- - - - -

OXM Demo Discs: List Of Exclusive Free Contents (Gamerpics & Themes)

#121 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4386 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:42 AM

Well it looks like they have decided to re-launch the 'new' OXM starting with the February 2012 issue. Unfortunately it looks like the DVD is no longer part of the package. Their notes from page 66 explaining the decision to cut the DVD reads as follows:

"You've told us you don't want the DVD anymore, and we listened. We're no longer offering the DVD, so if you were receiving the DVD edition, you're eligible for 3 complimentary issues!"

Just when they finally started bringing back monthly content on the discs they pull the plug. I'm sure it is more of a cost cutting move than anything with the decline of print media. In some ways I can't even believe that OXM still exists, but I'm sure the large install base of the 360 has helped the magazine make it as long as it has. It would be cool if they continued to deliver some type of extra digital content, such as throwing 5x5 codes in the magazine or via email, but I doubt that will happen. I guess we will just have to be satisfied with our 3 extra issues and 'heavier, thicker paper". LOL

#122 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

No one complained about the DVD that's the only reason some people subscribed to the shitty OXM for the gamerpics. Oh well sucks for them

#123 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Agreed, it was the only reason I subscribed for a long time. You know this is really easy for OXM, make an app, since the new dashboard is app friendly/focused now, and have subscriber exclusive content available to everyone digitally through Xbox Live.

#124 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2524 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

I had no disc in the January (Gaiden) issue.

#125 ratruby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

Just found my old box of OXM demos.

Is there any disc with exclusive content or was everything here available somewhere else?

#126 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

I think we had a pass-along thread at one point of OXM discs. I got some "exclusive" Left 4 Dead gamer pictures and some sweet themes from whomever ran that thread.