://radioshack.cexchange.com/online/home/index.rails[/QUOTE]

LOL this makes me laugh

All Other DS Titles
As Much As $0.96

WOOO they are paying 96 cents for ds games

IF your psp games are scratched they pay you 9 cents .... I will 10x this offer and pay 90 cents

THATS RIGHT GIVING 1000% more then Radio shack for psp games :)

[quote name='Matedawg11']There is a new trade in program at RadioShack for all types of electronics but I assume mainly video games for CAG purposes. Some trade in deals are significantly higher than amazon and gamestop but some significantly less. The only catch is that you can only get a RadioShack gift card for it but not cash but just check it out for yourselves. :D

http://radioshack.cexchange.com/online/home/index.rails[/QUOTE]

Which games did you see with higher values? From what I've seen, the values are terrible. I especially love the "Any other" category where you can get as much as $.96 for any game not listed.

Lol sorry guys i know a lot of the deals are a lot less but i saw some like Halo 3, and Resistance, and Bladestorm that offer more than amazon and im sure once they start getting more trade ins theyll adjust the prices and add more games to their catalog. This system has been around only a week or so, so just wait it out a little.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']So you're telling me I can walk in there with a stack of 20 games and walk out with 15 dollars? I'm on my way![/QUOTE]

You have a good eye for deals.

[quote name='frpilot']what the hell would i do with radioshack credit.[/QUOTE]

Spend it on an RF adapter before they go out of business.

But keep in mind its not just for video games...If you have a an old ps2 or ps3 or a 1G itouch or something you can get like $100 for it which is definitely more than its worth and any sane person would buy it for, used at least

[quote name='Matedawg11']Lmaoo and no i dont work at RadioShack I promise[/QUOTE]

Not trying to give you a hard time. To be fair, they are just starting, and likely have no concept of what they're doing. It may change with time or they'll scrap it altogether.

I still laughed out loud at the TIVs.

Most trade in values are laughable, but the idea that they'll take crap I have laying around the house I don't want anyway could be useful... most likely not though.

Hmmm, I wonder if they take crappy old cell phones (and how much they offer). That and an old busted ass Kodak cheapo digital camera.

But this thread is hilarious (especially love the tags).

you know what's funny, I now actually have a place to trade in all the cell phones from family members. $48 for my cell phone is pretty decent considering I got it for free 2 years ago, which will go towards my new cell phone when I renew next month.

Wow, this is horrible. It would be worth more for me on my ps3 games to

1. Play Frisbee with them
2. Put them in the microwave and see how the bluray chemical reacts to it
3. Use it as a "Tech" Drink coaster at my apartment
4. Make a mirror with the games using the shiny side
5. Use them as a cat litter box scooper

All of those uses would be utterly more useful than getting 1.35 for the disc.

if you don't look at it for trading in games, it's an alternative to trying to sell some junk on CL or ebay that has wear and tear on it. If you're upgrading you computer or cellphone(s), you can get something for something you might not get anything for. Maybe not the best deal or even decent to some standards but, it's an alternative...and some ppl say cucumbers taste better pickled.

...of course the problem is, what the heck would I do with RS credit.

Sweet! I can go to RadioShack now and trade in my entire game collection and get one of those sweet "gold plated" $40 HDMI cables!!!

[quote name='100xp']if you don't look at it for trading in games, it's an alternative to trying to sell some junk on CL or ebay that has wear and tear on it. If you're upgrading you computer or cellphone(s), you can get something for something you might not get anything for.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Well said. Also with these low TIV's, RS could be going into the used game business and have significantly lower prices than GS and others on used games for sell. Problem in my area is that most RS are next to, or in the same shopping center as GS.

They are givimg $12 for dc univerce online. Since I got it for free I might as well trade it in. And Mass Effect 2 has a $12 tiv too.

It seems that if stuff is older than 2 years old, it's given no credit and is "recycled" this includes PS2's.

I feel light headed looking at those prices. Comparing Mario Party 5 to the competition:

Amazon Trade-in: $6.00 Credit
CashForGamers.com: $8.00 Cash
Gamestop: $3.00 Credit
Gazelle.com: $5.00 Cash
RadioShack Trade-in: $2.64 Credit

bread's done
Back