400 Free Microsoft Points!

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Microsoft are giving away 400 free Microsoft Points, all you need to down is download the Red Dead Redemption "Multiplayer Free Roam" trailer from Xbox Live, more details here. :)

Just to clarify a couple of things for people, I read on a few places that it doesn't officially start til 01:01 for us in the UK because we're in BST, and that it's not the first 5,000 people - just 5,000 at random.

[quote name='StealthSoul']Just to clarify a couple of things for people, I read on a few places that it doesn't officially start til 01:01 for us in the UK because we're in BST, and that it's not the first 5,000 people - just 5,000 at random.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it was Graeme "the 250GB HDD is £64.99 with no transfer cable" Boyd that said that. Probably safer to download it early!

Has anyone gotten any confirmation on whether they've won or not?

EDIT: "The Xbox tokens will be sent to the corresponding LIVE ID email account, within 4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion period" which is May 10th.

The last promo they had on (with the buy 3 EA downloadable content and get 400 MS points) took quite a while from the end of the promotion so I'm guessing we'll be kept waiting for quite a while!

I had 400 points transferred into my account about a week or 2 back, only thing I can think of is the RDR promo. Otherwise I have no idea where it came from.

Nope I thought about that quickly, but I only got PD, only tried the trials of Toy Soldiers and Scrap Metal

[quote name='Abaddon']I had 400 points transferred into my account about a week or 2 back, only thing I can think of is the RDR promo. Otherwise I have no idea where it came from.[/QUOTE]

Did you get an email or something or did the points just appear in your account?

[quote name='saunderscowie']Did you get an email or something or did the points just appear in your account?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get an email when they gave me my 800MSP for the summer of arcade promotion so I doubt he got an email.

Well, there was a 400 points deposit put in my account on the 4th May, the details section is dashed, whereas ones I've bought have the payment details there. Only thing I can think of is the RDR promo, unless anyone else can think of any promos I've forgotten about, and like I said, it wasn't the PD/Scrap Metal/Toy Soldiers/Games Room one as I didn't buy all of them.

Edit: And no, I didn't receive an email at all.

there was 400 points added to my account as well that i dont know what its for

well 800 but 400 was from the arcade game promotion

12/05/2010 Things on Wheels -- ArcadeGame -800Microsoft Points
11/05/2010 Points added -- Points 400Microsoft Points 950Microsoft Points
10/05/2010 Avatars, Ghosts'n Zombies -- CommunityGame -80Microsoft Points
04/05/2010 Points added -- Points 400Microsoft Points 630Microsoft Points

[quote name='toythatkills']Well, we certainly should've heard something by now. Has anyone even received the free theme that everyone was supposed to get?[/QUOTE]

nope

i got an email with free mspoints today (400) im from the usa.

subject: Enjoy 400 points on us

body:

Redeem the code below by July 12, 2010, to get your Microsoft Points* (see instructions on how to redeem your code at the bottom of this e-mail).

The Xbox LIVE Marketplace is your place to get the best in game add-ons, movies, Avatar gear, free game demos, game and movie trailers, and more**.

No free Microsoft Points, but I did recieve a token to download the Red Dead Redemption theme.

It's not a premium theme.

Just got codes for points and a theme oh no wait the point code's invalid.

Apparently the codes are locked to US profiles. Smart.

Just got my codes though and I too was wondering why the points redeem code wasn't working... US locked? really?!? I thought this was a UK only "competition" (this is mentioned on the first page of this thread), so if they're sending out US only codes to UK winners something doesn't seem right... I'm going to e-mail [email protected] and see if there has been some kind of minor hiccup...

[quote name='locus2k1']Just got my codes though and I too was wondering why the points redeem code wasn't working... US locked? really?!? I thought this was a UK only "competition" (this is mentioned on the first page of this thread), so if they're sending out US only codes to UK winners something doesn't seem right... I'm going to e-mail [email protected] and see if there has been some kind of minor hiccup...[/QUOTE]

I tried doing that but the Hotmail "postmaster" thing kept saying that it failed. So I gave up and gave mine to an American buddy. It worked for him, so it's definitely confirmed.

Only 5000 people got points. Some say it was the first 5000 downloaders, others reckon they were picked randomly.

It was the first 5000. Aceybongos said it was a random 5000 but then backtracked and said he was wrong and that it was actually the first 5000. This is what's causing the confusion.

I downloaded the trailer at 1201 or something, and got points, for what it's worth.

bread's done
Back