* * * * * 1 votes

Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

#31 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

Not close enough IMO. And where is info for this beast?

#32 OnyxPrimal   Chocolate Goodness CAGiversary!   2066 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

Make your own Fable III villager. Importable in game with a preorder code.

http://majornelson.c...i-villager.aspx

#33 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:40 AM

This wasn't as robust as I hoped. Still cool, I guess. I'm torn if I should make my wife and marry her in-game, or make my friend and flatulence attack his face. hhmmmm, decisions, decisions....

#34 Fjordson   FRAK CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Fjordson

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:58 AM

This wasn't as robust as I hoped. Still cool, I guess. I'm torn if I should make my wife and marry her in-game, or make my friend and flatulence attack his face. hhmmmm, decisions, decisions....

Lmao, that is a difficult choice.

I've got my collector's edition pre-ordered. I can't wait to play this.

#35 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Make your own Fable III villager. Importable in game with a preorder code.

http://majornelson.c...i-villager.aspx

The point of creating a character is what? If you don't preorder the game. Anyway, seems interesting, but this is really of no use to me because who wants just a character creator? I want cold, hard, info!:bouncy:

#36 adriley313   Banned Banned   7622 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

The NPC will be inserted into your game and interact with you.
You'll even go on a quest togther.

This will be a day one buy for me i think

#37 007   Areaologist CAGiversary!   2860 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

The lack of Fable 3 news is a little weird, but I guarantee you'll see a huge marketing push for it once Reach (no pun intended) drops.

Regardless, already pre-ordered my CE. I love me some Fable goodies (and, you know, it seems we'll actually get them *with* the CE this time). Still, the Hobbe figure was actually pretty nice ultimately, so I have high hopes for what they're planning for 3.

#38 iKilledChewbacca   Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade! Trading Timeout - Under Review   3946 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

iKilledChewbacca

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

i cant believe this game has only gotten 2 pages on this thread. I guess people arent as looking forward to it because of Halo, CoD, and many other games that are releaseing soon.

#39 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

i cant believe this game has only gotten 2 pages on this thread. I guess people arent as looking forward to it because of Halo, CoD, and many other games that are releaseing soon.

How much can you say about a game that doesn't have an iota of info on it yet? When info starts busting out, then this thread will grow. Until then this place is just a sleepy area waiting for something to happen.

#40 Fjordson   FRAK CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Fjordson

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

Opening cinematic! It looks fantastic.

#41 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Cannot WAIT for this one.

Anyway, I really am sensing some more jobs, a good amount of new jobs. Come on, where's the leaked footage of the game!?!?!

#42 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:46 PM

Damnit as much as i don't want to give this game a chance after the last 2 I just might have to check it out after that intro.

#43 reddjoey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3228 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Fable 3 wireless controller announced for $59.99. Comes out 10/5 with "exclusive" in-game tattoo.

#44 kenwatanabe   more human than human CAGiversary!   2226 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

kenwatanabe

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

meh.

#45 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:10 AM

I so wanted to like that controller, but that thang ugly! I get it, it's supposed to look like the crown. But, as a friend of mine said, it looks like "#1 and #2 swirled together". Not attractive. Fable is one of my favorite franchises, only behind Mass Effect at this point, but I can't bring myself to buy this.

If I want an LE controller, I'll probably spring for the Halo one.

Now, if they did a Fable edition 360 console.....bad things man. Bad things (looks at sad face on wallet).

#46 Ruahrc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1134 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

Do you guys think Fable 2 is required playing? I played through Fable 1 (Platinum Hits w/the DLC) a while ago and liked it, but wasn't totally blown away. I have a number of other games to play through so I decided to give Fable 2 a pass and just wait until Fable 3. Will I be missing out on a lot by doing that? i.e., is there a pretty continuous storyline arc across all 3 games, or is there some kind of character import from Fable 2>3 like Mass Effect had? Or will I be okay just skipping on Fable 2 (which I heard was good but again not great).

#47 myl0r   SKYRIM! CAGiversary!   2047 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

Do you guys think Fable 2 is required playing? I played through Fable 1 (Platinum Hits w/the DLC) a while ago and liked it, but wasn't totally blown away. I have a number of other games to play through so I decided to give Fable 2 a pass and just wait until Fable 3. Will I be missing out on a lot by doing that? i.e., is there a pretty continuous storyline arc across all 3 games, or is there some kind of character import from Fable 2>3 like Mass Effect had? Or will I be okay just skipping on Fable 2 (which I heard was good but again not great).

i recently picked up the platinum hits version of fable 2, which has all the dlc. I think it's $20 new, and $15 used at gamestop. I remember enjoying the game when I started it, but never bought it for myself, and for $15-20, I think you can get some enjoyment out of it.

#48 super_dawn   i ♥ DQ CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

super_dawn

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

I so wanted to like that controller, but that thang ugly! I get it, it's supposed to look like the crown. But, as a friend of mine said, it looks like "#1 and #2 swirled together". Not attractive. Fable is one of my favorite franchises, only behind Mass Effect at this point, but I can't bring myself to buy this.

If I want an LE controller, I'll probably spring for the Halo one.

Now, if they did a Fable edition 360 console.....bad things man. Bad things (looks at sad face on wallet).

I don't think the controller looks that bad... but I'm not gonna shell out $60 for it. ...same here though...le console...uhoh I'd be in trouble. :)

#49 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

The Fable goodness keeps coming! There is a side-story novel announced for an Oct. 5 release. Features two guys from Albion who go hunting Balverine. Also comes with a code for an in-game weapon. Now, this, I will buy! No link, but you can find it on Amazon.

Also, if you're wondering if you should play Fable 2.....play it! Not because of the strong tie to Fable 3, but because it's such an amazing game. Go play now.

#50 jaredstorm   Vashedan CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

jaredstorm

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:32 AM

Yah, I'm betting it'll be delayed too.

Fable 2 was just ALRIGHT. Fable 3 hasn't been shown off enough to make me think it will be on time.

#51 super_dawn   i ♥ DQ CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

super_dawn

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:58 AM

The Fable goodness keeps coming! There is a side-story novel announced for an Oct. 5 release. Features two guys from Albion who go hunting Balverine. Also comes with a code for an in-game weapon. Now, this, I will buy! No link, but you can find it on Amazon.

Also, if you're wondering if you should play Fable 2.....play it! Not because of the strong tie to Fable 3, but because it's such an amazing game. Go play now.

Thanks! I had a little trouble finding it so here's the link for quick access:

http://www.amazon.co...81852515&sr=8-1

This is definitely something I'll pick up....

Edited by super_dawn, 15 August 2010 - 06:08 AM.

#52 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:14 AM

Dp!

#53 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

The controller looks kinda like somebody smeared a turd all over the front and laminated it, sorry to say. Not as good as some other exclusive controllers, though I think its tough to make a game specific controller loook good. Even the Halo one looked weak IMO.

The book might be worth a read though, depending on whether or not its just a money making spin off of the series or not.

#54 Steggy   Shhhhhhhhh CAGiversary!   7546 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

LIKE! Off topic... beat arkham asylum... is it worth picking up the GOTY just for the 3d aspect?

#55 super_dawn   i ♥ DQ CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

super_dawn

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:36 PM

LIKE! Off topic... beat arkham asylum... is it worth picking up the GOTY just for the 3d aspect?

haha yea totally off topic.....but i'm also wondering the same thing! ;)

#56 Niwen Starfire   I play on 'Easy' CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Niwen Starfire

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

I'm looking forward to Fable 3, as I enjoyed Fable 2. And lucky for me, it comes out a week after my birthday so I have an excuse to go buy it.

#57 Sogeman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:58 AM

I still don't know why exactly, but I preordered the LE and haven't even played the first 2 games. Maybe it's that smoothtalker Molyneux ^^

#58 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7243 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:24 AM

Played 2, got my girlfriend to buy it and play it with me, but was really turned off by the co-op limitations. Hope that's fixed in III.

Ended up trading in 2 and re-buying when the PH version dropped to 20 bucks, but I haven't been able to dive back into it due to all the good games coming out.

I may preorder the LE just because I had fun with what I did play, but single player games are usually not my cup o' tea. If the co-op is "fixed", then I'm balls-in! haha

#59 timesplitt   Master of your Disaster CAGiversary!   927 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

timesplitt

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

The controller looks kinda like somebody smeared a turd all over the front and laminated it, sorry to say. Not as good as some other exclusive controllers, though I think its tough to make a game specific controller loook good. Even the Halo one looked weak IMO.

The book might be worth a read though, depending on whether or not its just a money making spin off of the series or not.

yea, what they need to do is actually design a controller itself and not just paint it

#60 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7243 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

yea, what they need to do is actually design a controller itself and not just paint it

But that would cost time and money.

Why waste the time and money when you can smear a turd on a controller and tell everyone it's "limited edition"?