Xbox 360 SFIV Madcatz SE fightstick $35 + tax - BCB shipped or Stick+SSFIV for $65+

V4oLDbOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A2594991

I missed the last time these were $35 somewhere. But with SSFIV out soon I've googled for a deal on one of these for a few days.

Came to $38.05 for me in cali. Says ships in 1-2 weeks, not sure if it will ship sooner, never ordered from dell. Dont have time to play until my midterms are over anyways. So I guess not such a great deal considering the ship time.

I might just use the $10 credit for SSFIV on the same stick at amazon if it takes too long to ship.

Dont know if there is better BCB than 5%, but I searched for dell computers and got 5%.

Or you can order SSFIV and the stick for $35 + $30 + tax -BCB shipped.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259356

$7 ship if preorder SSFIV alone

Last edited by a moderator:
This is hands down the BEST moddable stick you can get for that price.

I paid 80 when it came out lol.

But like I said, make sure to mod (buttons and stick) whenever you get a chance because the stock parts aren't that great. And the modding is easy, no solder required.

I have a TE but the took the plunge anway. I've been itching to mod a stick and for $37 total after tax and FS, how can I beat that? Lizard Lick here I come.

Thanks OP!! This is a great find right before SSF4 release.

If you order the fightstick with SSFIV it comes to $65 + tax - BCB

$71 for me.

Sticking with amazon though since I get free release day delivery on SSFIV + the $10 coupon sorta balances it out.

Big thanks OP, in for one! Total came out to $37.44 so my next stop will be LizardLick for some Sanwa parts ^^

This will be my first joystick purchase and have no experience in modding these.

Can someone post a proper site of what parts to buy and the directions to mod it with?

Thanks

What are the cheapest parts to buy to make this a decent stick.

Edit:
Not sure if there cheap but got this info from Shoryuken.com

Q: What parts should I use to upgrade my Mad Catz SE stick to match the TE?
A: Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick and Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons

To be honest I found the stock stuff on the Se stick pretty good. I owned a TE stick, didn't use it much. Sold it and then was given an SE stick from a friend who upgraded to the TE. Didn't mind it at all, but it broke, well he broke it trying to mod it. Anyways hope it comes by the sat after SSFIV comes, last midterm done by then.

I'm going to just use it stock for a while and if I get serious then I'll mod it. Because I could of just gotten a TE stick for around $110 or less anyways, the cost of the SE stick $38 + the stuff to mod it +$56.10 for the parts shipped from lizardlick. Also no sanwa ball top, sold separately, you'd have to reuse the stock ball.

Thats $94 right there. Frankly if you are planning to just mod it straight up, just get the TE stick. Bigger and heftier with more room to play on for a similar price with the exact same parts + no voided warranty.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mad+Catz+-+Street+Fighter+IV+Arcade+Fightstick%3A+Tournament+Edition+for+PlayStation+3/9203364.p?id=1218057724323&skuId=9203364&st=street%20fighter%20arcade&cp=1&lp=2

360 sold out now

But they go on sale for around 110-100 often. It was $99 on amazon earlier this month.

Edit: I think the SE PS3 version was always $10 cheaper than the 360 version, or maybe I'm wrong. NVM that was just at launch I think.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Edit: I think the SE PS3 version was always $10 cheaper than the 360 version, or maybe I'm wrong. NVM that was just at launch I think.[/QUOTE]

No, you're right. Whenever you see mutli-platform peripheral releases, the XB360 version will almost always be more because MS charges royalty fees for 3rd party peripherals. Sony essentially has an open peripheral system, which is why a lot of PC USB controllers will work with the PS3.

yeah, I canceled. Eff dell. I just went to game stop and got one with some credit I had. Although dell did cancel my order within an hour of me emailing the so that was nice of them. I guess if you can wait its still a good deal, but ehh why wait.

Real shame that you guys had such a problem with shipping. I definitely ordered after you and my stick shipped the same day I ordered. I got this email from Dell the day the deal was posted:

Product Description: SFIV FightStick X360

Estimated Delivery Date: 04/29/2010

Strange handling over at Dell i assume.

ive been considering arcade sticks for a while now, i was using the Hori xbox 360 stick and it was OK.. but I kept getting an itch to buy a SF4TE stick...

after thinking about it for a while i ultimately went with an X-Arcade stick. it came yesterday and I couldn't be happier with it. $180 shipped including adapters for Wii, PS2, PS3, 360, and PC.. and it's a 2 player stick.(and lifetime warranty).

I'm actually really surprised more people don't consider this thing.. i love it. (now to find a nice high res control panel overlay :) )

Just got the delay email with the new date of 5/12. I've already ordered the parts for my mod and am itching to get started so this is a huge WTF for me.

I now remember why I never order from Dell for anything other than computers. :/

I ordered and received the email that I would have it April 29th and it arrived today. Typical Dell not having much clue how to manage non computer sales. Great deal though, Thanks

Reviving this thread for a quick update:

I received my SE stick on Tuesday and I have to say, "I like it a lot". For all of the bad press it received I was expecting it to be next to worthless before modding. I have a TE stick already and bought this strictly for Mod purposes but I might keep the stock in for a while. I use mostly charge characters and had no problems pulling off a lot of the BnB combos. Sure the stick and buttons definitely don't feel as nice but for the $60+ price difference it is a steal. I also like the slope on the front of the panel, I have larger hands so it makes it a bit easier to get closer to the buttons. The only complaint I have with the stick are the edges underneath, they seem a bit rough but that is a minor gripe.

If you are unsure about buying a stick or find yourself as more of a casual SF player but still want to get the real experience. I would highly suggest this stick. The ability to see if the stick life is for you at the cheap entry point and ability to mod to arcade authenticity afterwards makes this a really great buy.

(Ironically, Amazon still has not shipped my copy of SSF4 but I get the stick on release day, go figure).

Reviving the thread for my quick update....

Wondering where the heck my stick was i looked at the estimated delivery date and its saying 5/26 now. How the hell does it take a month to ship out a damn joystick? Anyone else have any luck with this?

I picked one up at gamestop with some credit after they delayed my stick 2 weeks. Usd it a few days and I have to say it isn't "bad" if you never owned a better stick before, but after using this and other sticks like the TE edition it is very mediocre. I bought a JLF joystick and that helps, but the buttons are just ehhh, 3 of them stick if you hit the corner and not the middle, waste of time if your trying to play online and the LP button is stuck down. But I think its a good starter stick and since I am pretty crappy at SFIV I dont think new buttons would help me much more, but the JLF stick does make a noticeable difference, I can actually get an ultra out everytime now.

Decided today to just cancel my order which was pushed back again to 5/26 as stated in my previous post. Seeing as how i would like to play the damn game sometime this month i ordered a TE stick. Funny thing it shipped today. Dunno what the hold up was on the cheaper stick.

ordered mine 2 hours after this original posting and its estimated delivery date is 5/24/2010 bah! Well im not in a hurry for it so ill give it until then if it gets postponed again im cancelling.

Weird...they are all over the place with these sticks. Some people got theirs some of us got delayed out the ass. Funny thing is, it says in stock.

[quote name='numnuts77']Ironically I just received a shipping notification from Dell just now saying my fightstick is coming[/QUOTE]

I had a very similar situation. I Just got a notice today asking me to allow them to continue processing the order because it got delayed to the 26th. Then, just a few hours ago, I got an e-mail saying it just shipped and the new estimated delivery date is tomorrow! Strange.

I've had my TE more than a week already, I like it. I switched out the JLF with my Seimitsu LS-55 w/ octogate stick. much better now. :) I want another LS-55 to replace the one I took out from my custom stick. But I can only find those on akihabara shop. :(

Knowing Dell, even though it says in stock. They probably aren't in Their warehouse. Dell seems to sell alot of non computer gear that they have dropped shipped from the manufacturer, this may be why its a cluster.

bread's done
Back