Latest Album that you liked?

hectron

CAG Veteran
Hey, I was wondering what was the latest album that you have listened to and found exquisite?

Just recently, I was listening to Radiohead's Kid A and was amazed from the very second it started. I know that it's an old album, but it's the first time that I heard it and thought it was great.

Thoughts?

I heard a couple of good songs from Purgatory Dance Paty -Polkadot Cadaver and when I listened to the whole album I really liked most of the songs.

Streetlight Manifesto - 99 Songs of Revolution Vol. 1

Flogging Molly - Live at the Greek

Both are awesome. Live at the Greek so reminds me of the times I've seen them live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nux Vomica - Asleep In The Ashes

Halfway through the first song I had to stop what I was doing and just sit and listen. One of the best albums I've heard in probably ever.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Streetlight Manifesto - 99 Songs of Revolution Vol. 1.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning that. I didn't realize it was out.

As far as something that came out in the past 2 or 3 years?
Uhmm...
Stanton More - Emphasis
Free Form Funky Freqs - FFFQ
Nels Cline Singers - Draw Breath (havent heard the lastest 2 cd disc out this month yet)
most new stuff on ECM has been pretty good

99% sure next to no one knows what most of the records are.

I saw Cursive a few weeks back with Alkaline Trio and they blew me out of the water.

And then I heard "The Ugly Organ" and was forever changed. Such an epic, emotional album.

[quote name='Sporadic']The Black Keys - Brothers

So dirty, so bluesy.[/QUOTE]

Is it more like pre-Attack & Release? That was a good album, but all their prior ones are insanely awesome.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven

Very good but you need to find time for it as the songs are long.

Blueskynoise.jpg

Blue Sky Noise by Circa Survive

Cursive - good choice. I remember listening to it when back in 2002 after seeing them at Plea for Peace tour with Poison the Well and Thursday.

Circa Survive - how do you deal with the super naisally singer?? I could never get past it. If you like them, you might check out Sleeping with Sirens... IMO better musically but still have super naisally singer.

My latest albums that I have liked are:
Lights - the Listening
Set Your Goals - This Will Be the Death of Us
Kesha - the Animal
Eyes Set to Kill - the Reach

I wasn't a fan of singers like Anthony Green(Circa Survive) but they've grown on me. I remember seeing the video to A Favor House Atlantic by Coheed And Cambria and that first shot of Claudio singing made me go o_o haha anyways it eventually grew on me and now thats one of my favorite songs to sing on Rock Band.

Back to the topic, Blue Sky Noise was one of the last albums I heard lately along with the new Sevendust album, both of which were awesome to listen to. I also have Sent By Ravens and Write This Down that I haven't listened to yet but I heard good things about both albums

Silversun Pickups-Swoon

Actually, I also recently listened to Silversun Pickups' Swoon. It's pretty good, but I think that it's still growing on me.

Blue Sky Noise by Circa Survive

I have got to say... I was listening to this during my morning jog, expecting to mellow out. Let's just say that I finished my usual jog and then went to lift weights like a madman. It seriously got me pumped. Definitely a step up from On Letting Go.

She & Him Volume 2 / Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven

I'll check those two out. Basing it on the fact that She & Him was mentioned three times in this thread, I'm assuming that the album is worth giving a listen?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Is it more like pre-Attack & Release? That was a good album, but all their prior ones are insanely awesome.[/QUOTE]

I would say it's more like a mix between Attack & Release and their older stuff.

[quote name='Sporadic']I would say it's more like a mix between Attack & Release and their older stuff.[/QUOTE]

I actually tried hunting like crazy for samples of it and only saw an Amazon video that had some at the end. It does sound like he's experimenting more beyond straight blues with a drumset, kinda like A&R with the backing vocals in Psychotic Girl.

I wish I could buy that album now. Didn't know it was coming out at all until I read your thread. Thought it might be an experiment album like Chulahoma (short but AWESOME album if you haven't heard it) but I'm happy to see it's a full release.

i havent bought a new cd or album in a long time... but the following were all amazing:

atmosphere - sad clown bad (insert season here) vol. 9 - 12

all those are amazing

[quote name='hectron']Actually, I also recently listened to Silversun Pickups' Swoon. It's pretty good, but I think that it's still growing on me.

I have got to say... I was listening to this during my morning jog, expecting to mellow out. Let's just say that I finished my usual jog and then went to lift weights like a madman. It seriously got me pumped. Definitely a step up from On Letting Go.

I'll check those two out. Basing it on the fact that She & Him was mentioned three times in this thread, I'm assuming that the album is worth giving a listen?[/QUOTE]

She & Him is just all-around good music.....fits the summer-spring mold.

It's worth it just to hear "Ridin' in My Car"....

Fantastic band.

[quote name='lordopus99']Cursive - good choice. I remember listening to it when back in 2002 after seeing them at Plea for Peace tour with Poison the Well and Thursday.
[/QUOTE]

Funny thing, when the "The Ugly Organ" first came out, I took my little brother to go buy it for a friend of his. I've always remembered the cover, because I thought it was simple, yet perfect for the title. His friend turned out to be one of my best friends I had through out high school, and I graduated 3 years ago, so its surprising that I literally JUST heard the album.

Great live show though. Tim Kasher and Crew are beasts at bringing the noise.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
White Wizzard - Over the top[/QUOTE]

Was going to mention this, but a few others that come to mind from the last 3 years. Although speaking of White Wizzard, "High Speed GTO" is pretty good too.

Crom - Vengeance
Charred Walls Of The Damned - Charred Walls of the Damned (Ripper's latest band).
Demetori - Nada Upasana Pundarika (instrumental album)
Evile - Infected Nations

I'm sure I have some others on my external hard drive from the past few years, but don't remember what they are off the top of my head.

And while it's not coming out until I think this summer, I'm just going to go ahead and mention Iron Maiden's "The Final Frontier". ;)

[quote name='hectron']Just recently, I was listening to Radiohead's Kid A and was amazed from the very second it started. I know that it's an old album[/QUOTE]
I've officially made it to middle age.

[quote name='speedracer']I've officially made it to middle age.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I remember getting OK Computer a few weeks early because I was in Italy when it came out (but wasn't out in the US yet). So awesome. I can't believe it was 13 years ago already...

Funny how Radiohead had that affect on our generation. I remember exactly where I was when I heard Kid A. Sitting in a Humvee in Korea. Friend jumps in and tells me I gotta hear this album. I was blow the hell away.

This thread may or may not have inspired my ranting and raving about Radiohead's catalog to my friends this weekend followed by my playing each of their LPs.

[quote name='JStryke']Was going to mention this, but a few others that come to mind from the last 3 years. Although speaking of White Wizzard, "High Speed GTO" is pretty good too.

Crom - Vengeance
Charred Walls Of The Damned - Charred Walls of the Damned (Ripper's latest band).
Demetori - Nada Upasana Pundarika (instrumental album)
Evile - Infected Nations

I'm sure I have some others on my external hard drive from the past few years, but don't remember what they are off the top of my head.

And while it's not coming out until I think this summer, I'm just going to go ahead and mention Iron Maiden's "The Final Frontier". ;)[/QUOTE]

Very good list and I saw you mentioned White Wizzard from a post you did for best up and coming bands and I was curious checked them out and felt like I was transported back to the early 80's. :D

If we're going back a few years then I have to add:

Baroness - The Red Album
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Demons and Wizards - Touched by the Crimson King
Down - Over The Under
Clutch - Blast Tyrant
The Sword - Age of Winters
The Sword - Gods of the Earth
Lazerus AD - S/T
Blacktide - Light From Above
Airbourne - Running Wild
Volbeat - Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood
High on Fire - Death is this Communion
3 Inches of Blood - Fire up the Blades
Skeltonwitch - Beyond the Permafrost
Red Fang - S/T
Graveyard - S/T

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01MGYJA78X9KW1W74WKP

bread's done
Back