* - - - - 1 votes

GOG Release Thread - Space Empires IV / Two Worlds II / Don't Starve / Fez

#931 PenguinJim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   628 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Gothic Vs Arx Fatalis today.

I think Gothic may be the better game and have more fans, but this isn't about voting for the best game - it's voting for which one gets the best sale. Considering that Gothic has been on sale somewhere every month for roughly a decade, might I suggest voting for Arx Fatalis? :)

#932 Bosamba   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Gothic Vs Arx Fatalis today.

I think Gothic may be the better game and have more fans, but this isn't about voting for the best game - it's voting for which one gets the best sale. Considering that Gothic has been on sale somewhere every month for roughly a decade, might I suggest voting for Arx Fatalis? :)

I voted for Gothic myself as I already played Arx Fatalis on the original XBOX. I had bought it brand new since I had just played Morrowind and wanted something similar. It's definitely more focused and linear than Morrowind was (I had to buy the strategy guide just to figure out what I was supposed to be doing), but it's a great RPG. I was so intrigued with the world the developers had created and would have gladly bought a sequel.

#933 Severose   I'm okie dokie and loopy CAGiversary!   2428 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars vs. The Last Express today.

Wasn't this the Broken Sword game that was free a little while back?

EDIT: Yup, voted for The Last Express.

#934 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3734 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Had Postal 2 in my cart but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Ended up just getting Arx Fatalis today and voted for Broken Sword for tomorrow even though it's already way behind. :D

#935 ChernobylCow   Say_Moo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

ChernobylCow

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Oh man. Silent Storm. I loved that game. Destructible environments in a turn-based squad game. Nothing like having your machine gunner go through a house, have a nazi pop open a door, and your gunner mow him down with a full clip that ends up tearing through the bathroom's wall and sending that poor baddie out the window.

Also, there are ninjas...

#936 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Already have both of these, but just wanted to say that Last Express is great!

#937 Rerujnoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Rerujnoc

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

I voted for Last Express I have heard great things about it. Now if it wins I just have to remember to buy it tomorrow.

#938 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Released 6/19/12:

Posted Image

Resonance$9.99

Switch between four different characters in the quest to decipher the truth behind the death of a brilliant physicist and find his latest, incredible discovery. In addition to classic point-and-click mechanics, Resonance features a Long-Term and Short-Term Memories system to influence character interaction.

Extras: Soundtrack, (2) Developer Diaries, (4) Avatars, Wallpaper, Poster

Metacritic:
Resonance(75)

Demo:
Resonance

Gameplay Movie:
Resonance
Spoiler

#939 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

Released 6/19/12:

Posted Image

Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers $9.99

Armed with rockets, rope, and a ray cutter, you are Tiny - on a mission to retrieve a pair of beloved underpants (once belonging to your Grandfather) from your arch-nemesis Big. And, of course, this struggle will involve plenty of physics puzzles and platforming sequences while traversing the Forsaken Desert.

Extras: In-Game Track, (7) Avatars, (6) Wallpapers, Art Book,. Poster, Map

Metacritic:
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

Gameplay Movie:
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Spoiler

#940 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Released 6/19/12:

Posted Image

Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire $0.00

In this Ultima spinoff, the Avatar confronts the hostile land of Eodon, which is not unlike prehistoric Earth mixed with Journey to the Center of the Earth and Tarzan.

Extras: Manual, Soundtrack Medley, Cluebook, Map, Reference Card

Mobygames:
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire (3.9/5)

Gameplay Video:
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
Spoiler

#941 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

Released 6/19/12:

Posted Image

Ultima - Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams $0.00

In this spinoff from using the Ultima VI engine, the Avatar travels through time to the late 19th century and interacts with many notable figures from the period. ...Oh, and it's on Mars.

Extras: (2) Manuals, Soundtrack Medley, Map, Cluebook, (11) Design Documents, Reference Card

Mobygames:
Ultima - Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams(4.0/5)

Gameplay Video:
Ultima - Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams
Spoiler

#942 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Released 6/21/12:

Posted Image

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 $5.99

The fallen and reborn Raziel continues in his quest to exact revenge on Kain, traveling between the physical and spectral realms, and impaling those who cross his path in this sequel from Crystal Dynamics (Gex, Tomb Raider: Anniversary).

Extras: Manual, Timeline, (3) Wallpapers, (4) Avatars

Mobygames:
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (83)

Demo:
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2

Gameplay Video:
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Spoiler

#943 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6642 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Loved the original Soul Reaver. I vaguely recall the sequel on PS2 and I remember being disappointed. Anyone else have thoughts on Soul Reaver 2? If I recall correctly, I loved the sense of progression on the original, killing each of the brothers and then the ending was a cliff hanger. I just remember 2 not being quite the same ...

#944 Bosamba   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

I voted for Gothic myself as I already played Arx Fatalis on the original XBOX. I had bought it brand new since I had just played Morrowind and wanted something similar. It's definitely more focused and linear than Morrowind was (I had to buy the strategy guide just to figure out what I was supposed to be doing), but it's a great RPG. I was so intrigued with the world the developers had created and would have gladly bought a sequel.

Loved the original Soul Reaver. I vaguely recall the sequel on PS2 and I remember being disappointed. Anyone else have thoughts on Soul Reaver 2? If I recall correctly, I loved the sense of progression on the original, killing each of the brothers and then the ending was a cliff hanger. I just remember 2 not being quite the same ...

Eh, I played it ages ago. From what I remember it had a good lock on system for a third person perspective game and I found the story engaging. I'm actually waiting for the first game in the series to be released since I never got a chance to play it. It's actually a top down perspective action rpg, unlike the later entries.

#945 Wompdevil   Noob 4 Life CAGiversary!   696 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Wompdevil

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

First Soul Reaver and now Soul Reaver 2? I am liking this! Now hopefully they release Blood Omen 2 (meh) and Legacy of Kain Defiance (yah!) and I will be happy! I am also hoping they release the original Blood Omen as well but I have been seeing it as a free download on places like Abandonia so I am wondering if the rights to the game are in limbo.

#946 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Sam & Max Save the World (season 1) and Beyond Time & Space (season 2) just released on GOG and are 60% off ($11.99 each) for the next week.

Tales of Monkey Island also released at 60% off and is $13.99.

#947 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Q1 2012 Cleanup Post
Spoiler

#948 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Released 6/26/12:

Posted Image

Sam & Max Save the World $29.99 [$11.99 for the first week]

Freelance policemen (or rather police-dog and police-hyperkinetic-rabbity-thing) Sam & Max travel to the White House, through virtual reality, and to the Moon and back in the pursuit of crime-fighting and mayhem in this 3D, episodic point-and-click from Telltale Games (SBCG4AP, Walking Dead).

Extras: Soundtrack, Audio Bloopers, Character Bios, Behind the Scenes Video, (6) Trailers, (17) Machinima, (23) Avatars, (26) Wallpapers, (22) Concept Artworks

Mobygames:
Sam & Max Save the World (86)

Demo:
Sam & Max Save the World: Episode Two - Situation Comedy

#949 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Released 6/26/12:

Posted Image

Sam & Max Beyond Time & Space $29.99 [$11.99 for the first week]

In this episodic adventure sequel from Telltale Games (Back to the Future, Bone: The Great Cow Race), Sam & Max have to tackle cases involving vampires & zombies, talking heads of Rapa Nui, and a demon-possesed Santa Claus, among others.

Extras: Soundtrack, Christmas Special Video, (5) Trailers, (26) Wallpapers, (23) Avatars, (2) Designer Notes

Mobygames:
Sam & Max Beyond Time & Space (82)

Demo:
Sam & Max Beyond Time & Space: Episode Two - Moai Better Blues

#950 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

Released 6/26/12:

Posted Image

Tales of Monkey Island $34.99 [$13.99 for the first week]

Confront voodoo curses, bogus legal charges, and (of course) the ghost pirate LeChuck in this 3D point-and-click to LucasArts' classics from Telltale Games (Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Jurassic Park).

Extras: (16) Wallpapers, (5) Developer Commentaries, (13) Avatars, (34) Artworks, (93) Concept Artworks, Fan Animations

Mobygames:
Tales of Monkey Island (82)

Demo:
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter One - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

#951 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Released 6/28/12:

Posted Image

Geneforge 1-5 $9.99

Create and combat mutant creatures (or just talk to them if you're feeling chatty) and explore nonlinear tales of power, morality, and humanity (5 full games of 'em) in this complete saga of isometric RPGs from Jeff Vogel's Spiderweb Software (Avernum, Exile).

Extras: Manuals, (9) Avatars, (79) Artworks

Mobygames:
Geneforge (79)
Geneforge 3 (3.9/5)
Geneforge 4: Rebellion (4.1/5)

Demos:
Geneforge
Geneforge 2
Geneforge 3
Geneforge 4: Rebellion
Geneforge 5: Overthrow

#952 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Released 7/2/12:

Posted Image

Deus Ex: Invisible War $9.99

Twenty years after the first Deus Ex, protagonist Alex (the player can choose a male or female character) faces a world dealing with both technological collapse and augmentation proliferation. Multiple solutions to every challenge, numerous biomod powers, and a treacherous world echo the spirit of the original classic, also by Ion Storm Austin (Thief: Deadly Shadows)

Extras: Manual, Soundtrack, (2) Wallpapers, (2) Avatars, Developer Commentary, (24) Artworks

Mobygames:
Deus Ex: Invisible War (81)

Demo:
Deus Ex: Invisible War

#953 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5588 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Can someone tell me if Deus Ex 2's godawful load time is fixed? I remember how bad it was on the original Xbox to the point of just being unplayable and I heard the PC version suffered similarly as they basically capped it to work on the Xbox.
If it's fixed and I don't have to deal with it I'll definitely buy it.

#954 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

wow, geneforge! I have had a couple, even 1 or 2 on physical media but have always misplace it. GOG for the win!

This is definitely worth your money, get them!

#955 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9966 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

DAAAANG I'm buying another copy of Deus Ex 2...

And they're getting Torchlight and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena! Woo hoo! Buying all of those...actually both of those are up to be voted on today, so they'll be on sale as a preorder tomorrow (unless they're releasing them tomorrow too).

#956 soopermv   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

soopermv

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

DAAAANG I'm buying another copy of Deus Ex 2...

And they're getting Torchlight and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena! Woo hoo! Buying all of those...actually both of those are up to be voted on today, so they'll be on sale as a preorder tomorrow (unless they're releasing them tomorrow too).

How does Chronicles of Riddick hold up? it's only $6

#957 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5861 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

How does Chronicles of Riddick hold up? it's only $6

Awesome game and it still looks great.

#958 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

Very interested in Geneforge, but my backlog says I can wait for a sale. I'm playing Avernum which is made by the same guy and it's great, so I'm looking forward to trying Geneforge.

#959 Bios Element   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Bios Element

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Very interested in Geneforge, but my backlog says I can wait for a sale. I'm playing Avernum which is made by the same guy and it's great, so I'm looking forward to trying Geneforge.

Honestly, I wouldn't. Sales are fairly rare and that game...it's a gem. Truly worth the price.

#960 dark_inchworm   Oyasuminasai CAGiversary!   1498 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

dark_inchworm

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

Sales are fairly rare

At GOG? The same place that has an annual half-off sale on virtually their entire catalog, weekend deals every weekend, 60% discounts one or two Wednesdays a month?