PSN - Final Fight: Double Impact - $9.99 Out now!

Lost_In_Shadows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Final Fight: Double Impact is an PSN title that contains two classic Capcom arcade games: Final Fight and Magic Sword.

* Final Fight is a side-scrolling brawler, in the same vein as Double Dragon and Streets of Rage. It introduced the characters Guy, Cody, Sodom, Rolento, and Andore.
* Magic Sword is a lesser-known fantasy action game.

What makes this collection special? Besides both games being great, Double Impact has a ton of special features and enhancements that you won't find in emulators or other collections.

* 3D Arcade cabinets
* Amazing display options (see screenshot below)
* Online cooperative multiplayer using GGPO technology!
* Random players can join your game while you play single-player (optional, similar to Street Fighter IV)
* Remixed soundtracks (optional)
* In-game Challenges (similar to Mega Man 9 & 10)
* Unlockable concept artwork & more

Trophies:

* Cody-pendant : Final Fight™: Complete all levels with Cody.
* Haggar-ed : Final Fight™: Complete all levels with Haggar.
* Who's that Guy? : Final Fight™: Complete all levels with Guy.
* Final Fighters : Final Fight™: Complete all levels in co-op.
* Coin Gobbler : Final Fight™: Complete all levels using less than 18 continues.
* Save the World : Magic Sword: Fight and kill Drokmar.
* Anti-Hero : Magic Sword: Decide to take the Black Orb.
* Smashing! : Magic Sword: Decide to destroy the Black Orb.
* Sore Thumb : Magic Sword: Complete all levels.
* Tough Guy : Magic Sword: Complete all levels using less than 18 continues.
* Ninja Skills : Magic Sword: Complete any level without being hit, and without using a Magic Attack.
* Locksmith : Unlock everything in the Vault.

IGN gave it a 8.8

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/053/053357.html

I say screw capcom on this one with the lock. Stupid greedy corp. They're already sucking my money with SSF4 and RE5:Gold now this. Gonna boycott this til it's $4.99

[quote name='luan87us']I say screw capcom on this one with the lock. Stupid greedy corp. They're already sucking my money with SSF4 and RE5:Gold now this. Gonna boycott this til it's $4.99[/QUOTE]

Take THAT Capcom!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL Anyone else notice in the email that Sony sent us announcing this game coming to PSN that the one screenshot has 360 buttons listed on it?

Way to go ripping off a 360 screenshot, Sony.

It's towards the very bottom of the screen, the screenshot furthest to the right.

http://playstation.innovyx.net/v?xPJHvqnEHWcWPPvPlTln[/QUOTE]

LOL, except that was more than likely put together by Capcom...

[quote name='ssjmichael']LOL, except that was more than likely put together by Capcom...[/QUOTE]

True. But I still get a kick out of the fact that someone at Sony missed that 360 screen and they proudly displayed that ad with the screenshot still on there.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I loved Final Fight in the arcades back in the day, but you can only play the classics for so long before they even get tedious.[/QUOTE]

I'm the other way around. I still enjoyed it. Me and Paco played Final Fight last night. :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I used to play the hell out of the Midway Arcade Treasures on PS2 and Xbox last gen and I do love some of the classics to this day, but some of them get kinda boring to me after a while.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't get me wrong. I used to play the hell out of the Midway Arcade Treasures on PS2 and Xbox last gen and I do love some of the classics to this day, but some of them get kinda boring to me after a while.[/QUOTE]

pac man is still good to me

it would have been cool if by purchasing this game you end up getting 2 functional arcade cabinets in your home space. that said 10 bucks is too much when mame exists.

[quote name='erequena']Gamesharers beware: This game has a 24Hr lock (and possibly can't be played outside of the purchaser's account)[/QUOTE]

Is this confirmed? That's so weird... If they can do this then game sharing is dead :whistle2:(

[quote name='Serpentor']Is this confirmed? That's so weird... If they can do this then game sharing is dead :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's confirmed, and yeah, it kills gamesharing for this game (just like it does for SOCOM confrontation). I suppose it was done because of the online multiplayer part of the game (since other recent capcom games don't have it). Hopefully it doesn't become a trend

[quote name='erequena']Yeah, it's confirmed, and yeah, it kills gamesharing for this game (just like it does for SOCOM confrontation). I suppose it was done because of the online multiplayer part of the game (since other recent capcom games don't have it). Hopefully it doesn't become a trend[/QUOTE]

Ah, good things won't last, i can smell it, the end of game sharing. I don't think this has to with multi-player on-line at all since they allow a window of 24 hours... If within that 24 hours you can't play on-line that's a different story. Hmmm, it looks like it will be patched up. As PSN getting popular and crowded by the minute, first comes the premium paying PSN service. Then comes the "limited" sharing windows... After that, killing game sharing altogether.

I will wait for a sale on FF: DI.

[quote name='Serpentor']Ah, good things won't last, i can smell it, the end of game sharing. I don't think this has to with multi-player on-line at all since they allow a window of 24 hours... If within that 24 hours you can't play on-line that's a different story. Hmmm, it looks like it will be patched up. As PSN getting popular and crowded by the minute, first comes the premium paying PSN service. Then comes the "limited" sharing windows... After that, killing game sharing altogether.

I will wait for a sale on FF: DI.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I'm glad I got all the games I've wanted that have been released so far thanks to gamesharing.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm very glad this game can't be shared. [/QUOTE]

Why is that?

OK well I couldn't hold the temptation and got this with the voucher from my SonyCard. Anyone up for the Co-Op? Add me PSN: luan87us and send me a message.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm very glad this game can't be shared. Because of it, I might buy it, although I like what I get.[/QUOTE]

Sour that you're not willing to go through the process of gamesharing, yet you want others to suffer with you? Sounds fair.

A story on the Consumerist linked to Joystiq's article saying the game cannot be played at all unless you have an active internet connection.

Has anyone tried this (I got it on 360)? Also is it this way with After Burner that came out this week?

[quote name='MSUHitman']A story on the Consumerist linked to Joystiq's article saying the game cannot be played at all unless you have an active internet connection.

Has anyone tried this (I got it on 360)? Also is it this way with After Burner that came out this week?[/QUOTE]

I don't have a 360, so I can't speak on how it works there (I thought you had to be signed in to play any XBLA game though?)

But with the PS3 you have to be signed onto PSN to play the game. I don't know about After Burner either.

[quote name='rpnguyen']you can sign in and sign out after you start playing with no problems[/QUOTE]

But the point still is you HAVE to have an internet connection to launch the game, which is fucking ridiculous.

I hope very few ppl buy this game. One one hand, I think some people have gone overboard with the gamesharing. I mean, I think it's fine to share games with your friends, but it's another thing to go so far as to share with total strangers. In my mind, the latter is abusing the privilege of gamesharing.

However, I think Capcom could have figured out a better way to not allow gamesharing. This really screws people over that don't have a good internet connection, or some people that get laid off and have to cancel their broadband.

[quote name='uncle5555']But the point still is you HAVE to have an internet connection to launch the game, which is fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I agree, however, one small issue is that you have to have an internet connection to buy the game and download it to you PS3 in the first place. But I think it's a stretch to assume everyone will be able to have their connection at all times.

[quote name='uncle5555']But the point still is you HAVE to have an internet connection to launch the game, which is fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Its pretty odd that they would force you to be online. No game should be that way.

[quote name='jh6269']I hope very few ppl buy this game. One one hand, I think some people have gone overboard with the gamesharing. I mean, I think it's fine to share games with your friends, but it's another thing to go so far as to share with total strangers. In my mind, the latter is abusing the privilege of gamesharing.

However, I think Capcom could have figured out a better way to not allow gamesharing. This really screws people over that don't have a good internet connection, or some people that get laid off and have to cancel their broadband.[/QUOTE]

That's true and that's what I thought of. If you have a game you should be able to play it. Even If your not on online. I hope this isn't a new trend with psn games.

bread's done
Back