Remaining Xbox Games Buy 1 get 2 free gamestop

all i wants for xbox is beyond good and evil, the thief game.... and.... idk.... maybe psychonauts.... but i know my gamestop just has sports shovelware, ext.

I rounded up pretty much every xbox game I'll ever want last year, barring a few rarer/expensive ones, at gamestop instore and online. Sweet deal, if you can even find any. I checked what they had the last time I went and the guy joked "hope you like poker" because half of the 20-30 games they had left were a poker game.

NICE! The one near me has Shenmue II and I've always wanted to get it, but I couldn't find anything else to get, so I'ma get it now :)

[quote name='Juese']Set my alarm, hoping for some Otogi action. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Pretty kick ass game. Little simplistic but yeah worth it, I bought and beat that last year, only tried the second for a few minutes to see that it started ok. Otogi was the first xbox game I opened up from my big orders last year. Tried a little gunvalkyrie and liked it, but really utilizing the controls completely escaped me. The system definitely had a nice small library of exclusives looking back but nothing could compete with the ps2, overall, last gen.

[quote name='chickenbutt']NICE! The one near me has Shenmue II and I've always wanted to get it, but I couldn't find anything else to get, so I'ma get it now :)[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the one in the Burbank mall, I traded that one in ;)

Gotta check this out. Also, what are my chances of finding GTA:San Andreas?? Im hoping I actually find a new one but I doubt it.

Definitely worth taking a look at. I doubt there's anything really worth a damn at any of the stores around me, but hopefully I'll find some good stuff...

I wish they'd do this for PS2 but those games probably still sell. I have too many console games yet can always add more when the deals come.

[quote name='DPsx7']I wish they'd do this for PS2 but those games probably still sell. I have too many console games yet can always add more when the deals come.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for something like that, but rather than have a nice clearance sale on even the cheapest PS2 games, GS decided to just trash all the cases and manuals for every PS2 game that's $4.99 or less. Such a waste just to save space. Sure stores are swamped with a million and one copies of NHL Madden Live 2kX, but I was still hoping to find complete copies of games like Sky Gunner, Wizardry and King's Field.

Sorry for the off-topic rant.

Would it be too much to ask for there to be complete copies of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, JSRF, and Breakdown at the same GS? Probably, but I'll give it a shot anyway. Surely I'll come away with something, at least.

[quote name='salty tbone']I was hoping for something like that, but rather than have a nice clearance sale on even the cheapest PS2 games, GS decided to just trash all the cases and manuals for every PS2 game that's $4.99 or less. Such a waste just to save space. Sure stores are swamped with a million and one copies of NHL Madden Live 2kX, but I was still hoping to find complete copies of games like Sky Gunner, Wizardry and King's Field.[/quote]

I've had at least one good $4.99 game (Kuon, in this case) appear on the online tracker in recent weeks and it be complete when I go to get it, but if that's becoming their policy that kind of sucks. Fingers crossed that it's just a managerial decision at local GSes wherever you are.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Marvel vs Capcom 2 here i come !!!! * gets a tent and lawn chair ..... zooms out the door *[/QUOTE]
Why would you want an inferior port when there's a digital, perfectly ported version on the 360 for more than half the price?

that copy of marvel vs capcom 2 is still gonna be like 60 dollars anyways, and unless you're getting 2 free copies along with it, or 2 other great/rare games, i dont see why you would go out of your way for that, not much of a deal...

- hopefully i can find something at my store, last time i went they were cleaned out of xbox games, and the ones left were sports / incomplete generic box art, etc.

edit: nvm, the price is $34.99, not bad.

Should I even bother to look at mine? I still don't know if I'll ever get a 360, if a game comes out on the system I truly HAVE to play, I'm sure I'll be able to borrow my friends 360 to play it.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Should I even bother to look at mine? I still don't know if I'll ever get a 360, if a game comes out on the system I truly HAVE to play, I'm sure I'll be able to borrow my friends 360 to play it.[/QUOTE]

If Alan Wake, Splinter Cell, Halo Reach, Forza 3, Left 4 dead 2, Bayonetta(better version) and Mass effect 2 can't do it(all within a year of each other), I don't see why you would ever get one. That line up is pretty crazy.

[quote name='Vortextk']If Alan Wake, Splinter Cell, Halo Reach, Forza 3, Left 4 dead 2, Bayonetta(better version) and Mass effect 2 can't do it(all within a year of each other), I don't see why you would ever get one. That line up is pretty crazy.[/QUOTE]
I got mine for all of those except for Forza 3, L4D2 and ME2 ;)

[quote name='Tsukento']Why would you want an inferior port when there's a digital, perfectly ported version on the 360 for more than half the price?[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have a real 360 tag.

[quote name='Tsukento']Why would you want an inferior port when there's a digital, perfectly ported version on the 360 for more than half the price?[/QUOTE]

to resale it .....

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Marvel vs Capcom 2 here i come !!!! * gets a tent and lawn chair ..... zooms out the door *[/QUOTE]

The chances of you finding this now are about as good as getting hit by lightning. Good luck, though.

Xbox games are already 50% off plus you get an extra 10% off if you have an Edge card for a total of 60% off. . This upcoming deal basically translates to 67% off but only if you get 3 games that are the same price. I think it would be hard to find 3 games that are the same price. I would say that if they have games that you want pick them up now and don't risk it. Now if the 50% off, Edge 10%, and the buy 1 get 2 free stacks that would be a smoking deal worth waiting for!!!

[quote name='Antdogg50']Xbox games are already 50% off plus you get an extra 10% off if you have an Edge card for a total of 60% off. . This upcoming deal basically translates to 67% off but only if you get 3 games that are the same price. I think it would be hard to find 3 games that are the same price. I would say that if they have games that you want pick them up now and don't risk it. Now if the 50% off, Edge 10%, and the buy 1 get 2 free stacks that would be a smoking deal worth waiting for!!![/QUOTE]

Agree. That said, I visited 3 local stores over the last 3 months, and most of what's left are useless Sports games in generic cases/no manual. So, most of the good stuff should be all gone by now.

I did a lookup of Steel Battalion the other day, and I think there are only 2 or 3 stores in the country that have it.

I went to my store this morning, horrible selection. It was basically old sports games, free pack in titles, and the Halo 2 multiplayer map pack...

I was hoping for Shenmue II, among other things.. blah

GD it...couldn't they just be done with it and go straight to 75% off, like they should have been months ago?

Oh well I'll just have to wait a little longer, of course nothing good will be left.

*Here's something fun to do: go take a picture before the sale, and then one after it to get an idea of how much stuff got yanked and is being hidden in the back by employees.

[quote name='karkyco']GD it...couldn't they just be done with it and go straight to 75% off, like they should have been months ago?

Oh well I'll just have to wait a little longer, of course nothing good will be left.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They dragged this out a lot longer than I remember the GB/GBC clearance. There were still plenty of good games to be had at 75% off.

bread's done
Back