New PS3 controller/game bundles

TheLegendofTyler

New CAG Same Old Me
Feedback
11 (100%)
In "May 2010" they will be releasing new PS3 Dual Shock 3 controller/game bundles.

The Bundles:
Killzone 2 + DS3 for $60
Infamous + DS3 for $60
Resistance 2 + DS3 for $60
Little Big Planet GOTY + DS3 for $60

Great deals if you are looking for a controller and have not played one of these games. Sorry if this is old news. I didn't see it posted.

http://www.frys.com/product/6240560?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
http://www.frys.com/product/6240610?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
http://www.frys.com/product/6240580?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
http://www.frys.com/product/6240590?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I just saw those on fry's website today too. Kind of bummed since I just bought a new controller and inFamous used. Not too worried since I used all the gamestop stacking codes and edge card credit to cover it, and the total was less than 60 (granted it was a used copy).

i got all those game from walmart b2g1 at about $22/ea.. oh wells, i guess i can always get a ds3 for regular price of $45 separately or wait for a deal.

Excellent deal and bundle. Dibs to Sony for their nice price points.

[quote name='backseatdog']some of these you can buy cheaper separately, just saying.[/QUOTE]
Probably involving substituting for Used products. I could be wrong, but I think the closest I've ever come to a New DS3 was about $45.

And most of these games are attainable Used, with sale prices, at around $15. It's close, but with a bundle like this it's less hassle, new products, and all together.

On a side note, do you have a link to your avatar in widescreen format? I used to have that picture as my background and absolutely loved it.

I'm glad they're bringing back controller bundles. I need an extra controller, and it's great that I'll be able to pick up an additional game for cheap. It's going to be tough choosing between KZ2, Infamous and LBP...

Little big planet is for guys who love to use in game level creators. If your not very creative then the single player mode will be too short. There is user created levels but I find most are weak and buggy compared to the ones in single player.

Killzone 2 is a FPS with a forgetable single player story. You get this game for the online multiplayer.

Infamous is like Prototype but better. Prototype was meh were Infamous was good.

Resistance 2 I've only played online at a friends house. For the short time I played it I enjoyed it. Should be noted that this game has online splitscreen. That makes it a must buy for some people.

Not bad deals for those who haven't played some of those games. Of course, LBP is the must-have out of that list, but Killzone 2 is great as well.
I couldn't get into Resistance 2, but inFamous is worth playing.

I already have all those games and 4 cotrollers. but you can get a controller for $30 if you don't want any games. just send in lbp goty to best buy trade in for $30. cool

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']be nice if they put the different colored controllers with them instead of the black.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. I am a little tired of the black and would like to spice things up with a different color.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Yeah I agree. I am a little tired of the black and would like to spice things up with a different color.[/QUOTE]

that's what she said.

Just got a PS3 so this will be perfect :D

[quote name='backseatdog']that's what she said.[/QUOTE]
Oh snap! He walked straight into that one.

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']So its confirmed that it will only come with black ds3? Really want a white one.[/QUOTE]
same here. I'll settle for a red or blue one, but I'd be all over the white one.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Little big planet is for guys who love to use in game level creators. If your not very creative then the single player mode will be too short. There is user created levels but I find most are weak and buggy compared to the ones in single player.

Killzone 2 is a FPS with a forgetable single player story. You get this game for the online multiplayer.

Infamous is like Prototype but better. Prototype was meh were Infamous was good.

Resistance 2 I've only played online at a friends house. For the short time I played it I enjoyed it. Should be noted that this game has online splitscreen. That makes it a must buy for some people.[/QUOTE]

Resistance 2 does not have online splitscreen....

I only have 1 controller, and Infamous + a DS3 for $60 would be great. But is this only at Fry's? They charge $7.50 for standard ground shipping. That's ridiculous.

[quote name='eddie291']same here. I'll settle for a red or blue one, but I'd be all over the white one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah really want a white one but one of the poster posted its a frys only deal? I have only seen white controllers at Walmart and one gamestop ONLY, more specifically I have only seen the white controllers at the Universal Citywalk gamestop at universal studios California.

d'oh. just picked up little big planet. but if i can get this before best buy stops offering $30 trade-in for the game, i'll go for it.

edit: never mind. shipping is $7.45.

I'll have to let my older brother with a PS3 in on this deal , he only has one controller and I've been recommending him to get little big planet for awhile so now would be the best chance for him to bite.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It should be at all retailers eventually.[/QUOTE]

It should be. Just like the Ratchet & Clank: FTOD and Uncharted 1 bundles were last fall for the holidays.

Of course, it was great that Hollywood Video was doing their $5 sale at the same time Gamestop was doing a really good promo(trade any game from the list get $20 off any purchase).

I picked up two of the bundles for $15 apiece using HWV games, then flipped the copies of Uncharted n R&C:FTOD back to GS for $20 in credit for each(since the $20 off promo allowed you to take the $20 as credit if you didn't buy anything).

So in the end GS gave me $5 in credit to take two DS3's and have them as spares. :lol:

I never even heard about any Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction/Uncharted bundle. A Google search only turned up one result, which says it was only available in Europe. I guess you live in Europe.

But hey, I got in on the R&CF: A Crack In Time/LittleBigPlanet: GOTY Edition bundle for $299, so I'm happy.

Matt, there were two bundles last year that had Uncharted: DF and Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD, each, with a DS3 controller here in the U.S. I saw them offerend online at bestbuy.com, amazon.com and frys.com and they were also in stores at Fry's Electronics, Best Buy and I believe they were also at Walmart and Sears.

EDIT: Here's what the Uncharted w/ DS3 bundle looked like. This is not the price that they were offering the package for last year. http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Dra..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272263057&sr=8-1

[quote name='robodaddyo']Matt, there were two bundles last year that had Uncharted: DF and Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD, each, with a DS3 controller here in the U.S. I saw them offerend online at bestbuy.com, amazon.com and frys.com and they were also in stores at Fry's Electronics, Best Buy and I believe they were also at Walmart and Sears.

EDIT: Here's what the Uncharted w/ DS3 bundle looked like. This is not the price that they were offering the package for last year. http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Dra..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272263057&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Apparently, I am an idiot. For some reason, I thought he was talking about those 2 games being bundled with the system, hence my mentioning my purchase of the PS3 bundle.

After looking through the paperwork the corporate gave us, it's dated for May 4th. Though, no way we can know for sure. Just what it said.

Any solid confirmation on when these bundles are coming out? I'm hoping to order one from Amazon...

bread's done
Back