CAG Game Collections - Race to 500,000 $500 Giveaway - Winner Posted

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]14107[/IMG-R]The CAG Game Collection system is an fast and easy way to catalog, show off, and trade or sell games that you own. The CAG community has already entered over 400,000 games into their personal collections. When the total hits 500,000, a lucky winner will receive a $500 gift certificate to the retailer of their choice. All you have to do just add a game to your collection and you will be automatically entered in the contest. Visit the official contest page to learn how to increase your chances of winning and other details.

Winner: Static X

iconcag.gif
CAG Game Collection - Race to 500,000 $500 Giveaway

Last edited by a moderator:
Idea:

You should add pre-orders (and the cost you're paying) to the game list and let you specify from which retailer you have a game pre-ordered. Then, you can connect it to the price tracker and e-mailer to notify people of a better deal on another site...

I have to say, I've been very impressed with the quality of the collection tracker here. I've always kept my collection cataloged online - first at IGN, later at Gamespot. Simple features here, like being able to effortlessly mark games as completed or in progress or, more importantly, the ability to export, make this system superior.

Features I might suggest? Allow sorting by console, or display only games from a given console. IGN used to do this a few revisions back, though they've since removed it. It should be trivially easy to implement, but I think it would make the collected data even easier to sort through. Also potentially useful: adding some simple metrics to track the popularity of games (putting an average rating & number of other CAGs who own/want a game in the grid)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to have my collection listed here on CAG... though I wish there was some way to import collections from IGN, as it is a daunting task to migrate them manually.

There is the export feature, could we have an Import feature????

My catalog goes up to 1200 and it would not be at all worth to re-duplicate without an import function.

I could just add a few to enter the contest, but that's not really the point here.

[quote name='alongx']Features I might suggest? Allow sorting by console, or display only games from a given console. IGN used to do this a few revisions back, though they've since removed it. It should be trivially easy to implement, but I think it would make the collected data even easier to sort through. Also potentially useful: adding some simple metrics to track the popularity of games (putting an average rating & number of other CAGs who own/want a game in the grid)[/QUOTE]
There is a ton of stuff we can do with the collections. We gotta get on that.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'd love to have my collection listed here on CAG... though I wish there was some way to import collections from IGN, as it is a daunting task to migrate them manually.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xycury']There is the export feature, could we have an Import feature????

My catalog goes up to 1200 and it would not be at all worth to re-duplicate without an import function.

I could just add a few to enter the contest, but that's not really the point here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the meantime...just enter one to get into the contest. I know John was working on a way to import from other collections. xycury, is your collection on another website or in a spreedsheet?

Just updated my collection with everything I can remember off the top of my head. I really like the Contest section of the site, nice being able to easily see what to do to earn more tickets. Also added 2 games to the collection database that were missing.

Hmm just tossed a few of my collection up a while ago I guess I should break out the oll catalog of games and finish listing them......... and damn you guys are hellbent on driving me onto twitter =P

I love CAG's collection system, and have been using it since it came out of beta. Being able to add games to the database was extremely helpful for some of my less popular titles.

I like the collection system, but it would be nice if there were more classic/import titles. I would really like to be able to inventory my entire collection. :bouncy:

Awesome contest. I've used the collection sporadically in the past and have been slowly adding my stuff there. I just got finished adding my stuff to The Backloggery, though, so I know completing the collection here will take a very, very long time.

I do wonder what our official count is now. I know Cheapy said it already hit 400,000 but a progress meter could be nice.

CheapyD- The collection feature tool is pretty cool so I can organize my collection. I will definately be using it more often. I love how everything imports nicely over to Excel. Awesome job Cheapy!

Awesome contest. Went ahead and added some, but can't remember a good collection of my Genesis games so will have to add more not to mention the PS3 and 360 games I'm drawing a blank on.

Damn, I didn't know that CAG even had a feature like this. I'm gonna add all my games simply to have them all in one place. :D

Is there a way to add pages when searching for games? I'm trying to add a few games (Donkey Kong, for example) and while it does show up, it's not showing the system I have it for. I'm trying to add Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong, Jr., both for the ColecoVision.

Other than that I like the way the system handles. I do wish there was an alternative to manual entry like the big giant list but so far so good. I should be up to 200 games in my collection now but it could take all week adding everything I have on all systems :p

@phantasyx - On the top toolbar next to Marketplace. 7th tab if you aren't counting the house icon when logged in.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I like the collection system, but it would be nice if there were more classic/import titles. I would really like to be able to inventory my entire collection. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
You can add the games yourself under Games & Collections > Submit game to CAG. I did for a few of my older games :cool:

[quote name='CheapyD']There is a ton of stuff we can do with the collections. We gotta get on that.

Yeah, in the meantime...just enter one to get into the contest. I know John was working on a way to import from other collections. xycury, is your collection on another website or in a spreedsheet?[/QUOTE]

I will be adding one soon.

Super John the programmer, hope he can. I use Collectorz Pro, which will export in any way or form, be it XML, CSV, Excel....

bread's done
Back