Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

adriley313

Banned
watch

fable-3-screenshot2.JPG

So I was strolling Wiki and came across this fun tidbit that got my all excited about the 360 again. I mean after my Crackdown 2 high wears off.

Wikipedia
Fable III is the third game in the Fable series of action role-playing games developed by Lionhead Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios and is a semi-direct sequel to Fable II. It is due for release on Xbox 360 in late 2010. It is based on the Industrial Revolution and will be more steampunk than Fable II.[2]
Wikipedia
Players can migrate their savegames from Fable II to Fable III. This allows the player's actions from Fable II to impact on the world of Fable III as their parent in the third game is their Hero from the second game. This was hinted at in the Fable II downloadable content See the Future.[2]
While the player is attempting to overthrow the current king of Albion, they need to gather support from the people. However, depending on the amount of control the tyrant exerts over a region, initial support can be hard to gather. To encourage citizens to join the revolution, the player must make promises to improve their lives when they have the throne. These promises can affect anything from a single individual's life to affecting the entire population or a class group within it. After the player has gained control of the crown, they have the opportunity to carry out or ignore the promises they made that allowed them to achieve their position.[2]
As Peter Molyneux, Lionhead's Creative Director, explains:
“ The really strange thing about leadership is that there's a common thread that has existed for centuries in all cultures. Whenever politicians, rebels or juntas are climbing to power they make promises, and very often these promises are not delivered on. We want to give a sense of that, so as you're building up your forces, as you're being a rebel, you will find this opportunity to promise things to get more power. Then after you've become leader, the opportunity to live on those promises has real consequences. ” When queried over how the game would work after the player had assumed control of Albion, Molyneux was quick to inform gamespot.com that the game would not become a Theme Park-style management game and that Lionhead would not be returning to its roots making strategy games.[2]
There are rewards for being a self-serving ruler, including a treasury filled with gold piles that grow or diminish based on the player's wealth. The player's in-game family will attempt to pressure the player into selfishly taking money from Albion to maintain and upgrade their castle.[2]
The player is also tasked with dealing with how their society works on a day-to-day basis, such as how to handle crime, poverty and taxation. Another example is the choice to go to war. While Albion is only a single continent in a much-larger world, Fable III is the second game in the series to expand the playable areas beyond Albion's borders.[2]
Like the character-morphing that defines the series, where the player's character changes appearance based on his or her actions, growing beautiful or ugly based on good and evil actions respectively, Fable III expands that to location-morphing. If the player taxes a region heavily, the people will become visibly poorer, their buildings will start to fall into disrepair and the player will encounter hostility from them if he passes through the area. The example Lionhead gave was the town of Bowerstone: in the time since Fable II Albion has undergone the industrial revolution and Bowerstone has become "a mass of Victorian-era inspired churning industry," with the skyline being hugely affected by this. During the technological upheaval, however, crime, injustice and poverty have grown and the player can choose to eradicate it or let it continue unchecked. Regardless of their decisions, Albion will change to reflect their choices.[2]
Molyneux has promised to remove a traditional RPG mechanic from Fable III, the emphasis being on removing "clunkiness" and making the game more accessible. The game also introduces two related systems known as "Expression Touch" and "Dynamic Touch." Expression Touch turns romantic relationships into a subtle journey that involves the player and their chosen partner becoming physically closer, rather than using the simplistic Expressions of the first two games. The system also applies to general interaction, such as embracing the player character's family or refusing to shake someone's hand. Dynamic Touch allows the player to lead someone by the hand to a location. Molyneux gave an example of a child trapped in a burning building. The player could go into the house and comfort the child with Expression Touch before using Dynamic Touch to carry the child to safety.
Also it will support Project Shitbox aka Natal.
And have micro-tranactions.

So are you excited as I am about this game???

Last edited by a moderator:
No. It seems awesome, but I'm sure it will dissapoint. Unless I can make laws that are retarded. Like...

Eating Chickin = forced nudity
Eating pies = eating chicken

...or something...meh. Oh. Slapping on indroduction is required, else death.

Anyway, As long as the fix the movment (I so fucking hate getting stuck on a damn rock when i just wanna turn around), I'll probably get it. Hell I'll get anyway

I wonder if the game will end when you become king? Or if you will just be wearing a crown everywhere, but have nothing else to do?

I don't know, but either way I am sure this game will be great in many ways, but disappoint in a way or two as well. Peter M. is a genius and very innovative, but the guy can't always keep the promises he makes/keeps the promise, but it isn't what people expect.

I can see this being pushed back to 2011.

And I really wouldn't care if it did. Guess that shows my excitement level. It's not that I don't like the game or anything, I just feel that they're trying to add to many innovations to this game and like the previous game, there will be parts that just don't work how they wanted it to.

[quote name='Indignate']I can see this being pushed back to 2011.

And I really wouldn't care if it did. Guess that shows my excitement level. It's not that I don't like the game or anything, I just feel that they're trying to add to many innovations to this game and like the previous game, there will be parts that just don't work how they wanted it to.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the second part. There is a good chance that the features that they say will be epic are in there, but don't work as well as people would expect or isn't as cool as it sounded.

Like having kids. Totally useless really, as they don't grow up, you can't take them anywhere and they don't do anything but make you feel guilty if you only give the household 1 dime of money and never visit the family. Also, its hard to make that kid. Getting your wife to the bed is the hardest thing in the game.

Did you all see the report that you can have sex and ultimately have children with your co-op friend in Fable 3? I emailed my gaming buddies and told them that they better hope there are no achievements attached to this or I'd hump them! I got a mix of laughs and threats to de-friend me.

I think this is genius, if it proves to be true. Gotta give it to Molyneux, he knows how to draw you into the in-game decisions.

i didn't play the first game, and the second game i just did the glitch where i got a bunch of points and i leveled up all my skills near the middle of the game, so the game was really short for me... im excited for this one but i hope its not short to -.-

I swear I'd enjoy Fable more if Molyneux would stop hawking about how groundbreaking each iteration will be. The games are fun, but that is overshadowed by the fact that they don't deliver on the unattainable level they were hyped up to be.

If its builds on part 2 then I will be happy.
I like how you overthrow the king and become king and it matters how you rule.
Sounds fun.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Is it bad that I was waffling on whether to get this game on release day, but now that I've seen the corsets, I'm sold? :)[/QUOTE]

Wait... Does that mean you can play as a girl character? The way they were talking about it they made it seem that you could only play as a boy...

Can't wait.

I only heard Peter M say be King, never heard be Queen.
Would be a nice twist though if you could.
Can't wait to play. This and Crackdown 2 are Day 1 buys for me.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Wait... Does that mean you can play as a girl character? The way they were talking about it they made it seem that you could only play as a boy...[/QUOTE]
You could choose a guy or girl in Fable II, I'd assume that III won't be any different.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You could choose a guy or girl in Fable II, I'd assume that III won't be any different.[/QUOTE]

The reason why I'm confused is because they said the story is about 2 brothers and that becoming the new king is only half the story. However, I hope you're right because I loved my girl character in Fable II. She had a wife in every city. :cool:

This one better not be a let down. The first one was good but lacked all they said it would have. Two was everything one should have been but not done right. The co-op was crap because one of you could not play your own character. Maybe this one will fix all that was wrong with one that didn't get fixed in 2 and fix all that was wrong with 2. Then 4 will fix all that was wrong with 2 and some of what was wrong in 3 and so on and so on.

I was honestly disappointed by its Microsoft Press Conference showing and expected much more focus on Fable 3. They should have put more spotlight on it instead of some of those cringe worthy Kinect displays.

Games are what E3 is all about and Fable has a big following. =)

I want this. All I know is that it is coming out and it takes place some time after Fable 2.

Just as before I played Fable 2, and I knew was that it was coming out and took place some time before Fable 1.

Fable 1? I bought randomly back when I still bought games in brick and mortar stores.

Perhaps this is why I'm not so cynical about the series. I go in simply expecting to have a little fun.

I think Peter M. is a great developer and a great mind, most certainly a top guy in the gaming world and always will be even after he is done and gone. But, I think this is probably their last chance to satisfy the people.

Fable just didn't deliver on everything that was expected/promised, Fable II had a lot of options but I still think it was too limited in many ways. People still follow and love the Fable franchise, and people will be buying this one like it the last loaf of bread in the world, but if they give the people what they promise and more, people may not be so willing to shell out more money for Fable IIII.

I'm pretty excited about fable 3 but I'm really disappointed after E3, we got basically no new information and a smidge of gameplay...I will still probably pre-order it but it would be nice to see some more coverage on it.

Peter M. said that there would be a bunch of news in the coming months. Specifically that Fable 3's pre-release tie-in game (ala Pub Games, which I still love) would be revealed next month. They also asked him about Kinect-ivity (see what I did there?) and he said they have something up their sleeve.

For whatever reason, M-soft chose to not focus on Fable 3 for E3 and I think that was a mistake. But, there is much more coming soon. I don't think we have any reason to be concerned.

Is it just me or is Fable 3 not getting much hype or attention? First, not much out of E3 and afterwards, not much buzz. I hope this one does'nt get lost in the shuffle this fall.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Is it just me or is Fable 3 not getting much hype or attention? First, not much out of E3 and afterwards, not much buzz. I hope this one does'nt get lost in the shuffle this fall.[/QUOTE]

I hope it gets "lost in the shuffle" this year. The fewer the sales, the cheaper it will be sooner after launch. :rofl:

But I agree, nobody's looking at this one. Its all Fallout 3 New Vegas, Kinetic, Move, Halo Reach, etc. Maybe people are disappointed in the franchise already? Or probably more likely, Peter M. is being stingy as usual with his information.

This wasn't as robust as I hoped. Still cool, I guess. I'm torn if I should make my wife and marry her in-game, or make my friend and flatulence attack his face. hhmmmm, decisions, decisions....

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']This wasn't as robust as I hoped. Still cool, I guess. I'm torn if I should make my wife and marry her in-game, or make my friend and flatulence attack his face. hhmmmm, decisions, decisions....[/QUOTE]
Lmao, that is a difficult choice.

I've got my collector's edition pre-ordered. I can't wait to play this.

The NPC will be inserted into your game and interact with you.
You'll even go on a quest togther.

This will be a day one buy for me i think

The lack of Fable 3 news is a little weird, but I guarantee you'll see a huge marketing push for it once Reach (no pun intended) drops.

Regardless, already pre-ordered my CE. I love me some Fable goodies (and, you know, it seems we'll actually get them *with* the CE this time). Still, the Hobbe figure was actually pretty nice ultimately, so I have high hopes for what they're planning for 3.

i cant believe this game has only gotten 2 pages on this thread. I guess people arent as looking forward to it because of Halo, CoD, and many other games that are releaseing soon.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']i cant believe this game has only gotten 2 pages on this thread. I guess people arent as looking forward to it because of Halo, CoD, and many other games that are releaseing soon.[/QUOTE]

How much can you say about a game that doesn't have an iota of info on it yet? When info starts busting out, then this thread will grow. Until then this place is just a sleepy area waiting for something to happen.

Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Cannot WAIT for this one.

Anyway, I really am sensing some more jobs, a good amount of new jobs. Come on, where's the leaked footage of the game!?!?!

Damnit as much as i don't want to give this game a chance after the last 2 I just might have to check it out after that intro.

I so wanted to like that controller, but that thang ugly! I get it, it's supposed to look like the crown. But, as a friend of mine said, it looks like "#1 and #2 swirled together". Not attractive. Fable is one of my favorite franchises, only behind Mass Effect at this point, but I can't bring myself to buy this.

If I want an LE controller, I'll probably spring for the Halo one.

Now, if they did a Fable edition 360 console.....bad things man. Bad things (looks at sad face on wallet).

Do you guys think Fable 2 is required playing? I played through Fable 1 (Platinum Hits w/the DLC) a while ago and liked it, but wasn't totally blown away. I have a number of other games to play through so I decided to give Fable 2 a pass and just wait until Fable 3. Will I be missing out on a lot by doing that? i.e., is there a pretty continuous storyline arc across all 3 games, or is there some kind of character import from Fable 2>3 like Mass Effect had? Or will I be okay just skipping on Fable 2 (which I heard was good but again not great).

[quote name='Ruahrc']Do you guys think Fable 2 is required playing? I played through Fable 1 (Platinum Hits w/the DLC) a while ago and liked it, but wasn't totally blown away. I have a number of other games to play through so I decided to give Fable 2 a pass and just wait until Fable 3. Will I be missing out on a lot by doing that? i.e., is there a pretty continuous storyline arc across all 3 games, or is there some kind of character import from Fable 2>3 like Mass Effect had? Or will I be okay just skipping on Fable 2 (which I heard was good but again not great).[/QUOTE]
i recently picked up the platinum hits version of fable 2, which has all the dlc. I think it's $20 new, and $15 used at gamestop. I remember enjoying the game when I started it, but never bought it for myself, and for $15-20, I think you can get some enjoyment out of it.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I so wanted to like that controller, but that thang ugly! I get it, it's supposed to look like the crown. But, as a friend of mine said, it looks like "#1 and #2 swirled together". Not attractive. Fable is one of my favorite franchises, only behind Mass Effect at this point, but I can't bring myself to buy this.

If I want an LE controller, I'll probably spring for the Halo one.

Now, if they did a Fable edition 360 console.....bad things man. Bad things (looks at sad face on wallet).[/QUOTE]

I don't think the controller looks that bad... but I'm not gonna shell out $60 for it. ...same here though...le console...uhoh I'd be in trouble. :)

The Fable goodness keeps coming! There is a side-story novel announced for an Oct. 5 release. Features two guys from Albion who go hunting Balverine. Also comes with a code for an in-game weapon. Now, this, I will buy! No link, but you can find it on Amazon.

Also, if you're wondering if you should play Fable 2.....play it! Not because of the strong tie to Fable 3, but because it's such an amazing game. Go play now.

bread's done
Back