Early Halo Reach Beta Access

poker360

Banned
Well some may not consider this a deal, but i do. You are getting this about 4 days earlier (haven't heard the details on exactly how to get it early yet). I'm sure everyone has heard the term: Time = Money. So if you add it up, 4 days = time = money. So technically you are getting -4 days = time = +money. So for the earlier time you get the beta (negative) will result in more money (positive)....

It's a simple math equation, and the result of this is an awesome deal. :cool:

Details: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086104p1.html

-----------------------

Twitter: http://twitter.com/igncom

follow gamespy / retweet. Click link above

------------------------

Giantbomb: If you are a member, look at the "limited edition quests" complete the halo reach themed one for your chance for a beta key

-----------------------

Sorry, i had to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... should be in Contests and Free Stuff I believe but whatever. I am following both, but hopefully people update this because I do not check either of those sites much at all.

[quote name='BrolyB593']but hopefully people update this because I do not check either of those sites much at all.[/QUOTE]
i second this motion

[quote name='cRodz']i second this motion[/QUOTE]

I'll update it when more info. becomes available. A mod can feel free to move to contests and free stuff, but it's also a "Video game deal" based on my incredible mathematical equation

I'll forgive you for posting it here if you tell us what to do when the time comes. Because I am not becoming a fan of them on Facebook.

[quote name='Unrealevil']I'll forgive you for posting it here if you tell us what to do when the time comes. Because I am not becoming a fan of them on Facebook.[/QUOTE]

like i said, i will update the op when more info. arrives :D

and your forgiveness is of most importance.

Are site is real shitty so we'll try and get you to visit by giving you something a week early thats free... Not for anything but yes it would be cool to play it b4 every1 else but fuck ign

[quote name='LouTenit Dan']Are site is real shitty so we'll try and get you to visit by giving you something a week early thats free... Not for anything but yes it would be cool to play it b4 every1 else but fuck ign[/QUOTE]

don't be hatin on IGN.

their the shit

Awesome, thanks for the heads up poker360! I'll go ahead and follow on facebook and twitter, and I too will update any news if there are any.

Went ahead and followed on twitter. After ODST Halo felt dead to me but after watching Giant Bomb's video they posted today I feel like I could find some enjoyment in it.

No you wont need the ODST disk.

"Bungie and Microsoft have decided to give us a handful of access codes that will allow the lucky recipients to download the Beta and start playing on April 29"

[quote name='Brother Daz']No you wont need the ODST disk.

"Bungie and Microsoft have decided to give us a handful of access codes that will allow the lucky recipients to download the Beta and start playing on April 29"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for conforming this. I'll be waiting hopefully they will have so many codes to give out we will all get one.

So as long as you've got that star next to the "tweet" it's been "retweeded" and you are good for the drawing? Sorry but I never use twitter so I'm twitter-retarded.

[quote name='kidrocklive']So as long as you've got that star next to the "tweet" it's been "retweeded" and you are good for the drawing? Sorry but I never use twitter so I'm twitter-retarded.[/QUOTE]

as far as im aware, yes.

No offense to the OP, but I can wait a day or two.
If this was about 2 weeks in advance like SEGA did with Bayonetta (or the week or so with the 2nd Lost Planet 2 online demo), it would be a different story.
Anyway, congrats in advance to anyone that gets it early. And thanks to the OP for posting it regardless.

I for one am REALLY wanting that Beta code. I do not have my ODST disc 1 anymore, and unless I buy a second copy I am assed out on playiong the Beta. I retweeted, and am waiting for facebook to tell me what to do. what is Giantbomb?

[quote name='agentcoop007']I for one am REALLY wanting that Beta code. I do not have my ODST disc 1 anymore, and unless I buy a second copy I am assed out on playiong the Beta. I retweeted, and am waiting for facebook to tell me what to do. what is Giantbomb?[/QUOTE]

lol.. www.giantbomb.com

a video game website created by Jeff Gerstmann, who got fired from gamespot for giving kane & lynch a bad review when the publisher paid them lots to advertise on their site.

This is fuck why did I buy ODST if I didn't need it for the Beta. What fucks first they say we are going to get a beta, then we find out we got to wait 6 monthes and now we find out we could of sold their 3 hour game to get some money back... this is fuck

[quote name='agentcoop007']I for one am REALLY wanting that Beta code. I do not have my ODST disc 1 anymore[/QUOTE]

this, although I never owned ODST, only rented it.

Meh...I bought ODST cheap during the gamefly.com sale, and I kind of like it so I don't really need this, but thanks anyway, OP.

[quote name='poker360']lol.. www.giantbomb.com

a video game website created by Jeff Gerstmann, who got fired from gamespot for giving kane & lynch a bad review when the publisher paid them lots to advertise on their site.[/QUOTE]

Cool site, I am having problems completing this quest tho :(

[quote name='agentcoop007']Cool site, I am having problems completing this quest tho :([/QUOTE]

You need to first become a member, then all you need to do is type in 'halo' in the search bar, click on 'franchise' then open a tab/window on each of the halo games, and once you open and check the game profiles you'll get a notification that you've progressed in the quest, until you've looked up all 6 games. That's it!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']You need to first become a member, then all you need to do is type in 'halo' in the search bar, click on 'series' then open a tab/window on each of the halo games, and once you open and check the game profiles you'll get a notification that you've progressed in the quest, until you've looked up all 6 games. That's it![/QUOTE]

Thanks but I thought I needed to do the other three quests also, 1 was watch the 36 min preview. the other was to watch all the halo reach videos, the third was about finding a page about the early mode of muiltplayer it was called something like "fifteen year olds with headsets" or something like that. But when I got to my profile and load up Quest tracker the little box just stays loading forever.

Anyways thanks for the info, maybe you are right and I just needed to complete the "Previously on..." nothing else :D

[quote name='agentcoop007']Thanks but I thought I needed to do the other three quests also, 1 was watch the 36 min preview. the other was to watch all the halo reach videos, the third was about finding a page about the early mode of muiltplayer it was called something like "fifteen year olds with headsets" or something like that. But when I got to my profile and load up Quest tracker the little box just stays loading forever.

Anyways thanks for the info, maybe you are right and I just needed to complete the "Previously on..." nothing else :D[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, you're right! I completely missed the part about the 3 other quests for the whole thing, jeesh thanks for making me realize that, lol!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Oh crap, you're right! I completely missed the part about the 3 other quests for the whole thing, jeesh thanks for making me realize that, lol![/QUOTE]

Cool let me know what you find out about the "15 year olds with headsets on" I'm just going to start watching videos to complete the other two :)

[quote name='agentcoop007']Cool let me know what you find out about the "15 year olds with headsets on" I'm just going to start watching videos to complete the other two :)[/QUOTE]

in the search box, type "tea-bagging" and view that page

[quote name='agentcoop007']Cool let me know what you find out about the "15 year olds with headsets on" I'm just going to start watching videos to complete the other two :)[/QUOTE]

AHA, go to Halo Reach's game page, click on concepts on the far left, scroll down and click on "Tea Bagging" and BAM!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']So just finished the 35 min preview and didn't get the quest completion...anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

try watching it from the actual halo reach videos page. I watched it twice on the thread and it didn't work for me, watched it on there and it worked. I just let it run in the background and mute it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']No you wont need the ODST disk.

"Bungie and Microsoft have decided to give us a handful of access codes that will allow the lucky recipients to download the Beta and start playing on April 29"[/QUOTE]
Uh, you still have to download the beta if you have ODST.

I didn't see it specified if the disc was required or not for this contest.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Uh, you still have to download the beta if you have ODST.

I didn't see it specified if the disc was required or not for this contest.[/QUOTE]

I assume it will work like the beta keys they gave out to the people who played halo 2 online. They were all to be given codes to access the Halo Reach beta without having anything to do with ODST.

[quote name='kidrocklive']try watching it from the actual halo reach videos page. I watched it twice on the thread and it didn't work for me, watched it on there and it worked. I just let it run in the background and mute it.[/QUOTE]

I only watched the videos from the Reach videos, but still no go, guess I'll try again:drool:

bread's done
Back