STEAM Rockstar Collection $42.50

gamer1233

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
header.jpg

Steam is having a rockstar games sale, right now they have the Rockstar Collection on sale all week for $42.50

If you missed the Bully deal, newegg has a better price. Thanks goes to EliotAndrews for the alert.

Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC)
$5.99 (FREE SHIPPING)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832262074

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to not buy it since I already have GTA IV, Max Payne, Max Payne 2. Then I realized the Stories from Liberty City was included in this pack. Very tempting.

How well do Vice City and San Andreas perform compared to their console counterparts? I am very interested in revisiting San Andreas but don't want to get the PS2 version.

All the old GTA games perform well on PC, except they can be a pain to control. They don't come with native controller support.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']All the old GTA games perform well on PC, except they can be a pain to control. They don't come with native controller support.[/QUOTE]

How well do they work with something like Xpadder? Mostly interested in how the VC and SA games control. I probably will never play the original GTA or GTA2.

tempting, I really want GTA 3, VC, and Episodes of LC. I already have a retail copy of 4 and SA though. Think theres any chance of them just doing a total GTA pack? I guess I'm also interested in Bully, maybe I'll just get the total pack if by the end of the week they haven't done a deal on all the gta games together.

I was interested in Bully, but the general consensus is that Scholarship Edition is a bad PC port. I was interested in the new content, but if the framerate's awful and the game crashes constantly, I think it's worth holding off for one of the console versions. (360 and Wii, for example.)

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Only two hours? What exactly is Steam doing?

What about the people that work and don't visit Steam hourly?[/QUOTE]

What's with the sense of entitlement?

[quote name='RColaUAB']How well do they work with something like Xpadder? Mostly interested in how the VC and SA games control. I probably will never play the original GTA or GTA2.[/QUOTE]I have no problem with my 360 controller and xpadder. San Andreas and Vice City recognize the 360 controller except for the triggers and the right analog stick. I use xpadder for the triggers and set the mouse to right analog stick for looking around (I dont think you can look around the car while driving in vice city.) Some things dont work exactly the way I want them to but for the most part the games control pretty good, but that is just my opinion.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I was interested in Bully, but the general consensus is that Scholarship Edition is a bad PC port. I was interested in the new content, but if the framerate's awful and the game crashes constantly, I think it's worth holding off for one of the console versions. (360 and Wii, for example.)[/QUOTE]
Apparently with the latest patch the game has been much improved. I'm downloading it right now to test that out.

Ah, purchased! Even though I already own it for the PS2, I would like to be able to play this anywhere I want. Plus, that price is way too good to pass for a classic game.

[quote name='jp0213']Apparently with the latest patch the game has been much improved. I'm downloading it right now to test that out.[/QUOTE]
If that's the case, that's not bad. I wanted to grab it during the PS2 days, but, even back then, my backlog was far too big to even consider it.

Definitely, let me/us know if it works.

As odd as it sounds, I decided to keep my $2.50 since I've played through Vice City no less than three times in the past. I'm looking forward to the other games in Rockstar's catalog that could go on sale during this promotion.

Seriously, though, two hours only? When did Steam start taking ques from D2D?

So far the game is running very well. I'm at 1920x1080, shadows on high, AA at 8, and V-Sync on. Actually didn't notice any difference with v-sync on or off. It does look like the game has a FPS lock at 30. Haven't had it dropped below 29.5FPS yet. The game plays very smooth and I didn't even notice the 30FPS until I was looking at my EVGA Precision readout in the corner. Honestly, just like I said in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition thread, the 30FPS isn't a big deal on a game of this nature. It's definitely true in the case of this game. Before the current update, there were apparently issues with 64-bit operating systems. Game is playing super smooth actually. 360 controller was recognized immediately and works great.

Hardware I'm running:
Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X2 545
8GB Ram
EVGA GTX 275 (no overclock....yet)

Is the Rockstar Collection going to be on sale all week? I do want it, but mostly for Episodes from Liberty City.

It says on sale all week but doesn't give an exact end date. I really hope they don't just drop a GTA pack and Bully that are cheaper combined than the entire RockStar collcetion price. That would possibly irritate me, as I paid for the Rockstar pack after already owning 3 games. Oh well. Had to do it. Too good of a price. Of course this just goes back to the fact I have WAY too large of a Steam backlog.

Weird sale, each only being two hours long... I wonder if that's a way for them to provide extremely deep discounts without pissing off the B&M retailers?

I bought the R* pack ages ago, so I'm only looking for a deal on GTA 4 (which is a definite). Doubt the Episodes will be on sale other than the mega pack.

Well after playing Bully for the past hour, I have to say that it runs/plays beautifully. Never had a single stutter or slowdown. It never dropped below 29.5fps and I only seen that once. It was constantly at 30.0-31.0 throughout, even when fighting about 5 different guys at once. I have to say this current patch must have fixed every problem with the last revision. Can't say for certain but it runs great. The system requirements aren't all that much either, I might actually be able to play it on my netbook when it comes in.

It would be nice to know during which two hours the sales will be happening. Keeping Steam open all day, every day, at school, at work, and so on--that's a bit much.

Still, looks like we'll be getting some good deals!

Aw man, i'm late to this... so does this mean a San Andreas sale won't happen again? It seems as though a sale for this game happened earlier and i missed it. I've been meaning to buy just that game... I hope they discount it again.

bread's done
Back