- - - - -

OXM Demo Discs: List Of Exclusive Free Contents (Gamerpics & Themes)

#1 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Hopefully this thread hasn't been done before, a search didn't bring anything up. I haven't been able to find a complete list of what free exclusive gamerpics and premium themes are available on each of the demo discs that come with Official XBox Magazine, so I figure I'd start one. Because the free content requires buying issues of the magazine (or the discs), I'm assuming this is probably a better place for it than the freebie forum.

Most (all?) of this content isn't available on XBLM, only on these discs.

Since I don't have a lot of these discs myself (I was searching for a guide in order to know what discs to look for), it'd be great if anyone who does have the discs could help fill in the blanks below.

US OXM
Note: Items marked as "unlockable" require earning 800 in-game points first by playing the disc's demos. This practice ended near issue #100.

Spoiler

UK OXM
To add to the confusion, the UK demo discs sometimes contain some gamer pics not on the US demo discs, and vice versa.

Spoiler

Edited by Cheapskate, 14 November 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#2 garfep   shot Liberty Valance CAGiversary!   3909 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

#80 also has some Rock Band tracks on it.

#3 EarthBound Sucks   It does. CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

EarthBound Sucks

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

What do you mean by (locked)?

#4 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

You had to play demos and shit to earn points to unlock the gamerpics

#5 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11657 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Issue 103 (December 2009) had a Borderlands premium theme.

#6 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

#80 also has some Rock Band tracks on it.

Do you remember which tracks? (And if they were exclusives or not?)

#7 OnyxPrimal   Chocolate Goodness CAGiversary!   2066 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

108 has Fallout New Vegas Gamer pics
109 has Assassin's Creed 2 Gamer pics. Don't know if these are a repeat.

#8 reddjoey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3228 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

Those 108 pics are nice too!

#9 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4386 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

Do you remember which tracks? (And if they were exclusives or not?)

These were the tracks on OXM 80:

Rock Rebellion" by Bang Camaro (master)

"Shake" by Count Zero (master)

"Super Sprode" by Freezepop (master)

They were later released as DLC on 4/8/08

I like the idea of this thread. I have most of the older discs and I'll try to fill in the gaps as long as I can just throw in the discs to check quickly and not have to re-watch the videos and launch the demos. :lol:

EDIT - OXM 69 had some GRAW content for free on disc:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Chapter 2 downloadable content)

Those 108 pics are nice too!

Yea, I have one of the Fallout New Vegas gamer pics as my avatar.
<-------------

#10 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4439 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

if you could color code the freebies that would be awesome so at a glance you could easily identify what's what as well as make the thread look pretty. themes one color, gamer pics, another and none. etc

#11 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

if you could color code the freebies that would be awesome so at a glance you could easily identify what's what as well as make the thread look pretty. themes one color, gamer pics, another and none. etc

*nods* I'm planning to, this is just something I put together quick before I had to head to work (and checking in on breaks). It'll look prettier soon.

#12 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:41 AM

Prettification complete. ;-)

#13 Ackis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

Is there anyway to share these? Like a compilation disc or something?

#14 uglyteradon   CAG-tastrophe! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

uglyteradon

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

I have the GRAW and Rock Band disc. I used to have the Oblivion content disc but somehow I lost it or somebody borrowed it and never brought it back. I really want all of those Valve pictures... the only ones I have are the four character pics from L4D.

#15 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

There's a thread elsewhere in the forum for a mailing chain, where someone on the list is sent the disc, then mails it to the next person, etc. I'm mainly interested in the Valve stuff as well...maybe someone who happens to already have the Valve ones could package all the discs together in one box and have that sent around? I dunno.

But if that did happen, it'd be nice if we had solved where to find those mystery origin ones, so those could be in the package as well. I read somewhere that possibly sometimes the UK OXM had different gamer pics? Do we have any UK CAGs who could confirm this?

Also, still trying to find info on #105 and #106...can't find any mention of what is or isn't on those discs for bonus content.

#16 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

Mystery solved-ish...it appears that pretty much all of the "mystery" pics are indeed from UK OXM demo discs. I have no numbers yet, other than that the L4D2 gamer pics are from UK OXM #57. Anyone know if demo discs are region free?

#17 reddjoey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3228 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

Great job OP, looks great

#18 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:23 AM

#99 (Aug 2009)
- LEFT 4 DEAD premium theme (unlockable)
- LEFT 4 DEAD gamer pics (unlockable)

http://image.xboxliv...44/tile/0/20001 http://image.xboxliv...44/tile/0/20002 http://image.xboxliv...44/tile/0/20003 http://image.xboxliv...44/tile/0/20004 http://image.xboxliv...44/tile/0/20005

I have that issue (bought a copy just for the theme) and I didn't have to play any demos or do anything to install the theme and gamerpics.

Edit: Also, the Condemned, PGR4, and OXM Universe themes wouldn't have been premium since the NXE update wasn't released until November 19, 2008.

#19 depascal22   Daddy Fat Sacks CAGiversary!   10195 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:38 AM

Nice job, OP.

#20 garfep   shot Liberty Valance CAGiversary!   3909 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:32 AM

Holy crap, this thread came a long way since last time I posted. VERY nice work, OP.

#21 Ackis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:32 AM

Edit: Also, the Condemned, PGR4, and OXM Universe themes wouldn't have been premium since the NXE update wasn't released until November 19, 2008.

Confirmed on this. I put the PGR4 theme here and received the same response that they aren't premium themes even if it says so on the disc.

#22 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

I have that issue (bought a copy just for the theme) and I didn't have to play any demos or do anything to install the theme and gamerpics.

Ah, I'd read they'd stopped the OXM Universe thing after #100 and just assumed they kept up the unlockable thing until that point as well.

#23 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:18 AM

Major update to the UK section. I take it we really have no UKers around here then?

#24 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4386 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

The new issue and disc 110 showed up this week. The magazine does not indicate there is any free content, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Will update when I do. Also why are they all of a sudden including old demos that are no longer available on live on the disc?

#25 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3778 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

Very Nice thread. My current subscription to OXM is done at this time but I'm considering re-sub when I find a decent deal. If anyone knows of one let me know.

Plus I can filter through my discs and pull some for those premium themes. A few of my buddies wanted some but I couldn't remember which discs had them. thanks!

#26 Techsticles   Nihilistic Mystics CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Techsticles

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

The new issue and disc 110 showed up this week. The magazine does not indicate there is any free content, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Will update when I do. Also why are they all of a sudden including old demos that are no longer available on live on the disc?

Interested in hearing if there is anything on the disc. My subscription ran out last month and they comped me a free disc-less issue to try and get me to resubscribe. (I've already resubscribed through Amazon's 2 years for $25 promotion that expires tomorrow.)

#27 Doomed  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

Is there a way to tell what is on the discs that isn't free? (XBLM)

#28 uglyteradon   CAG-tastrophe! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

uglyteradon

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:45 AM

At this point couldn't we just rotate a USB device with all of these... ?

#29 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:23 AM

If there were a way to inject gamerpics from a USB device. Which it appears there isn't, without some programs to hack your USB.

As far as subscription deals? As of my checking right this moment, Amazon's "two years for the price of one" deal still appears to be in effect.

#30 Cheapskate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

Geez, if they're going to start doing reruns, they could at least make it worthwhile by offering the Orange Box gamer pics again (if the alternative is not running any at all), and this time including all the ones they forgot but that the UK OXM managed to put out. Plus, there are the L4D2 gamer pics as well.

This is the last night for that 2 years for 1 deal at Amazon, and I'm *still* on the fence about ordering, just because I'm most interested in the exclusive gamerpics and themes, and it's starting to look like they might just drop it entirely. (Though digging through the OXM image urls when I was posting all those, it appears there are SSFIV gamer pics coming up next...if it doesn't end up being another UK OXM only thing.)