PS3 Rocketfish Wireless Controller $9.99

i purchased when it first came out. Paid 47.00 . Its not bad i like the new datel better personally. But for that price maybe worth getting as a backup or for tinkering with.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']are these controller's any good?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for their controllers, but I have a pc adapter by them which is pretty good.

What's their price match policy? I bought 2 when they were $15, pretty sure I'm still within the 30 day return period though. Return rebuy maybe?

Don't get it if you intend on using it wirelessly. The lag is horrible. Connected with USB is fine, but the lag is terrible wirelessly. Also, L1 and R1 are placed at a weird angle.

[quote name='Mr. Jack']I think this link will work to check stock in stores:

Check Stock[/QUOTE]

Yeah that worked for me. 2 Closest stores to me show that they have them. Closest, I know for sure that they do. They had 10+ of em.

I picked up two of these at the $14.99 point. I mainly did it because I already had two official controllers and wanted a cheap way to have 4-player split-screen Warhawk. I've only used them one night for that, but didn't notice any lag issues with the controls. The biggest pain is by far the L1 & R1 placement. It's doable if you're only using them once in a while, but for games where you're using them a lot, I'm guessing most people would find it incredibly uncomfortable. They also feel pretty light and don't have a lot of heft to them, but I'd still consider them as a good deal for $10 or $15 if you occasionally want to have four people playing on your PS3.

i just bought one of these on sunday for $24.99 at best buy. i just placed an order for 2 of them for 19.99 total, so tomorrow, i'll be returning the one i have. for some reason, anyways, the L1 doesnt click right

I bought one when it was mentioned at being at the $15 price point. I've been impressed with it so far, but do prefer my official Sony controllers.

hmm.. i have friends who have x360 and whenever we play 3rd party games we both own at each other's house were not always 100% because we're not use to the different controller. Would this be a good way for my x360 friends to play comfortably on my ps3 ? or ... complete crap and are better off using the ps3 controller?

thanks op, i missed the deal when it was 15 dollars. to me its still is 15 dollars since shipping for 2 controllers is 10 dollars. does the controller come with a usb cord to charge the battery?

It comes with a 6 foot cable I believe. Was impressed with the length of this one.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']thanks op, i missed the deal when it was 15 dollars. to me its still is 15 dollars since shipping for 2 controllers is 10 dollars. does the controller come with a usb cord to charge the battery?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='revsmitty']It comes with a 6 foot cable I believe. Was impressed with the length of this one.[/QUOTE]

It is crazy long and is actually nine feet

i bought one last week at 14.99 to be honest i didnt even plug it into my system. I kept the charge cable because it is in fact 9 feet!

however the controller is poorly designed and cheaply made. it felt awkward in my hands, buttons nearly broke when taking it out of that dreaded "blister packaging" (which i found out why they call it that...)

The thing flat out BLOWS as far as i am concerned but take that with a grain of salt since i didnt PLAY with it, :( but on a positive note, it doesnt need a dongle to the system, its like the 1st party in that sense.

but what the hey, for 10 bones you may get it and like it who knows! I would go against it though

[quote name='RiCeBo1']For $10...you can't go wrong :)[/QUOTE]

well.. friend... sometimes you just gotta resist.. take part in my experiment in a desperate attempt to save you money, hand me a 10 and spread 'em. I'll put my boots on. :applause:

So tempting...I may grab one on Tuesday on my way up to Akron. Mmm.

I'll definitely have to see it in person before I fork out the cash...Negative opinions really turn me off. But I do really hate the DS3 for FPSs

[quote name='Ronin317']That's what she said.[/QUOTE]Damn. I was typing this as I read that hoping no one got it first. lol

Anyway, I think I'll pass. I'm all for a $10 controller, but shipping kills the deal.

This is tempting, since I'm looking for a 3rd party controller with rumble for the PS3 (wireless would be a bonus). In this case, the Rocketfish doesn't sound all that wireless to begin with if there's lag.

I thought about getting the Logitech Rumblepad 2 for the PC and using it for the PS3, but it doesn't look like the rumble works for PS3 games.

[quote name='luan87us']Hmm might buy this for the PCB. Need one to replace the broken one in my fightstick.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing myself...perhaps this would be nice to toss into a PS2 stick with a c-board, make it a dual purpose...

Yea, the lag is pretty bad wirelessly. Tested it out on Wipeout and smashed my car big time! Wired it works ok though. Like many have said, works well for a guest controller. Much better than dropping $50+ on a controller that will only be used sparingly!

There's 3 left on the shelf at the SF store on 13th and Harrison.

Bought 1 today, figured I could return it if it sucked. Tried it out, not bad. Didn't try the six axis, but rumbled good and buttons all seemed good, no lag for me. The R1 and L1 buttons are a little high from the R2/L2 but not to terrible. Cord is really long, I liked that. I have 2 Dual Shock 3 controllers, so not a huge need. I will probably get another just to have 4 controllers and not have to pay to much. Layout is like Xbox 360 which is nice, not bad for extra controllers or for FPS. Time will tell if lag gets me, but I feel like for $10 its a good deal for me. Thanks OP

Coming from a 360 controller I really like this. I noticed a bit of lag when I first used it, but I think the lag eventually works itself out. Others have mentioned the same thing in some reviews I read. If you're worried you could always just leave it plugged in with the massive USB cable.

I bought it on clearance a while back at $30 or something like that after I bought a PS3. Haven't used my dual shock... ever.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Bought 1 today, figured I could return it if it sucked. Tried it out, not bad. Didn't try the six axis, but rumbled good and buttons all seemed good, no lag for me. The R1 and L1 buttons are a little high from the R2/L2 but not to terrible. Cord is really long, I liked that. I have 2 Dual Shock 3 controllers, so not a huge need. I will probably get another just to have 4 controllers and not have to pay to much. Layout is like Xbox 360 which is nice, not bad for extra controllers or for FPS. Time will tell if lag gets me, but I feel like for $10 its a good deal for me. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input.

[quote name='shiftomnimega']Coming from a 360 controller I really like this. I noticed a bit of lag when I first used it, but I think the lag eventually works itself out. Others have mentioned the same thing in some reviews I read. If you're worried you could always just leave it plugged in with the massive USB cable.

I bought it on clearance a while back at $30 or something like that after I bought a PS3. Haven't used my dual shock... ever.[/QUOTE]

You too.

i picked up 2 yesterday, but i got one back a few weeks ago when it was $25 (returned it because of the 9.99 deal)

i played through a good chunk of Uncharted 2 with it, and i must say, it's not as bad as many people claim it to be. it's just the button placements of the R1/L1 that are different, but certainly not a deal breaker.

hell, for $10, you'll get a decent controller. i would never pay the $47.99 they were asking as MSRP, but $10 is a steal.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been intrepid enough to see if the insides of a Rocketfish would fit in an authentic Xbox 360 controller?

[quote name='UlysisAM']Just out of curiosity, has anyone been intrepid enough to see if the insides of a Rocketfish would fit in an authentic Xbox 360 controller?[/QUOTE]
I haven't but that would be super cool if it could work!

For those that are wondering about the quality of the controller, I have two and have had no problems with them. I heard about the wireless lag issue, but my belief is that its related to low battery conditions. I keep mine charged up and have not had the problem. The controller is hard plastic, larger and shaped like a 360 controller, so its great if thats what you want. Nothing like the DS3 (which I don't care for, BTW). Cable length is better than DS3. I have not tried the autofire much, but it seems to work fine.

Once I learned to swap the R1-R2 and L1-L2 functionality for COD:MW2, I started getting 50% more kills (of course I was pitiful with a DS3 after coming straight from the 360).

For $10, I say buy it! I would get some extra ones in case others die, but with an internal battery you know time will eventually kill that...especially if you don't use it and re-charge it fairly regularly.

[quote name='UlysisAM']Just out of curiosity, has anyone been intrepid enough to see if the insides of a Rocketfish would fit in an authentic Xbox 360 controller?[/QUOTE]

Spmepne needs to try this ASAP

bread's done
Back