Skate 3 with $10 gift card starting 4/26 at Amazon

Would have thought it was already on the master Amazon credit list, but it really is that new. Already picked it up during that big PAX East/EA Store promo for $40 back in March. So can't wait for this game.

On another note, anyone hear if there's going to be the "Project Ten Dollar" DLC program with this game like they did for Mass Effect 2 and Bad Company 2? Would be nice to get some free camera filters instead of having to shell out $$ for them as paid DLC.

[quote name='JohnDM']Would have thought it was already on the master Amazon credit list, but it really is that new. Already picked it up during that big PAX East/EA Store promo for $40 back in March. So can't wait for this game.

On another note, anyone hear if there's going to be the "Project Ten Dollar" DLC program with this game like they did for Mass Effect 2 and Bad Company 2? Would be nice to get some free camera filters instead of having to shell out $$ for them as paid DLC.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they said in a video diary that all the cameras will be unlocked from the get-go.

Even though I preordered skate 3 from EA for $39.99 with standard shipping and my prime trial ended, I just might do the preorder with release-date delivery. I'm too big of a skate fan to not want to obsessively play it the day it comes out.

I have $50 in amazon credit (thanks to trading in $10 worth of games from EA's store!), so with release-date delivery $13 ($63-$50 credit) for skate 3 and $10 amazon game credit seems better than $40 from EA with the game arriving who knows when.

[quote name='Armor42']Even though I preordered skate 3 from EA for $39.99 with standard shipping and my prime trial ended, I just might do the preorder with release-date delivery. I'm too big of a skate fan to not want to obsessively play it the day it comes out.

I have $50 in amazon credit (thanks to trading in $10 worth of games from EA's store!), so with release-date delivery $13 ($63-$50 credit) for skate 3 and $10 amazon game credit seems better than $40 from EA with the game arriving who knows when.[/QUOTE]

I emailed EA about their shipping since my order email says it's scheduled to be delivered on the 30th of May. They said that I shouldn't go off that date, and that in most cases, if you have a game pre-ordered, they ship it a day or two prior to release to ensure you'll get it on release date or very close to it.

Nice! I enjoyed the demo thoroughly and I have never played the first two Skates (aside from their previous demos). I need something new to freshen up my library. Getting tired of these FPS games.

Should hopefully be able to trade some more games in to Amazon for some credit too.

[quote name='SEH']I emailed EA about their shipping since my order email says it's scheduled to be delivered on the 30th of May. They said that I shouldn't go off that date, and that in most cases, if you have a game pre-ordered, they ship it a day or two prior to release to ensure you'll get it on release date or very close to it.[/QUOTE]

Hm, it would be awesome to get it release day from them. I read some stories of people's preorders arriving 5 or so days after release. It probably depends on location and maybe things have changed more recently.

yeah, street fighter 4, red dead redemption, lost planet 2.

This came out at a horrible time. Will happily play those for a few months and pick up skate 3 for $30 down the road.

[quote name='variablesunknown']I see the twitter post but as of right now it is still not showing up on Amazon's site, weird.

Hope they post it soon, I've been playing skate 2 after the skate 3 demo got me stoked for it again.[/QUOTE]
It's up now showing the $10 credit you can get for preordering.

Still debating if I should preorder this or pick up Skate 2 for cheap. Never owned any of the Skates, but enjoyed the demo for both the 2nd and 3rd versions.

I am now following amazon on twitter, but I see no mention of Skate 3 anywhere. Not that it matters. I don't really use twitter. It's my dumping ground for contests that require me to follow them in order to participate.

[quote name='nflsonic']It's up now showing the $10 credit you can get for preordering.

Still debating if I should preorder this or pick up Skate 2 for cheap. Never owned any of the Skates, but enjoyed the demo for both the 2nd and 3rd versions.[/QUOTE]

If your not into playing online, or editing and sharing vids, then Skate 2 is a great game. You can do those things with Skate 2, but I'm assuming once 3 comes out, online play and vids will dry up for the older game. But it's not like the gameplay of 2 is 'old' or anything.

bread's done
Back